Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suppression Strike System

Less aggressive suppression.

We had a whole lot of email addresses marked as bad because we tried sending emails during the cloudflare outage last week (https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-outage-on-july-17-2020/). These were automated reports that didn't go to management all weekend because the email addresses were blocked.

I suggest adding a strike feature - maybe if an email fails 3 times for certain reasons (mx records for example) then it's suppressed. Otherwise you end up with issues like this where I have to explain to my bosses why the reports didn't go out and it makes them question why we're using mailgun…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The fact that addresses were being suppressed for events where MX records don’t exist was due to a bug in our suppression logic. We’ve since fixed this bug and you should no longer see addresses suppressed due to missing MX records (this would be a soft bounce).

Given this information, I’m curious if this solves your concern?

2. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey y’all,

I hear you on the frustrations here. Unfortunately just about everything account related is tied back to user who created the account and their email address, which is currently a unique mapping across Mailgun, so it’ll take a bit of work to allow this functionality.

Until we’re able get this implemented, the workaround I use is plus addressing. For example, cfarmer+account1@mailgun.com and cfarmer+account2@mailgun.com allows me to essentially create multiple accounts using the same email (activation and notification emails will be delivered to cfarmer@mailgun.com). The majority of the major Mailbox Providers (Gmail and MSFT included) support this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base