Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flex plan needs some way to use inbound routes feature

With the introduction of the the Flex plan and the elimination of the free plan the "Inbound Routing" feature is no longer available for the entry level plan.

This broke a major use case for Mailgun as routes are an essential feature even for low mail volume accounts.

$35 to acquire mail routing is just infeasible when you only use 200 e-mails per month.

Mailgun needs to somehow allow Flex plan users to either have a pay-per-use for routing or make it available outright. Otherwise you are saying you do not really need these low volume customers.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Per-link analytics for click tracking

Being able to track opens and clicks and consume that data via the Analytics dashboard is awesome. However, most emails that we send out contain multiple links - e.g. for account activation, homepage, featured blog post, social links, etc.

I would like to be able to have analytics on a per-link basis. Mailchimp allows this, see https://i.imgur.com/2iIocrv.png.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A cheaper option for inbound-only users

I would like to request that Mailgun offers an inexpensive plan for non-senders.

Specifically, myself and many others love using Mailgun exclusively as a mail routing/forwarding service for their domain(s). Mailgun's implementation of this is brilliant, but unfortunately I cannot justify upgrading to the $35/month plan for this feature only: I send zero emails out per month via Mailgun, which obviously is far less than what Foundation 50k allocates!

May I suggest the following new plan: "Inbound Only". It would be the same as Foundation 50k except:
    * Zero outbound emails per month (instead, billed on flex pay-as-you-go model)

I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple API Keys

Option to have multiple API keys, for example: client 1 has the API key exposed, we now have to roll this key, and update all clients using it.

Whereas, if we had multiple keys, we'd only need to roll and update that one client using the key.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add tool-tips to icon-based UI controls

Please add tool-tips to some of the more non-obvious icon-only buttons (e.g., circular-arrow-with-dashed-lines)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Feature to export from the Mailgun site

I would like to export data from the "Logs" screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UX bug - update Payment Method

RE: Updating Payment Method

Re: Address section
    Only 'Billing address (line 1)' is available

This is weird.. it makes you feel like the form is incomplete and updating credit card wont work - which it didn't - took three attempts before my updated credit card would save.

Suggest you do a UX run through.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send Time Optimization support for batched sending

Currently, Send Time Optimization is only supported for emails sent to a single recipient. This makes the feature essentially unusable to us due to volume. We would like to see STO support for batched sending.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shorter passwords for printer

Hi, we want to use our BRAND new printers with mailgun, but we cannot, because the printer manufcaturerers all have a character count limit on SMTP passwords and mailgun forces long passwords, see the problem? :P Thanks in adnvacnendansxdas6t34ui87på

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Click bounces to see bounces

Let me click on the bounces to drill in and see which domains are bouncing my emails. As it is, if an email isn't received by a recipient who expected it, there's no way for me to do anything but see something was dropped.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop asking me for 2FA EVERY single time!

Every time I login, it requires a 2-factor auth code.
    Can we set it so it doesn't ask us the code each and every time we login? I login daily and it drives me insane!
    Instead, it could ask us for it once every 30 days or only when signing in on a new browser?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search suppressions list by email domain

PLEASE allow us to search the suppressions list by email domain, not just specific email. Our use of the product means that we often have multiple users from a single domain that we send email to. If something goes wrong with their email server, and they end up suppressed, removing them is a real pain. The customer has to provide us with every possible email that was suppressed, and we have to search them all one by one. I REALLY wish I could just search by domain instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default View for Logs

On the Sending > Logs page, the default fields are consistently reset regardless of what changes you make. My team does not need to see the defaults, and must change these settings every time they load a new page. Please make an option for those choices to be sticky, or to allow users to set default values for their shown fields on the Logs page

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. download analytics logs

i want to be able to download analyics logs please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Template variable usage is inconsistent

I hate how batch emails requires a different style of template variables: %recipient.message% versus the standard handlebars style: {{ recipient.message }}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow filtering logs to find incoming emails

There's no way to filter out forwarded emails in logs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send emails based on template to mailing list in 1 click

It's not easy to see how I can send an email template to a mailing list. This should be a straightforward thing to do

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include version & tag info in template GET

GETting a template should include the active version tag. Otherwise I have to track versions/ tags myself, or make several requests to find out the tag.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Retain raw MIME logs from the current 3 days to 30 days inline with the logs

At the moment the raw MIME data is kept only for 3 days which does not help the business process where we have to resend an email which is older than 3 days. So please keep the raw MIME data for 30 days inline with logs. This will help to resend failed messages and for data analysis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base