General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. Add unsubscribe footers to emails sent via "everyone" / "members" mailing list

Currently, if you set up a mailing list, add people to it and select the access level to "everyone" or "members" you have a good old fashioned email discussion list where people use their regular email clients to access (ie we are not talking about programmatic access here).

But - even when you enable "unsubscribes" in the mailgun admin - unsubscribe links are NOT appended to each email received via the list.

After a lengthy discussion with support they tell me this is as the system is designed and the footer only gets added if people send via Mailgun's SMTP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Seemed ok at first, but many emails not delivered to recipients without any issue notification.

Many recipients failed to receive my email and no issues were reported. Lack the experience or subject matter expertise to track-down the issue(s).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give ability to create sandbox for EU region

Otherwise, it's quite hard to test own integration with Mailgun API when you develop a solution for a big number of clients who are required to use EU region.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The final failed retry event for a no MX message should have permanent severity.

When a message is sent to a domain without an MX record (498), mailgun attempts to send the message for up to 8 hours. Each attempt will be recorded as a failed event with severity = "temporary". The reason is set to "generic" for each attempt except the final attempt which is set to "old".

This final attempt failure event should have severity = "permanent" so you can use the Permanent Failure webhook to observe this dropped message.

Currently, you must also use the Temporary Failure webhook and inspect the reason property to see if the temporary failure is effectively…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Monetise small improvements

Hi there. I've been using your great free service for the last 6 months. I run a very small charity site for alumni of Save the Children. Don't worry - I'm not asking for a freebie!
    It seems to me there is a large gap between your free service and your lowest cost billable service - which my charity can't afford. I wonder if you could make more money and offer customers a better service with low cost annual subscriptions for specific small features. Here's an example. The limit of 1,000 emails a day for my site is fine. The…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a route action to reject incoming emails (ie do not even process them)

Currently, the stop() action merely stops all subsequent routes. The email that matches the conditions is still processed (and therefore charged). As such, a potential attacker (say a determined competitor) can inflict a huge bill on a mailgun domain by sending a large amount of emails to that domain.

My suggestion is to have an action that will ignore a sender / sending domain entirely and refuse to accept some emails with the action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Revert recent change regarding 400 Bad Request on non-working email addresses

Mailgun provides an excellent service. However, a recent change was made to the API: 400 Bad Request is returned if the address is not valid.

The validation is a deep check that is not commonly performed (in my experience), including checking the domain for a MX record and effective TLD names (using https://publicsuffix.org/list/effective_tld_names.dat).

The issue with this is

1) There are no clear distinction between an invalid API request and invalid content. E.g. you get a 400 bad request if a required parameter is missing and if the email address is invalid

- Currently the documentation states: "Bad Request…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support default callback webhooks for all domains in my account

When I create a new sending domain, I need to configure the webhooks again. These are the same URLs for every domain, so it would be easier if I could set this for my account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to temporarily pause/disable domain, so it can be reactivated later

Along with delete domain at bottom of domain page, add a pause/disable domain, so all mail for all credentials can be paused if problem occurs + resumed when problem is cleared.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow modifying the return-path of routed emails to allow better support of email auto responders.

Right now if you receive an email that you are forwarding with a route to gmail, Mailgun sets the Return-Path header to a bounce email. This does not play nicely with vacation reponder systems (namely Gmail). Those systems respond to the Return-Path and the auto-response doesn't go to the intended recipient. I'd like the ability to override the modified Return-Path and set it to the from/reply-to email.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. View the log file as a table I can copy to Excel

I am missing the option to export a log-list from the Mailgun Control Panel.
    I suggest you create a table view that show this data, like an Excel table, showing columns like; email address, error code, error-message.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Setup a Mailgun install without composer required.

Being forced to install composer seems a bit unnecessary. I would love not needing the overhead of composer.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. API Key Permissions/Restrictions to Reduce the Impact of a Leaked Key

Security Feature:

It should be possible to restrict the call types that your API key is able to make in order to reduce the impact of a leaked/breached key.

For example, if my API key is accidentally exposed, an attacker could then go on to exfiltrate data from my account.

If it were possible to lock down your API key so that it can only make certain call types, the impact of such a breach would be drastically reduced.

For example, I could lock down my key so that it is only permitted to add/send emails to a particular mailing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Retrieve Rendered Message via API

The new capability to show a rendering of the message on the dashboard is fantastic, but would be nice if we could request this via the API for display on our side.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support IDN domains; Domains with Unicode characters

Please add support for International Domain Names.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable MailGun Api to send email with multiple BCC email addresses only.

It's a common scenario when you want to send an email and have a list of recipients which for business purpose needs to be in BCC.

Currently the error which comes from the MailGun Api is "'Bad Request - 'to' parameter is missing' error."

Here are some StackOverflow threads about this
    * http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28503099/how-to-send-mail-only-to-bcc-with-mailgun-php-api
    * http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34400386/do-i-have-to-specify-a-to-recipient

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow wildcard and full domain suppression

Allow adding address such as the following to suppress lists so that known bad domains can be preemptively blocked.

test*@baddomain.com
    *@extrabaddomain.com

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow the same domain across multiple accounts

As a marketing tool we're sending email on behalf of numerous clients and their domains. Some of those clients are either using Mailgun directly or through another marketing service.

This causes problems when they attempt to validate their DKIM and SPF records, as we can't add their domain to our account.

Adding a sub-domain instead is a work-around at best and transferring the domain to our account is impossible most times, so being able to share domains across Mailgun accounts would fix this nicely.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get stats by SMTP credentials

Hello,

I think it would be interesting (from a stats perspective) if you can provide another API endpoint to get the current stats by domain and credentials.

An example:

Imagine the domain.com has 3 SMTP login:
    - postmaster@domain.com
    - newsletter@domain.com
    - autoresponse@domain.com

Now we can get stats from domain.com (so we can get the domain has sent 300 messages), but we don't know if we have sent these messages using the autoresponse@domain.com account or using newsletter@domain.com or any other account that we can create.

If you can consider this new feature I think will be nice from a Stats and…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SMTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Accept attachments encoded as Base64 strings in the "/messages" API endpoint

It might be helpful for some users if the "/messages" API endpoint would accept attachments as Base64-encoded strings, with a name and content-type described somehow.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base