Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-detection feature for affected IP-addresses

A problem with sending email with Mailgun is: many Mailgun users are using the same IP-address. When another user is sending spam, all emails from that IP-address to Hotmail/Live addresses are blocked, until Mailgun has assegned a new IP-address after a couple of hours (when I create a ticket).

My idea: an automatic affected IP-address detection. When Microsoft returns an error "bad IP reputation", then automatically assign a new IP address and resend the failed emails.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Turn of CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot for Those with 2FA

Hi Guys:

I have 2-factor switched on with you... super-hi secure. I don't even allow the texting version - Google Authenticator only, so my Mailgun account is really very secure.

However, for the best of reasons, you've implemented the CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot step where one has to recognize cars, mountains, traffic lights etc... BEFORE the 2-step. It's an annoying extra step that no other site requires for folks with 2FA enabled.

Can you please get rid of it for those of us who've already done the secure thing and switched on 2-step please?

Happy Holidays...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SIngle SMTP Sign-In for multiple domains

We run a platform that sends mail from 50+ different domains. With a former provider, we had a one-stop SMTP authorization and a per-domain signature configuration (DKIM, SPF, etc.). Now, we need to code around this and figure out what credentials to use for which sending domain. I know it is still possible to send on behalf of another domain, but then outgoing e-mails won't be properly signed with DKIM.

The same goes for the reporting, as I gather from other user's comments. A single point of entry to download information for all domains would be more practical than build…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unsubscribe templates design

The two unsubscribe templates (the one that asks you for confirmation and the one with the ok message) have such very basic styling that makes this feature almost unusable. Just using the same styles as in your main site (fonts, colors) would give a much better impression.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do not silently drop nameless attachments over HTTP API

We're currently switching our email sending from SMTP to the HTTP API and noticed that some attachments were being silently dropped.
    The main problem seems to be twofold:
    1) the HTTP API requires non-ASCII filenames to be encoded using the "newish" RFC 7578 and simply ignores filenames encoded using the older RFC 2231.
    2) attachments sent without filenames (or whose filenames were ignored because of #1) are simply dropped without warning, causing broken content to be sent.

Some more technical info can be found in this github issue: https://github.com/anymail/django-anymail/issues/125 (including examples of how to replicate)

Ideally, we'd expect mailgun to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to disable logs for specific domain

This use case involves adding a private domain (its my family na.me). I would love to use mailgun for simple forwarding of first@na.me for various family members without the ability to snoop their messages.

If there were an option to at least disable content logging for this specific domain, I would happily use mailgung for that purpose.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Email validation function for the new EU region

It is possible please to have the same email validation function in the new EU region, as already existing in the US region, thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. implement SRS for forward()

in your routing, I wonder if you might be able to implement SRS on the forward() function? Perhaps forward("someone@example.com", "SRS") or some such? (Forwarded mails fail SPF at the destination without SRS).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add # of Pages to API Events

The "paging" array in the events API should show the total number of results and the number of pages so you can iterate through multiple pages easily, knowing exactly where you are in the pagination. The current version of the API shows no count so you have to paginate through the results blindly. Not ideal and impossible to mitigate performance issues when handling many pages of results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a Date Range Filter on the Analytics Page

Currently, we are only able to filter information on the "Analytics" page by day. It would be very beneficial to be able to filter by a date range for our data under the analytics page in a similar fashion to how the "Reporting" filter works (30, 60, 90, or custom day range).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The (subscribed) sender of a mailing list should also receive his own sent mail

The (subscribed) sender of a email (to a mailgun mailing list) will not receive his own email, when he writes to a list. This is a very confusing behaviour for most of the users and it will result in countless misuses: The users will try to send their email over and over again, because they think that their email didn't get through the mail system.
    I have never seen and never used a mailing list service that behaved in this way. Googlegroups, Yahoogroups, Domeus, whatever... you always get back your own email. Furthermore, this behaviour is not mentioned in the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use https protocol instead http in tracking url

Now we have troubles with removing our domain from blacklist because of using non-secure protocol in tracking pixel: http:email.ourdomain.com/bla-bla-bla. Your system doesn't provide ability to use https now, but it would be very useful to provide it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide view only accounts

We identified a clear need to set up some view only accounts for our developers to enable them to interrogate data and review potential issues in Mailgun.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a login audit log

Enable users to check the login history of their accounts/sub accounts. It's just good security, I imagine you must log this internally, just expose a limited subset of it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Randomize timing of bounce retries to reduce multiple bounces.

If I attempt to send 100 emails to users at a single host and am rate-limited by the recipient's e-mail host, the mailgun system attempts to resend those e-mails after 10 minutes. The result is that the same 100 emails all retry at the exact same time and nearly all of them bounce again. Subsequent retries with longer delays will continue to bounce as they all attempt at once.

If retries were randomized between 5-15 minutes, deliverability in this scenario would be substantially improved with minor development effort.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stats for multiple domains

We run a lot of domains (for inbound forwarding) and want to gather daily stats. The only way to do this is to make multiple API calls , 900+ each time. Can we get stats for multiple/all domains at once?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi MailGun Team. I suggest you create a new function to let customer can limit the email send out for each domain monthly. Thanks!

Hi MailGun Team. I suggest you create a new function to let customer can limit the email send out for each domain monthly. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Monitor delivery rates by recipient domain (ESP)

While some of the existing charts/reports on the dashboard are useful, I would really like to know about delivery rates / failures by the domain we are sending to (or ideally ESP... i.e. hotmail/msn centurytel/centurylink/embarmail).

I usually end up hearing about a block or other delivery issue from our users. Short of pulling data over the API and parsing it myself I know of no way to accomplish monitoring this currently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to see the contents of mail log

I want to see the contents of the email log, I find it convenient if viewing the contents of the email was sent
    Thanks you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notify account holder when reaching max routes limit

The maximum limit for routes is 5,000. Currently Mailgun does not notify you when you're close to the limit. This is especially risky if you create lots of routes programmatically via the Routes API.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base