Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use https protocol instead http in tracking url

Now we have troubles with removing our domain from blacklist because of using non-secure protocol in tracking pixel: http:email.ourdomain.com/bla-bla-bla. Your system doesn't provide ability to use https now, but it would be very useful to provide it

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Billing - updates on reaching different pricing tiers during a billing cylce

We would really like to have some kind of notification (preferably over email) from Mailgun when we hit a particular pricing tier in a billing cycle. So for example, when volume crosses 10K and a new price point kicks in, we get a notification. Similarly a notification when we hit different price tiers in a month (billing cycle)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Mailgun account email to send emails to mailing lists from Outlook

Allow Mailgun account email to send emails to mailing lists from Outlook without having to change the outgoing servers. This would be a step between needing to be authenticated (Read Only) and Allowing people in the mailing lists to post things.

This way the owner of the mailgun account can send emails from Outlook to their mailing lists, but no one else would be able to do this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Billing - > VAT number

Please provide a field for VAT number to be included into invoices.
    Thankn you

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get Exact URL Clicked in Email

Mailgun provides logs where you can view even details like delivered, clicked, etc. An email can have multiple links to be clicked. I wish to know which link in the email was clicked. Right now the logs only say clicked and no details on which link was clicked.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Fallback Variables

We need to have have "fallback variables" as an option. It is currently available on competing platforms and it's absolutely essential.

For example, if someone uploads a list and it is missing the first name...

Let's say now its: "Hi %first-name%"

this would come out as "Hi" if there was no first name on the list.

However, we need to support fallbacks like: %first-name=Friend% so if there's no name, it comes out as "Hi Friend"

Please!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support iOS 9 universal links

Universal links in iOS 9 make it possible for our links to open directly in our app. Unfortunately redirects break this behavior, so Mailgun's click tracking breaks our universal links.

A simple workaround would be to allow us to set an arbitrary CNAME. I could then point that CNAME at a CloudFront distribution. That way we could serve an apple-app-site-association file and redirect all other requests to mailgun.

We could then intercept the click tracking links in the app, and fetch the click tracking link to record the click and get the redirect target.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi MailGun Team. I suggest you create a new function to let customer can limit the email send out for each domain monthly. Thanks!

Hi MailGun Team. I suggest you create a new function to let customer can limit the email send out for each domain monthly. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Default View for Logs

On the Sending > Logs page, the default fields are consistently reset regardless of what changes you make. My team does not need to see the defaults, and must change these settings every time they load a new page. Please make an option for those choices to be sticky, or to allow users to set default values for their shown fields on the Logs page

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. “There was an error loading your data, please refresh to try again.”

Sections show the error "There was an error loading your data, please refresh to try again." and in some cases the boxes show "undefined / NaN delivered" for statistics

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to disable logs for specific domain

This use case involves adding a private domain (its my family na.me). I would love to use mailgun for simple forwarding of first@na.me for various family members without the ability to snoop their messages.

If there were an option to at least disable content logging for this specific domain, I would happily use mailgung for that purpose.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a periodic (weekly) email update with latest deliverability numbers.

When my deliverability swings up or down I often don't see it until days or weeks later. A weekly email with my recent statistics would allow me to track it more easily (and give you the ability to upsell static IP's)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support the + alias for non-gmail domains

Currently, the mailbox_validation comes back as false for emails with the + alias trick (joe+alias@example.com) even if the domain is hosted by G-Suite

Support tells me this is a gmail only feature but that's not true, it works at least for hotmail.com and outlook.com emails too.

Why can't you just check the MX records to verify if the MX domain is one that supports the + alias trick?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a Date Range Filter on the Analytics Page

Currently, we are only able to filter information on the "Analytics" page by day. It would be very beneficial to be able to filter by a date range for our data under the analytics page in a similar fashion to how the "Reporting" filter works (30, 60, 90, or custom day range).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow CNAME chaining for tracking opens, clicks.

Currently my app (email.mydomain.com) CNAME is pointed to mailgun.org, but when I have my users' domains point to email.mydomain.com, it does not accept this as a chain CNAME.

It would be nice to validate this so it can be whitelabel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change DKIM selector using the API

I'd like to set DKIM Selector for a domain using the API

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. role-based multi-user access restricted by domain

We were excited to discover the multi-user capability and are even more excited for the possibility of restricting access based on role and domain.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide a login audit log

Enable users to check the login history of their accounts/sub accounts. It's just good security, I imagine you must log this internally, just expose a limited subset of it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include that tag on the page when using the tag_unsubscribe_url

Right now you can let users unsubscribe just from a tag by using tagunsubscribeurl in your email template. This is great.

However, the copy on the page generated by tagunsubscribeurl is very misleading, and potentially could represent a non-compliant email.

The copy is visible here:
    http://imgur.com/a/8gY2J

Even when you are unsubscribing just from a tag, the copy says "Unsubscribe user@domain.com from mg.domain.com"

There is no mention that you are only unsubscribing from just one tag, so a user who goes through this process will likely think they have unsubscribed from all mails. This could be very…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base