Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to move tracking pixel to beginning of email

Our platform allows users to generate emails and send them. Some of them are quite long, and end up being truncated by email clients like Gmail. This results in open events not being tracked for many of the emails, since the tracking pixel is at the bottom and the email was truncated. It would be great to be able to optionally move the tracking pixel to the beginning of the email.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add support for assigning a specific attachment to each recipient in batch sending.

At this time Mailgun does not provide support for sending user specific attachments in batch mailing. Please add the support for that. In case of sending thousands of emails, we have to call the mailgun APIs thousands of times which does not look a valid approach. And we can't send URL of the attachments in the emails because the attachments files are stored temporarily on the server and it's confidential.

Adding this feature will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A way to identify attached vs embedded images in incoming mail.

In incoming mails all the files - embedded or attached - come in one big bunch.
    It's also impossible to re-build the HTML, because the identifiers aren't there.

If there was an extra array passed on with the request, containing file names with their original identifiers, this would become possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sanitize and/or parse addresses in headers for incoming email

Standard email headers such as FROM, CC, TO, SENDER, etc. contain email addresses, groups, or lists of addresses as described in RFC 5322.

Mailgun currently passes on the (transcoded) data as it is received, including any errors that buggy MUAs or ESPs may send. Moreover, most libraries only do very strict parsing; This forces developers to implement lenient parsing themselves to ensure all incoming email is accepted.

Mailgun could sanitize these fields in a way that we can really trust the headers and use a strict parser on them. That would be a big plus.

It would even BETTER if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
    In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Throttling adjustment on Mailgun side

The ability to adjust the automatic throttling for blacklisted domains (like yahoo) on our side rather than just having it done on the recipient side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customer’s Email Life Cycle

Customer’s email life cycle - what emails they’re getting, what they engaged with, and some type of visual of the emails the user received. Meaning, they want to be able to search for a user (someone@domain.com) and be able to view all (recent) messages sent to them and their engagement - like a contact profile for the customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto-detection feature for affected IP-addresses

A problem with sending email with Mailgun is: many Mailgun users are using the same IP-address. When another user is sending spam, all emails from that IP-address to Hotmail/Live addresses are blocked, until Mailgun has assegned a new IP-address after a couple of hours (when I create a ticket).

My idea: an automatic affected IP-address detection. When Microsoft returns an error "bad IP reputation", then automatically assign a new IP address and resend the failed emails.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Longer Message Details Retention Periods

Would like to be able to view the Message Details (MIME, content, etc) for longer than the 72 hour period after the message is sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Inbox placement stats

Inbox placement stats from ISPs that are sent every month to high volume users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please Turn of CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot for Those with 2FA

Hi Guys:

I have 2-factor switched on with you... super-hi secure. I don't even allow the texting version - Google Authenticator only, so my Mailgun account is really very secure.

However, for the best of reasons, you've implemented the CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot step where one has to recognize cars, mountains, traffic lights etc... BEFORE the 2-step. It's an annoying extra step that no other site requires for folks with 2FA enabled.

Can you please get rid of it for those of us who've already done the secure thing and switched on 2-step please?

Happy Holidays...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support SAML SSO

Support SAML SSO as well as oAuth or OpenID

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the sending IP Address to the logs

When in the Domain Logs part of the website you can view the details of the email that you sent. What is missing from this is which IP was used to send it out. This is especially important when warming up a dedicated IP address. In the scenario where you have 1 shared and 1 dedicated IP on a domain you want to see which of the IPs is having success and which isn't

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Routes

It would be nice to be able to set auto notifications on certain metrics. For example, if we have X route creation in our package it would be nice to get notified before the system throws an exception due to too many routes. In general, a sort of nagios for mail based issues that will arrive if usage doesn't change or maintenance done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Whitelist recipient domains for non-production accounts

Add a whitelist feature to limit which email domains a credential acct can send to emails. For example, a cloud app sending out as no-reply@mymailgun.com.au must only be able to send emails to the @testing.com.au and @testing.nsw.gov.au domains. If it tries to send email to @hotmail.com, it will be not be successful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. markdown

I use Notion.so to create blog posts in markdown, and we're incredibly productive with this workflow! I'd like to be able to create email messages and templates using markdown, and have mailgun translate those to html. Ideally, this should be supported in the API and in the UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Track open events also if images are blocking

Part of my recipients are blocking images by purpose, it's a principle.
    They won't change it.
    As a result, the open event is not fired for those recipients.
    I expect Mailgun to enable me track ALL OPEN EVENTS, regardless to the recipients settings.
    Thanks!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Discounted prices for educational institution

Our educational institution wants to know if they have special prices for colleges and universities.
    we are interested in the Production Plan 100k Plan
    $ 79.00 / m.
    We appreciate your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the domain selector incremental search to search any part of the domain name

I'm often searching for emails in the Logs pane, and have to select the correct domain to delimit my searches to. That's perfectly fine, but currently the incremental search only seems to match from the beginning of the domain name.

Allowing the incremental search to match on any (continuous) part of the domain name would allow me to search faster, since I only have to know part of the name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base