Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Randomize timing of bounce retries to reduce multiple bounces.

If I attempt to send 100 emails to users at a single host and am rate-limited by the recipient's e-mail host, the mailgun system attempts to resend those e-mails after 10 minutes. The result is that the same 100 emails all retry at the exact same time and nearly all of them bounce again. Subsequent retries with longer delays will continue to bounce as they all attempt at once.

If retries were randomized between 5-15 minutes, deliverability in this scenario would be substantially improved with minor development effort.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error, fail, bounce and reply mails back to sender (application)

Bounce mails dont came back to senders e-mail account, tracking is impossible without API. Routed e-mails need reply information, feature will make Mailgun perfect.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Monitor delivery rates by recipient domain (ESP)

While some of the existing charts/reports on the dashboard are useful, I would really like to know about delivery rates / failures by the domain we are sending to (or ideally ESP... i.e. hotmail/msn centurytel/centurylink/embarmail).

I usually end up hearing about a block or other delivery issue from our users. Short of pulling data over the API and parsing it myself I know of no way to accomplish monitoring this currently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to see the contents of mail log

I want to see the contents of the email log, I find it convenient if viewing the contents of the email was sent
    Thanks you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to control which fields are sent when using Routes, and then allow the inbound message to be forwarded from Mailgun servers...

Usecase for this is: I'm using Routes to receive inbound mail to a certain domain. And I want to write some code to make decisions on whether to forward that inbound mail on to another email inbox or maybe just discard it. Currently, my only choice to implement a system like this is to have the entire email, with attachments, posted to my web hook, and then I pull out every part of the mail, plus attachments (storing them locally), and if I want to forward on the email, I have to reassemble the message, (with attachments :)) and then…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notify account holder when reaching max routes limit

The maximum limit for routes is 5,000. Currently Mailgun does not notify you when you're close to the limit. This is especially risky if you create lots of routes programmatically via the Routes API.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the ability to set a daily or hourly cap on outgoing messages

This would be a useful safety feature in the event that something goes wrong in user code that is pushing messages thru mailgun.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add segmenting options to the list sending API to make it easier to send to a portion of the list

Add some options to segment list sending, or create temporary lists based on number of list members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a throttling to allow for list sending to be sent over longer time period

When sending out to a large list, a user may sometimes wish to throttle the sends over a time period to avoid having too many responses or heavy web traffic all hitting at once.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a "Spam Probability" API

There should be an endpoint where you can submit the MIME of a message and get a spam probability score to determine deliverability.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto-detection feature for affected IP-addresses

A problem with sending email with Mailgun is: many Mailgun users are using the same IP-address. When another user is sending spam, all emails from that IP-address to Hotmail/Live addresses are blocked, until Mailgun has assegned a new IP-address after a couple of hours (when I create a ticket).

My idea: an automatic affected IP-address detection. When Microsoft returns an error "bad IP reputation", then automatically assign a new IP address and resend the failed emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sanitize and/or parse addresses in headers for incoming email

Standard email headers such as FROM, CC, TO, SENDER, etc. contain email addresses, groups, or lists of addresses as described in RFC 5322.

Mailgun currently passes on the (transcoded) data as it is received, including any errors that buggy MUAs or ESPs may send. Moreover, most libraries only do very strict parsing; This forces developers to implement lenient parsing themselves to ensure all incoming email is accepted.

Mailgun could sanitize these fields in a way that we can really trust the headers and use a strict parser on them. That would be a big plus.

It would even BETTER if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter get tags by multiple filters

Hello guys,

I think we need a new features when we take the tags statistics, now we can set multiple tags for a message but we take the statistics only for one.

We need to can take statistics for 2 or 3 tags concatenated per message because, for example if I want to see how many clicked have a user for a specific marketing message I can't do this.

I can do a difference between stats, because I used the specific marketing email for many users and I used the specific user tag for multiple marketing tags.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. IP Whitelisting for account login - to help agencies who work with many clients

Logging into multiple client accounts seems to cause us to start getting one-time code prompts frequently, making it very difficult to work with them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unsubscribe templates design

The two unsubscribe templates (the one that asks you for confirmation and the one with the ok message) have such very basic styling that makes this feature almost unusable. Just using the same styles as in your main site (fonts, colors) would give a much better impression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. wordpress

I'd love to see a WordPress plugin that would allow control of settings and show reporting while allowing the site to use Mailgun to send emails from it's domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. more tags

Have more than 3 tags. due to no and operator for tag filtering users are being forced to create combo tags such as appname-location but doing this easily runs into the tag limit of 3 can this limit be increased to something more reasonable minimum 10?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enforce domain specific credentials

Currently I'm able to send e-mails from one domain using another domains SMTP credentials. It would enhance security to enforce that credentials are needed for the specific sending domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fully support non-ascii characters when attaching filenames

Currently mailgun API does not officially support non-ascii characters in filename attachments. There are workarounds but it would be nice if it was supported natively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Limit monthly email quantities per SMTP Credential, per domain

I would like you to add a limit on the amount of messages that can be processed per month, for individual "SMTP Credential", for a given domain.

E.g. a domain "mydomain.com" has 3 SMTP Credentials: admin@mydomain.com, secretary@mydomain.com, and guest@mydomain.com

I would like to be able to specify how many monthly emails a specific SMTP Credential can send: admin@mydomain.com = unlimited, secretary@mydomain.com = 10,000, guest@mydomain.com = 1,000 emails per month.

Please add this feature.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base