Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A cheaper option for inbound-only users

I would like to request that Mailgun offers an inexpensive plan for non-senders.

Specifically, myself and many others love using Mailgun exclusively as a mail routing/forwarding service for their domain(s). Mailgun's implementation of this is brilliant, but unfortunately I cannot justify upgrading to the $35/month plan for this feature only: I send zero emails out per month via Mailgun, which obviously is far less than what Foundation 50k allocates!

May I suggest the following new plan: "Inbound Only". It would be the same as Foundation 50k except:
    * Zero outbound emails per month (instead, billed on flex pay-as-you-go model)

I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple API Keys

Option to have multiple API keys, for example: client 1 has the API key exposed, we now have to roll this key, and update all clients using it.

Whereas, if we had multiple keys, we'd only need to roll and update that one client using the key.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Per-link analytics for click tracking

Being able to track opens and clicks and consume that data via the Analytics dashboard is awesome. However, most emails that we send out contain multiple links - e.g. for account activation, homepage, featured blog post, social links, etc.

I would like to be able to have analytics on a per-link basis. Mailchimp allows this, see https://i.imgur.com/2iIocrv.png.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flex plan needs Validation service access again

I didn't mind so much that you removed the free tier even though that's why I tried and have used mailgun over past years. Flex plan removing the pay as you go validation service is a dealbreaker for me though and now has me exploring Sendgrid, Amazon SES and on-premise solutions for replacing this feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Click bounces to see bounces

Let me click on the bounces to drill in and see which domains are bouncing my emails. As it is, if an email isn't received by a recipient who expected it, there's no way for me to do anything but see something was dropped.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default View for Logs

On the Sending > Logs page, the default fields are consistently reset regardless of what changes you make. My team does not need to see the defaults, and must change these settings every time they load a new page. Please make an option for those choices to be sticky, or to allow users to set default values for their shown fields on the Logs page

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase maximum Authorized Recipients for Sandbox Domains

Increase the max number of authorized recipients allowed to 10 or 20 when using a sandbox domain.

We have a large team (~20 devs) that uses the sandbox domains for testing, and it's difficult to have to swap out users every time. Sometimes they all need the ability to test in parallel. Increasing the max number of authorized recipients to 20 would alleviate our issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to describe IP Whiltelist entry

Currently, when you add an IP to the IP Whitelist, there isn't a way to add a description. The result is just a list of IPs. It would be great to add a description to an IP (for example: "Azure functions") so that we know what IPs are there and why.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change domain name after creation

Please allow us to change the domain name after creation to avoid adding a new one and going through the whole process of fixing our records again!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Chinese characters not rendered properly in Log Quick View

Chinese characters not rendered correctly in Log Quick View.

In Quick View, the content of mail sent is rendered directly for us to view which is very convenient. However, Chinese characters (and supposedly other Unicode characters) are not rendered correctly but as squire boxes.

Looks like a font selection issue when rendering mail snapshot in mailgun's backend server.

It would be much more helpful for people using Unicode characters like Japanese/Chinese/Korean...etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Status

You should have a table similar to the log table but with a mail record per line. The number of records on the table will equal total mail sent and you can see the last known status of the mail there.

This will help alot when you want to know the current status of the mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not possible to change email address in User details?

The email address at our company account is josef.vinduska@beck.cz - who no longer works here, so I'd like to replace it with mine: michal.koci@beck.cz - it does not seem to be possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Heat map

A heat map provides a visual representation of how a reader checks out email.

Heat maps provide a colored overlay of the content with spots that indicate where readers click. The red spots in the heat map show where reader spent most of the time or made a click and are called “hot spots.” Areas that are void of color are considered “cold spots.”

Heat maps provide valuable information to businesses. Here are a few things you can learn from a heat map:

Reader behavior
    A heat map shows you how readers view your website or email. Using this information…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding clipboard(copy) icon to each domain

I think there is a need to make copying the domain a lot easier by adding a copy functionality(like click board icon) to that page. Most newbies just get the URL instead of the domain itself. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Log filter persist

it would be awesome if my search query on the logs screen would persist. Such that I don't have to enter it everytime I return to the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. IP Whitelist usage very unclear

Please explain the IP Whitelist feature. Not clear how it should be used. Just our server's IP? Documentation is very unclear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to remove sandbox domain

How can I delete the sandbox domain you gave me? There is really no use for it, and the idea it comes as a default value for any analytics or log data is pretty frustrating from a user experience view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Send Time Optimization support for batched sending

Currently, Send Time Optimization is only supported for emails sent to a single recipient. This makes the feature essentially unusable to us due to volume. We would like to see STO support for batched sending.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please, integrate Handlebars custom helpers feature with template

So, it would be very helpful if we have a possibility to use Handlebars custom helpers feature in templates, because of existing built-in Handlebars helpers can not cover all the cases for rendering hard structured data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base