Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Per-link analytics for click tracking

Being able to track opens and clicks and consume that data via the Analytics dashboard is awesome. However, most emails that we send out contain multiple links - e.g. for account activation, homepage, featured blog post, social links, etc.

I would like to be able to have analytics on a per-link basis. Mailchimp allows this, see https://i.imgur.com/2iIocrv.png.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple API Keys

Option to have multiple API keys, for example: client 1 has the API key exposed, we now have to roll this key, and update all clients using it.

Whereas, if we had multiple keys, we'd only need to roll and update that one client using the key.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download Log

Where is the download Log feature located??

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable HTTPS on eu.mailgun.org

Hi! Please enable HTTPS on eu.mailgun.org because I can't configure Tracking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the new UI mobile responsive

The new design looks nice but not mobile friendly. I had difficulty navigating around while on my iPhone XS.

The reason I had to use mobile was to check the logs to see if an email was sent out or not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Count & Paginate Numbers

I really like the new UI. One request!! Could you please return the count of the number of results returned by the search filter. I entered a search parameter to find out how many emails were sent with that pattern. I see the results, but I need to know how many results are returned. I really need to know the count so that we can increase our user-base. Thanks!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alerts if email delivery metrics fall out of expected ranges

It would be great if there was an alert system that allowed us to send an email to someone on our team if the number of email sends for a particular domain were lower or higher than a certain range. You could also extend this to bounce rates, suppressed, etc. We have had a few issues with sending that went undetected and it would have been great to be alerted this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. vanity mx records

Add support for vanity mx records

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export failed deliveries (per domain)

Would like to be able to export all permanently failed deliveries per domain ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Template Client Preview

Looking to have the templates have a preview available for different Email Clients and Mobile devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support SAML SSO

Support SAML SSO as well as oAuth or OpenID

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quick/Easy Email Forwarding UI

For email forwarding- The current implementation works, however- it is messy.

Example, I have three addresses. sales@mydomain, support@mydomain, admin@mydomain. I would have to create three separate rules in order to forward them, even if all are intended to be forwarded to the same destination.

My feature request is to make a simplified email forwarding rule, which would allow you to quickly specify sales@mydomain, support@mydomain -> myemail@gmail, admin@mydomain -> anotheremail@gmail

The problem this would resolve- I currently have three domains pointing through mailgun, and the rules will start to get really messy with a lot of forwarding setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add tooltips for domain filters

I don't understand any of the filters in the "domains" screen, except for the filled star, which I think is removing entries I have not starred. Adding a tooltip or something would help me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a "Bulk Resend" function under LOGS

Hi MG,

We've resent 200++ worth of emails Manually through logs.
    It would be good if you could add a BULK RESEND Function or a TICK ALL Function under Sending > LOGS so that we can resend failed / rejected emails in one go or in bulk.

Having to manually resend each email is counterintuitive.

Failed: postmaster@circlesoft.netballaratbridgemall@collinsbooks.com.au 'Returns Request' Server response: 554 bne3-0003mz.server-mail.com - Connection refused 198.61.254.15 listed on SPAMCOP DNS RBL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Timeframes for analytics of campaigns

It would be really helpful if in this view I can select timeframes not just past 30 days.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alerts for interruption of service

Give how important email is to our business, we would like alerts when services through Mailgun are adversely affected, like:
    1) unable to process inbound emails or deliver routed emails
    2) unable to process outbound emails

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit manual

In docs, https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/user_manual.html#batch-sending

I believe %recipient.id% should read %recipient.unique_id%

-F text='If you wish to unsubscribe, click http://mailgun/unsubscribe/%recipient.id%';

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow abuse and postmaster routes

Allow postmaster and abuse routes. It can't be that hard to monitor them internally AND complete the routing as directed by the user. As a hosting company emails to abuse@ will be about our hosting customers and we need to pipe those emails into a ticketing system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. inbound only domains

There needs to be an option for inbound domains only that bypasses spf and dkim record checking. There is no point to setting those for domains that I don;t want mailgun to send emails from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base