Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include region selection into the dashboard features

If I manually navigate to https://app.eu.mailgun.com/app/dashboard - it shows me proper information about my account. But when I try to navigate to any other tab, I got redirected to https://app.mailgun.com (without EU suffix) DNS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display internal failures in logs

If using an IP who's reputation has become tarnished to the point where several domains are rejecting emails long enough to be timed out, there is no longer a way to filter for that permanent failure. These "internal failure"s just drop away. They show a temporary fail for 8 hours, then nothing. No delivery, no permanent failure.

Please make these internal failures visible in the logs so they can be filtered / seen. There is not a good way to filter for "no longer retrying" emails. It's easy enough to filter for ONE email, follow it until it drops off…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mail notification for failed mail

We need error/failed/drop mail notification alert to register mail address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Analytics by SMTP user

It would be great to filter analytics by SMTP user!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow for Shorter SMTP Credentials

t is important to us as a customer to be able to edit our SMTP credentials. Our system is limited to a password character max of 8 characters. I respect you security effort in generating a very long password but, this will not work for us. Please pass this on to those who need to know. Thank you so much for your consideration is this matter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. automatic spf record rewrite (at least give me the new text with mailgun inside!

It would be neat if Mailgun could go and READ an existing domain's SPF record (like cloudflare does) and returns a COMPLETE, accurate new SPF record.

No big deal, but helpful for us less brainy clients!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the sending IP Address to the logs

When in the Domain Logs part of the website you can view the details of the email that you sent. What is missing from this is which IP was used to send it out. This is especially important when warming up a dedicated IP address. In the scenario where you have 1 shared and 1 dedicated IP on a domain you want to see which of the IPs is having success and which isn't

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Routes

It would be nice to be able to set auto notifications on certain metrics. For example, if we have X route creation in our package it would be nice to get notified before the system throws an exception due to too many routes. In general, a sort of nagios for mail based issues that will arrive if usage doesn't change or maintenance done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Whitelist recipient domains for non-production accounts

Add a whitelist feature to limit which email domains a credential acct can send to emails. For example, a cloud app sending out as no-reply@mymailgun.com.au must only be able to send emails to the @testing.com.au and @testing.nsw.gov.au domains. If it tries to send email to @hotmail.com, it will be not be successful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. markdown

I use Notion.so to create blog posts in markdown, and we're incredibly productive with this workflow! I'd like to be able to create email messages and templates using markdown, and have mailgun translate those to html. Ideally, this should be supported in the API and in the UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Discounted prices for educational institution

Our educational institution wants to know if they have special prices for colleges and universities.
    we are interested in the Production Plan 100k Plan
    $ 79.00 / m.
    We appreciate your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the domain selector incremental search to search any part of the domain name

I'm often searching for emails in the Logs pane, and have to select the correct domain to delimit my searches to. That's perfectly fine, but currently the incremental search only seems to match from the beginning of the domain name.

Allowing the incremental search to match on any (continuous) part of the domain name would allow me to search faster, since I only have to know part of the name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Main Account with Subaccount Access

A true main account through Mailgun that has sub-accounts accessible from it, without multiple logins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Throttling adjustment on Mailgun side

The ability to adjust the automatic throttling for blacklisted domains (like yahoo) on our side rather than just having it done on the recipient side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customer’s Email Life Cycle

Customer’s email life cycle - what emails they’re getting, what they engaged with, and some type of visual of the emails the user received. Meaning, they want to be able to search for a user (someone@domain.com) and be able to view all (recent) messages sent to them and their engagement - like a contact profile for the customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. API Call Limit Increase

Increase the number of API calls accepted/processed at one time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A way to identify attached vs embedded images in incoming mail.

In incoming mails all the files - embedded or attached - come in one big bunch.
    It's also impossible to re-build the HTML, because the identifiers aren't there.

If there was an extra array passed on with the request, containing file names with their original identifiers, this would become possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Offer Better Testability

Setting up a mock to test calls made to Mailgun is certainly the traditional approach, but that does not prove that one has integrated properly with Mailgun, or that some subtle functionality has changed that one is not properly handling.

The better approach is for Mailgun to provide a developer-friendly method for automated integration testing. That could be in the form of either having additional data in the response from Mailgun's API while in test mode, or it could be to provide a built-in offering to pull the message back through the API that was just sent, along with any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Authorised Recipients include gmail "+" trick

I wish to have all email coming into a single gmail account (the account I registered with)

e.g. Authorised Recipients of name@gmail.com will cover me for using the "+" trick... so for name+test@gmail.com or name+anothertest@gmail.com or name+stilltest@gmail.com etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [API] Ability to fetch recent changes to the contact list

At PieSync we would love to offer a two-way contact sync between mailgun and all our other contact apps (you can find the list of currently supported apps on https://www.piesync.com/connections/).

However currently we can't do this, because the API does not deliver us an efficient way to get recent changes to the contact list (recently created and updated contacts). If the API would add one of the below 3 methods, we would be able to do so:
    1. Fetch contacts updated after given time (filter the contact list by updated time).
    2. Fetch contacts sorted descending by updated time…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base