Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. light weight notification of received email

Currently to get notified of new email received you would need to use routes with either "forward" or "store" + "notify". Both these methods makes a request containing the full email body to the receiving service, since the body can be very large they can become up to 50MB in size.

I'm suggesting a new lightweight notification mechanism that would omit the email body and only contains necessary information for the receiving server to fetch the full email later asynchronously. This could be done by introducing a new "store" directive, "notify-light" or a similar name.

The benefit with this would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better visibility in "Sending" search interface to non-templated SMTP messages

It would be very helpful to be able to search messages by subject. However, most of the messages we send have no subject visible in the search interface. This may be because we send a majority of messages via SMTP not through the full API. Also we don't use templates. So the ask is to provide better visibility into messages sent via SMTP with no template.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Beta stats page

The delivered rate in the beta stats is incorrect. Also, list the domain selected in the filter at the top of the beta stats page. Only way to know what domain I'm looking at is by going back to the filter..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email change feature

I accidentally entered wrong email at the registration and now I cant change it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete or update specific single queued message

Good day

I`ve played with your service about 2 days and i love and want it :)

my goal is to build a service with which my customers can send emails at a certain time. Your feature to scheduling emails is a very useful tool. cause i can schedule the emails with one simple cron for the next hour and dont have to worry about a overhead or something.

But Now, there is no way to update or delete a single queued message if my customer do a change. For my case, a drop of the whole queue or the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give Debit card option

You should give option of debit card along with credit card, not everyone has a credit card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multi languages

I have emails I need in 15 languages. So if I use the conditions, it will give a huge template with 15 conditions for every word or paragraph. It could be nice to have a way to separate the wanted language from the code (a form, a json, whatever). Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Configuration to Send or Restrict emails from specific SMTP User

The requirement to send emails to only specific domains under the particular SMTP user.

For example, an application using Mailgun configuration will trigger emails to @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc., domains.
    But Mailgun needs to allow send emails only to @gmail.com and restrict sending emails to other domains.

Mailgun should have a feature to configure domains for both restricting and allowing for sending emails under a particular SMTP User.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see better support for Mailgun's open source Talon

I was excited to hear that Mailgun open sourced their signature stripper, Talon (https://github.com/mailgun/talon), but it has been almost a year since there has been a commit. Issues and pull request continue to pile up and the project does not work with the recent scikit-learn package due to the deprecation of joblib.

The package doesn't strip the signature that I use in my emails and doesn't even strip the sample provided in the README.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Editable test_data on email templates

Hey, it'd be great if I could change the test data so that I can better preview my email templates. E.g., I'm linking to images. Since I can't change the test data, I have to trigger the emails every time I want to check my css on images...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DNS Bind file

It would be really helpful if there was an "advanced" button when adding a new domain that shows the RAW BIND data that could be pasted into a bind file, or imported into a DNS hosting provider. We use Cloudflare for our DNS, and there's a very easy to use tool to import DNS records as BIND data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. API Keys or callbacks per domain to receive mail-events.

Could you make an callback-url per domain or an API key pair per domain?

We can create Sending API keys per domain, But in order to notify our clients (different custommade applications) we would like to implement the general API to receive the failure and suppressed events. So our client know that the mailbox is invalid or that they didn't received there messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message preview

Have a preview of the message for a quick access and have idea what to open. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remember my choice

Please make the System remember my last used Domain... i always have to pick it, though i use only one ... and always that one :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Option To Exclude Sender Header When Using Multiple From Addresses

We would like to be allowed to exclude the Sender header when not using multiple from addresses in the From header per RFC 5322 section 3.6.2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Uptime monitoring

Uptime monitoring - instead of actually monitoring individual e-mails, can we have Mailgun send out a notification of some sort if there is an issue with delivering e-mails, incuding Mailgun downtime? If for example the account reputation drops, the account queue fills itself or Mailgun faces technical issues, can we then configure Mailgun to send out notifications, like e-mails to specified addresses?

We are just looking to get alerted when something is preventing e-mails to get delivered. Our clients are asking for this type of feature, just like website uptime monitoring is already a common feature.

Cheers,
    Marco

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. two api key for easy key rotation

Give at-least two api key place of one , so api key rotation can happen if the key is used in multiple microservices , so easy rollout can happen, With one key rotation of key cause break in every mcroservices at once

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Require TLS response

When an e-mail is sent with the "Require TLS" flag, and TLS is not configured on the recipient's server, Mailgun will continuously make retries and eventually respond with error "602 Too old".

This could be improved by sending a "failed to start TLS" response when encountering this (only once, not on every retry).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. route forward authentication

Add ability to specify authentication when using Route Forwarding to a URL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve the documentation

The Node.js documentation is a bit confusing. You provide me a API base URL in sandbox but it took some time to realize that I need to get only the DOMAIN of that URL. I got that from other languages. Maybe a revision would be nice since it's a bit different from https://github.com/mailgun/mailgun-js.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base