Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Zapier Integration - Add Routes

Add the ability to create/edit/delete Routes in Mailgun via Zapier.

I would like Zapier to create a client friendly email route of ClientX@mycompany.com in Mailgun and forward any inbound emails to 123xyz@basecamp.com, a randomly generated and long email address that's unique for each Basecamp project.

This will save a lot of time when setting up new client accounts, rather than configuring the Route manually. I'm sure that there are hundreds of other uses for making Routes accessible via Zapier as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GoDaddy DNS Conflicts

The information provided causes direct conflicts with the way GoDaddy handles DNS. Since you mention GoDaddy on your page, it would be VERY helpful to make special notes regarding GoDaddy's conventions. I've wasted 5 days trying to get connected.
    GoDaddy does not allow the use of the domain name (***.com) in DNS records. The @ sign always replaces the domain name. When the domain name is the end of a hostname parameter, it should be omitted (k1._domainkey.xxxcom should be k1._domainkey).
    Lastly, the use of the CNAME host parameter "email" conflicts with their system, and MX records may also cause problems…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration with Segment.io

Would love to get a Mailgun integration with Segment.io so we can easily pass data and reporting analytics back and forth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. automatic spf record rewrite (at least give me the new text with mailgun inside!

It would be neat if Mailgun could go and READ an existing domain's SPF record (like cloudflare does) and returns a COMPLETE, accurate new SPF record.

No big deal, but helpful for us less brainy clients!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Google SSO / GSuite Integration

Allow users to login with google and diable mailgun authentication.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. U2F 2 Factor Auth (Yubikey)

Implement U2F/Yubikey support for 2 factor auth.

This will enable people who can't use their phones in the office, but can use hardware tokens, to take advantage of the 2 factor auth you just implemented.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An official mailgun slack app integration

It would be nice if mailgun had an official slack app , so that we can automatically post delivery or perhaps analytics based details to certain channels for I.T and Ops teams to review , that do not have access to the Dashboards or the mailgun admin website.

The current webhook service area does not work with slack's interpretation of what a webhook should post (in terms of tokens) and is not useful as a result.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add simple configuration for google analytics

I would like to be able to add Google Analytics tags to links in my emails so i can combine my email campaign data with my campaign from other mediums

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. wordpress

I'd love to see a WordPress plugin that would allow control of settings and show reporting while allowing the site to use Mailgun to send emails from it's domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable a "Reply to" address that is different than the "From" address in Zapier

Allowing a "Reply to" address that is different from the "From" would GREATLY expand the power of the Zapier integration by allowing users of an application to follow the Truthful Routing clause of the CAN-SPAM while being able to receive replies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Mailgun account email to send emails to mailing lists from Outlook

Allow Mailgun account email to send emails to mailing lists from Outlook without having to change the outgoing servers. This would be a step between needing to be authenticated (Read Only) and Allowing people in the mailing lists to post things.

This way the owner of the mailgun account can send emails from Outlook to their mailing lists, but no one else would be able to do this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Forward feedback loop emails

Please add the possibility to forward feedback loop emails so that we can use other tools to analyse them in more detail then Mailgun provides...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support iOS 9 universal links

Universal links in iOS 9 make it possible for our links to open directly in our app. Unfortunately redirects break this behavior, so Mailgun's click tracking breaks our universal links.

A simple workaround would be to allow us to set an arbitrary CNAME. I could then point that CNAME at a CloudFront distribution. That way we could serve an apple-app-site-association file and redirect all other requests to mailgun.

We could then intercept the click tracking links in the app, and fetch the click tracking link to record the click and get the redirect target.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable Gmail Quick Actions!

it should be easy to support "One-Click Actions" and "Go-to actions" and would be a really nice feature imo.

https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/overview#gmail_actions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add regex capabilities to search boxes in the website

Especially:
    - mailing list recipients
    - logs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send logs into aggregators like Papertrail

I would love the ability to hook up my Mailgun account to a service like Papertrail (https://papertrailapp.com) so I can get access to emails more than 30 days old. We've had half a dozen cases in the last few weeks where we've needed to see if a receipt email was received, but since it was more than 30 days ago, we're out of luck.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shorten Tracking URLs

The current URLs used for tracking link clicks are quite long. Offering a way to shorten them via Bit.ly or perhaps an custom shortened URL would be helpful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base