Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inbox placement for EU domain

Hello.
    Please enable Inbox Placement test for EU domains.
    Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A cheaper option for inbound-only users

I would like to request that Mailgun offers an inexpensive plan for non-senders.

Specifically, myself and many others love using Mailgun exclusively as a mail routing/forwarding service for their domain(s). Mailgun's implementation of this is brilliant, but unfortunately I cannot justify upgrading to the $35/month plan for this feature only: I send zero emails out per month via Mailgun, which obviously is far less than what Foundation 50k allocates!

May I suggest the following new plan: "Inbound Only". It would be the same as Foundation 50k except:
    * Zero outbound emails per month (instead, billed on flex pay-as-you-go model)

I…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. links

Enable that links are not rewritten when using click/open tracking and maintain the original link from the html template sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Per-link analytics for click tracking

Being able to track opens and clicks and consume that data via the Analytics dashboard is awesome. However, most emails that we send out contain multiple links - e.g. for account activation, homepage, featured blog post, social links, etc.

I would like to be able to have analytics on a per-link basis. Mailchimp allows this, see https://i.imgur.com/2iIocrv.png.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cancel Individual Queues via EndPoint

Currently it is the whole queue for a domain that can be deleted. This could affect other users of an application who do not wish to cancel their queue(s). I'm suggesting an endpoint to delete individual queues. So when an email is sent as a batch an ID is returned which could be used to cancel a batch email. This would make it easier for both the developers and the users of the developed application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. admin user role with no billing access

We have the need for an admin user role who is not the account owner to not be able to access billing information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple API Keys

Option to have multiple API keys, for example: client 1 has the API key exposed, we now have to roll this key, and update all clients using it.

Whereas, if we had multiple keys, we'd only need to roll and update that one client using the key.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manually retry a webhook call

When a webhook call fails for any reason, we have to wait until it retries to see if our server changes are working or not.

If we could manually trigger a retry for a webhook, then debugging would be way simpler for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Flex plan needs Validation service access again

I didn't mind so much that you removed the free tier even though that's why I tried and have used mailgun over past years. Flex plan removing the pay as you go validation service is a dealbreaker for me though and now has me exploring Sendgrid, Amazon SES and on-premise solutions for replacing this feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Template preview with custom JSON data applied

When creating templates, having the ability to enter our own custom test JSON data to apply against the preview would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. unusual activity email alert

Please implement an alert feature, so that I can see if an exceptional number of emails are being sen, as this indicates something is wrong, but I doesn't stop authentic emails going out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Click bounces to see bounces

Let me click on the bounces to drill in and see which domains are bouncing my emails. As it is, if an email isn't received by a recipient who expected it, there's no way for me to do anything but see something was dropped.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. print view of the verify domain is broken at the bottom

print/save layout for instructions to verify the domain is broken at the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default View for Logs

On the Sending > Logs page, the default fields are consistently reset regardless of what changes you make. My team does not need to see the defaults, and must change these settings every time they load a new page. Please make an option for those choices to be sticky, or to allow users to set default values for their shown fields on the Logs page

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for Shorter SMTP Credentials

t is important to us as a customer to be able to edit our SMTP credentials. Our system is limited to a password character max of 8 characters. I respect you security effort in generating a very long password but, this will not work for us. Please pass this on to those who need to know. Thank you so much for your consideration is this matter.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically warm up new domains

Mailgun should have the option to automatically warm up a domain if needed,
    similar to what you have for dedicated IP warm up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please, integrate Handlebars custom helpers feature with template

So, it would be very helpful if we have a possibility to use Handlebars custom helpers feature in templates, because of existing built-in Handlebars helpers can not cover all the cases for rendering hard structured data

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase maximum Authorized Recipients for Sandbox Domains

Increase the max number of authorized recipients allowed to 10 or 20 when using a sandbox domain.

We have a large team (~20 devs) that uses the sandbox domains for testing, and it's difficult to have to swap out users every time. Sometimes they all need the ability to test in parallel. Increasing the max number of authorized recipients to 20 would alleviate our issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ability to describe IP Whiltelist entry

Currently, when you add an IP to the IP Whitelist, there isn't a way to add a description. The result is just a list of IPs. It would be great to add a description to an IP (for example: "Azure functions") so that we know what IPs are there and why.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base