Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
    In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide option to send Non-Delivery Reports to the original Sender

Mailgun bounce processing works great when a single sender is sending email to a broad audience. It does not work well when there are many original senders each with their own list of contacts.

Scenario:
    - Company with 10 to 1000 employees.
    - Company switches from a traditional in-house mail solution to Mailgun for all outgoing email.
    - John, a typical employee in the organization, sends email to a customer, but spells the address wrong.

Traditional in-house system behaviour:
    - John would get a Non-Delivery Report letting him know of his mistake. John would fix his mistake, and re-send the…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forwarding of auto-responses sent to the return-path

Delayed bounce messages sent to the return path are correctly processed by Mailgun (if the MX records are set).

But other kind of messages sent the return path address, like vacation or out of office auto-responses are simply ignored and dropped.

It would be great to be notified when an auto-response is sent to the return path address, by forwarding and/or using a webhook.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. export the logs summary or log detail in a text, csv or xls file

Add a feature to export the logs summary or log detail in a text, csv or xls file by clicking an export button

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  suzzell responded

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting and supporting this feature improvement!

A new and improved Control Panel is in the works and we’re looking to add a button to export logs from within your web browser. For now our development team looked into this and offered a solution to export logs via our API. You can read more about the solution here: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-export.html#exports

Thanks again for this suggestion and patience as we work on improving our product for you!

-The MG Team

5. Option to change phone number attached to the account

This would be great since I have just one phone number and I can't dissociate my main phone number from an old account and put it on a new one.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. URLs for Attachments

Cloud services like filepicker.io make it really easy to handle file uploads, they handle the upload to S3 and simply give you a url. However, if I want to attach this file to a mailgun message, I need to download it to my server, create the multipart mime message, and then send it to mailgun. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just provide a list of urls, and mailgun would fetch these and add them to the message as attachments?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include List-Unsubscribe headers in DKIM and DomainKey signatures

I'm sending mails through mailgun.com via STMP and I add "List-Unsubscribe" headers to my emails prviding unsubscribe-email and -url (where appropriate).

As these headers (email and url List-Unsubscribe) are not included in the DKIM or DomainKey signatures, they are ignored by some mail services ...e.g. Gmail. :-(

Please include the provided List-Unsubscribe (and possibly other already existing) headers in the DKIM- and DomainKey signatues or provide an option to define which headers should be included. => X-Mailgun-Include-In-Signature header

Thanx!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enhance DMARC By Adding the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol

Mailgun should enhance their mail engine MTA to use the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) protocol with all inbound and forwarded messages that go through Mailgun.

There are 2 situations where this will help. When evaluating inbound emails and the DMARC policy of the sending domain is checked and fails or when Mailgun receives an email sent to a mailing list that, in turn, sends the message to all mailing list members.

For both these scenarios, if a DMARC check is done and the original sending party has a policy of quarantine or reject, it is possible for these valid emails…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase the max retry time (of soft bounces at least)

In case of soft bounce it can be expected that email should go through. The current maximum retry time of 8 hours is too short if there is lots of email sent. Retry time doesn't scale well in case if most email sending is done during the office hours. Morning emails might be dropped before the less trafic nightly hours. Below is an ESP throttling response from Hotmail

ESP throttling: X → Y 'Z' Server response: 421 421 RP-001 (BAY004-MC2F19) Unfortunately, some messages from IP weren't sent. Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable click tracking on specific links

It would be great to add the ability to disable click tracking only for some specific links in an email.

In know that you can disable click tracking for all links in an email, but I couldn't find anything about doing it only for a specific link.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set up email addresses for simulating various outcomes

It would be really useful if I could simulate certain delivery outcomes in mailgun by using some special/reserved email addresses you've implemented.

For example, I'd like to be able to specify something like "bounce@test.mailgun.com" as a recipient, and have mailgun instantly treat the message as a bounce and notify my webhook.

Some of your competitors provide this functionality to their customers, e.g. http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/mailbox-simulator.html

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support SAML SSO

Support SAML SSO as well as oAuth or OpenID

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow system-enforced BCC by domain

Provide a mechanism to BCC or forward a copy of every message to a mail archival service (smtp address). This might be applied as a ROUTE rule or a separate facility.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Force delivery address to aid development (per-domain)

When developing, I want to capture all emails - and have peace of mind that no one can possibly be spammed.

Some web frameworks allow you to force the delivery address for emails sent in dev mode; this is very useful (particularly when debugging problems on a live dataset) to ensure no one is spammed.

However to be really confident we need to do it server-wide. it's possible to do this via exim/postfix, but our devs aren't exim/postfix gurus and we've found it error prone (even with templates/docs)

Being able to plug in a Mailgun domain's SMTP details and know…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. where to find the smtp password in new ui?

where to find the smtp password in new ui?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support user generated DKIM keys for strict DMARC alignment

dmarc.org[1] lays out several strategies for integration with third party senders; your current implementation allows option 1.1, which means that you can use a subdomain (e.g. mx.example.com) to send mail from @example.com and pass DMARC with relaxed alignment.

However if the organisation wants to use strict alignment this will fail (mx.example.com matches example.com in relaxed alignment, but fails in strict alignment). Option 1.2 would allow this by having your customers generate a private DKIM key for example.com and providing it to you so that you can generate DKIM signature for example.com with it when sending from mx.example.com.

[1] https://dmarc.org/wiki/FAQ#My_organization_uses_third-parties_senders.2C_how_can_I_get_them_DMARC_compliant.3F

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Messages can be scheduled for a maximum of 7 days in the future.

Messages can be scheduled for a maximum of 7 days in the future instead of 3.

If it's due to spam perhaps you can get people to verify their bank account etc.

The reason why this would be good is because i plan my release of products every weekend. The items will be released daily and so can my email be sent daily automatically. Well i mean it's easier for me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change DKIM selector using the API

I'd like to set DKIM Selector for a domain using the API

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Mailing List Access Level List of Permitted Senders

Change the access level of a mailing list not only to be limited to "members", "everyone", and "read-only" to also include an option for allowing a list of addresses for a particular list or domain. Updating the list of permitted Addresses should have a similar API access as editing mailing lists. This allows specific people to send to lists they are not on, but also restricts unwanted senders.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base