Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Template variable usage is inconsistent

I hate how batch emails requires a different style of template variables: %recipient.message% versus the standard handlebars style: {{ recipient.message }}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow filtering logs to find incoming emails

There's no way to filter out forwarded emails in logs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A cheaper option for inbound-only users

I would like to request that Mailgun offers an inexpensive plan for non-senders.

Specifically, myself and many others love using Mailgun exclusively as a mail routing/forwarding service for their domain(s). Mailgun's implementation of this is brilliant, but unfortunately I cannot justify upgrading to the $35/month plan for this feature only: I send zero emails out per month via Mailgun, which obviously is far less than what Foundation 50k allocates!

May I suggest the following new plan: "Inbound Only". It would be the same as Foundation 50k except:
    * Zero outbound emails per month (instead, billed on flex pay-as-you-go model)

I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send Time Optimization support for batched sending

Currently, Send Time Optimization is only supported for emails sent to a single recipient. This makes the feature essentially unusable to us due to volume. We would like to see STO support for batched sending.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Flex plan needs some way to use inbound routes feature

With the introduction of the the Flex plan and the elimination of the free plan the "Inbound Routing" feature is no longer available for the entry level plan.

This broke a major use case for Mailgun as routes are an essential feature even for low mail volume accounts.

$35 to acquire mail routing is just infeasible when you only use 200 e-mails per month.

Mailgun needs to somehow allow Flex plan users to either have a pay-per-use for routing or make it available outright. Otherwise you are saying you do not really need these low volume customers.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send emails based on template to mailing list in 1 click

It's not easy to see how I can send an email template to a mailing list. This should be a straightforward thing to do

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include version & tag info in template GET

GETting a template should include the active version tag. Otherwise I have to track versions/ tags myself, or make several requests to find out the tag.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Retain raw MIME logs from the current 3 days to 30 days inline with the logs

At the moment the raw MIME data is kept only for 3 days which does not help the business process where we have to resend an email which is older than 3 days. So please keep the raw MIME data for 30 days inline with logs. This will help to resend failed messages and for data analysis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide meaningful delivery status description rather than "Too old"

Provide meaningful delivery status description rather than "Too old"

I'm monitoring webhooks for "permanent" failures and forwarding the "delivery-status" message/description (why are those not unified into a single field??) to my end users. Instead of merely reporting "Too old", please insert the error message from the previous "temporary" failure, so that it becomes clear what the real issue is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saved Bookmarks / Redirect after login

Saved Bookmarks / Redirect after login

I have saved bookmarks for specific locations within the dashboard. When selecting a link, I typically need to go through login first.

After logging in, I'm never redirected to the original bookmark.

This would be a nice addition, because it's currently a small time sink because bookmarks are essentially useless.

Thanks,
    Graeme

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optional daily email with undeliverable mails

Hi.

I really would like an option to configure i could get a daily report of undeliverable messages for our domains so i can check it out (and solve it) when it happens. Any chance of that being added? Thank you, kindest regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mailbox provider stats without tags

I'd like to see general mailbox provider stats, right now one can only see it using tags.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PLEASE Consider Bulk Suppression List Import Capability

Can you please consider creating a bulk .csv list import option for emails/lists we want to add to the suppression list? I'd like to sort the UN-deliverable emails that export from Validation job, and to be able to import a bulk list of these email addresses to add to the Suppression List. Right now I only see a way of doing it one-at-a-time within the Mailgun UI. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Click bounces to see bounces

Let me click on the bounces to drill in and see which domains are bouncing my emails. As it is, if an email isn't received by a recipient who expected it, there's no way for me to do anything but see something was dropped.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preview templates with content via API

I want to provide a user with a preview of what an email to their team will look like. I need an API endpoint to which I can send the template name and content, just like I would for sending a message, but instead of sending, it would just return the HTML that I can then display to the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show IP's that called the API

In the "API Security" you show the Whitelist IP section, you should show a list of IP's that have called our API it would make it easier to see which of our servers are sending it now so that we can easily white list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Filters on Suppressions and Enhance Logs Filters

I would like to find all of the bounces for the suncorsiterentalsforthills.ready-reports.com domain that occurred on 02/06/2020 with an error of #5.1.0 Address rejected and remove them all from the list. For example, wzuchotzki@suncor.com was added on 02/06/20 07:04 AM #5.1.0 Address rejected. But there are many others we don't know about during this time period. So filtering on Suppressions and Logs (filtering by message like #5.1.0 Address rejected) would really help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Feature to export from the Mailgun site

I would like to export data from the "Logs" screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. link from log to suppressions

Would be great if for a failed delivery (not delivering to previously bounced address) in the log, there could be a link directly to search Suppressions for that email address, so you can see why it bounced in the first place..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. email invoice

Is there anyway to get the Mailgun invoices sent via email? This would be helpful when paying the bill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base