Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2FA login form should have autocomplete turned off

The 2FA form should have autocomplete disabled (cf. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Securing_your_site/Turning_off_form_autocompletion) As it is, the browser remembers and offers to autocomplete every previous 2FA code you've ever used, which is messy and unhelpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twig templating support instead of handlebars

Please support Twig (or Liquid) templating instead of handlebars so there is more flexibility in the templates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Credit Card Date Only

When a credit card is about to expire, make it easy to simply update the expiry date instead of reentering all the information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Domain list in Logs is cumbersome

I find the Domain drop-down list at the top cumbersome, we have a number of domains and I often have to track emails that may not have reached recipients in the Logs. I have to keep clicking 'Domain' then click the 'See Full Domain List', View All (or page through), click the domain then click back to Logs, it's more steps than I had to do previously and it grates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Zapier Integration - Add Routes

Add the ability to create/edit/delete Routes in Mailgun via Zapier.

I would like Zapier to create a client friendly email route of ClientX@mycompany.com in Mailgun and forward any inbound emails to 123xyz@basecamp.com, a randomly generated and long email address that's unique for each Basecamp project.

This will save a lot of time when setting up new client accounts, rather than configuring the Route manually. I'm sure that there are hundreds of other uses for making Routes accessible via Zapier as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember me on login

I would like an option to "Remember me" when logging in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save the openers and clickers to send them new emails

the possibility to save the users who have opened their mail on the mailgun platform.
    So far i can see is it only possible to built an email list by uploading it via CSV. But i was hoping we can create something automatically?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Account deletion without any further confirmation

Anyone logged in with admin rights can delete Mailgun account immediately without any option for recovery. We just lost our development account.

Yes, secure password and MFA may partially prevent it, but it is still a huge risk, even if someone deletes wrong account by accident for example.

Another level of confirmation, preferably through email link or something, should be added to address this risk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Groups email actions

Hi team,

Thanks for providing mailgun for free.

Wanted to make a small feature request.

in the Logs view can the activity for each recipient be grouped to that email address and then admin can click on the address to expand and view all actions from the recipient?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Supression by an email domain

Blacklist an entire email domain so if we send emails to any recipient in this domain they won't get that email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Word wrap in template editor on the website

The editor on the website doesn't have word wrap on, so for long lines of code, you have to scroll horizontally. Better would be to give an toggle option or have word wrap on by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make test data on web, editable

Is it not possible to edit the test data variables. One of my variable stores an image url so I wanted to test that. But the random data generated by mailgun in some text so it doesnt work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Accept Language in Click event

Will Accept-Language Header in client-info section when user click?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Route hit count

I would like to see a hit count for each route. For example if a route is matched 20 times, I would like to see that and pull that data via API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add new mailing list type: "members-anon" to allow membership without revealing member email addresses

I'd like to be able to create mailing lists, where all the members participate without revealing their email addresses.

So you'd email the mailing list address, and when the list's members receive your email, the From and Reply-To email headers have the list's email address, and not your personal email address.

I imagine this could be done with the addition of a new type of mailing list, perhaps called "members-anon" to indicate that it is still a members only list, but that the members can participate anonymously.

There's an interesting expression : "if you want to see a person's true…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add inbound SMTP relay

My ISP is blocking port 25 hence I am unable to receive e-mail on my personal Mail Server. I would like to have inbound SMTP relay functionality that would receive e-mails on behalf of my domain and forward it to my Mail Server on a specific port, say 2525.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. fix CSS on page navigation in logs

previous and next buttons at bottom have bad mouse over- do a very specific search and you'll see that while they aren't needed, the previous/next page buttons are there (I'd hide them) and they have no mouseover (cursor remains default) which is fine - but white space between them is getting a pointer cursor. Need to hire some UX people to check these things and your CSS. I'm still not happy with this redesign - wish you left it alone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. redo calendar picker

The calendar on the logs page - the date selection is kind of dumb... sure I can't pick more than 30 days ago but why doesn't the code just pick it for me if i pick 40 days ago... instead I have to hunt around to figure out where 30 days is...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please make Dashboard work in Edge browser

The Dashboard only displays properly in the Chrome browser.

The Dashboard does not display in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. The screen comes up blank, in an all grey color.

I tried on four different machines, in the following browsers:
    Microsoft Edge 44.18362.1.0
    Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0
    Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
    Internet Explorer 11 ver 11.239.18362.0

I did not try in Firefox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Route by attachments / size

Currently - it seems to be impossible to route based on attachments.

Presumably mailgun could solve this in two ways:

1) Allow routing by existence / size of attachments in Route creation. My understanding this is missing from email headers in some circumstances, so would need to be a custom flag.

2) Allow users to create a webhook which can respond with a routing address. Much like the current webhooks, but the response can be an email address which controls the route.

I believe (2) would solve many issues currently outstanding in the feature requests, and is much more flexible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base