Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shorten Tracking URLs

The current URLs used for tracking link clicks are quite long. Offering a way to shorten them via Bit.ly or perhaps an custom shortened URL would be helpful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. where to find the smtp password in new ui?

where to find the smtp password in new ui?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to move tracking pixel to beginning of email

Our platform allows users to generate emails and send them. Some of them are quite long, and end up being truncated by email clients like Gmail. This results in open events not being tracked for many of the emails, since the tracking pixel is at the bottom and the email was truncated. It would be great to be able to optionally move the tracking pixel to the beginning of the email.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support user generated DKIM keys for strict DMARC alignment

dmarc.org[1] lays out several strategies for integration with third party senders; your current implementation allows option 1.1, which means that you can use a subdomain (e.g. mx.example.com) to send mail from @example.com and pass DMARC with relaxed alignment.

However if the organisation wants to use strict alignment this will fail (mx.example.com matches example.com in relaxed alignment, but fails in strict alignment). Option 1.2 would allow this by having your customers generate a private DKIM key for example.com and providing it to you so that you can generate DKIM signature for example.com with it when sending from mx.example.com.

[1] https://dmarc.org/wiki/FAQ#My_organization_uses_third-parties_senders.2C_how_can_I_get_them_DMARC_compliant.3F

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add possibility to pay in euro

Actually european banks apply important fee on your invoice because they are in dollar. It is a real brake to develop your model in Europe.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a way for users to resubscribe

The %unsubscribe_url% tag can be used to create a link to the Mailgun unsubscribe page, but once a user has unsubscribed they can't resubscribe themselves later. They might have unsubscribed in error, or changed their mind, but there's no way for them to opt back in themselves.

Ideally you'd have a "Manage my subscription" page that could be linked to via a tag like the %unsubscribe_url% tag, where a user can either unsubscribe or resubscribe themselves.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Billing - > VAT number

Please provide a field for VAT number to be included into invoices.
    Thankn you

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get Exact URL Clicked in Email

Mailgun provides logs where you can view even details like delivered, clicked, etc. An email can have multiple links to be clicked. I wish to know which link in the email was clicked. Right now the logs only say clicked and no details on which link was clicked.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Fallback Variables

We need to have have "fallback variables" as an option. It is currently available on competing platforms and it's absolutely essential.

For example, if someone uploads a list and it is missing the first name...

Let's say now its: "Hi %first-name%"

this would come out as "Hi" if there was no first name on the list.

However, we need to support fallbacks like: %first-name=Friend% so if there's no name, it comes out as "Hi Friend"

Please!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support iOS 9 universal links

Universal links in iOS 9 make it possible for our links to open directly in our app. Unfortunately redirects break this behavior, so Mailgun's click tracking breaks our universal links.

A simple workaround would be to allow us to set an arbitrary CNAME. I could then point that CNAME at a CloudFront distribution. That way we could serve an apple-app-site-association file and redirect all other requests to mailgun.

We could then intercept the click tracking links in the app, and fetch the click tracking link to record the click and get the redirect target.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow sending text/calendar as a multipart/alternative format so Outlook can accept my invites

We've been sending ics files as attachments, but the only way that Outlook will recognize them as calendar events is if you send it as a multipart/alternative. The Mailgun API only supports text or html, which means I have to build a MIME email to send it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Messages can be scheduled for a maximum of 7 days in the future.

Messages can be scheduled for a maximum of 7 days in the future instead of 3.

If it's due to spam perhaps you can get people to verify their bank account etc.

The reason why this would be good is because i plan my release of products every weekend. The items will be released daily and so can my email be sent daily automatically. Well i mean it's easier for me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2FA Improvement

It would be nice if 2FA remembered my browser so that I don't have to do it every single time I log in. That's how it works with Gmail and most other services that I use 2FA with. Having to use 2FA every time I log in is inconvenient enough that I won't use it here. At least twice I've configured it and turned it back off because it's such a hassle.

And since I have to log out and log in with a different email address for every single client that I help with mailgun, I need to log…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. resend

Add "batch resend" feature for failed messages within a time range.

Why this is an important feature:

If you've used a shared IP and use the mailgun API to send customer receipts, order confirmations etc, and the IP has been flagged for spam or blocked, you then purchase a dedicated IP, and now you need to resend the failed messages, today you have to do this manually, and if you have several hundred or thousands of messages, this is a extremely big waste of time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Build in one click List-Unsubscribe (RFC 8058) support

Mailgun should provide better List-Unsubscribe support by

* Allowing the following functionality to be turned on/off
    * Having unsubscribe / unsubscribe tag pages be compatible (automatically unsubscribe the user in response to a POST request)
    * Adding the appropriate List-Unsubscribe and List-Unsubscribe-Post headers added to mail
    * Include the headers in the DKIM signature

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change DKIM selector using the API

I'd like to set DKIM Selector for a domain using the API

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Billing - updates on reaching different pricing tiers during a billing cylce

We would really like to have some kind of notification (preferably over email) from Mailgun when we hit a particular pricing tier in a billing cycle. So for example, when volume crosses 10K and a new price point kicks in, we get a notification. Similarly a notification when we hit different price tiers in a month (billing cycle)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include that tag on the page when using the tag_unsubscribe_url

Right now you can let users unsubscribe just from a tag by using tag_unsubscribe_url in your email template. This is great.

However, the copy on the page generated by tag_unsubscribe_url is very misleading, and potentially could represent a non-compliant email.

The copy is visible here:
    http://imgur.com/a/8gY2J

Even when you are unsubscribing just from a tag, the copy says "Unsubscribe user@domain.com from mg.domain.com"

There is no mention that you are only unsubscribing from just one tag, so a user who goes through this process will likely think they have unsubscribed from all mails. This could be very misleading to an end…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New Mailing List Access Level List of Permitted Senders

Change the access level of a mailing list not only to be limited to "members", "everyone", and "read-only" to also include an option for allowing a list of addresses for a particular list or domain. Updating the list of permitted Addresses should have a similar API access as editing mailing lists. This allows specific people to send to lists they are not on, but also restricts unwanted senders.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Count clicks as opens or add an extra field with 'aggregated opens'

It would be great if there is a new feature where recipients who click a link inside a campaign are also registered as if they open the mail. If not in the same way then maybe with extra event per recipient and an aggregated 'open_through_clicks' -count for every campaign.

If you think about it it makes perfect sense. You have to open an email to click.

For example MailChimp on this issue:
    "Since subscribers have to open a campaign to click a link inside it, we'll consider those clicks as opens even if the tracking image didn't load."
    --> http://kb.mailchimp.com/reports/about-open-and-click-rates

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base