Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set default fields when viewing logs

Hi there! I'm very glad to see the status added back to the logs page—that's super helpful! I do wish there were a way to save the settings from the "manage fields" dropdown. For example, I almost never need to see the sender (assuming that it's almost always us whose sending it) but the subject line is important. It would be radical to not have to reconfigure the view every time I come to logs. Or is there some way to set those defaults that I'm missing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize Logs View

It would be great to customize the dashboard/logs area so it always loads what I want. I always hide certain fields and also the cart at top of the logs. But it's annoying to have to redo that each time I login.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add /{domain}/bounces/count api

We use your API a ton, but it would be a whole lot more efficient to monitor the suppressions by hitting an endpoint that would give us the per-domain count of addresses currently in the suppression list so we can alert our clients to get cracking on data hygiene. We'd rather not pull all the data down just to make that happen - a count would be very helpful and very efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Mailgun message-id in html.

Is it possible to add something to the email text/body that mailgun will replace with the mailgun generated message-id when sending? We have a request to include it in the body of the email visible to the users directly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. error in send a sample POST

The "Send a sample POST" doesn't work in the EU region. An error is returned in the console.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. tags

Add the ability to set multiple tags either of the following manners via SMTP:

X-Mailgun-Tag= Tag1 DELIMITER Tag2 DELIMITER Tag3 -or-

X-Mailgun-TagA= Tag1
    X-Mailgun-TagB= Tag2
    X-Mailgun-TagC= Tag3

My sending software overwrites X-Mailgun-Tag with each subsequent call so I only get the last set Tag value in the mail message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Login form with login and password shown at the same time

Please, update the login page so that I can use my password manager to fill both login and password at the same time. The way it is now, I have to tell the password manager to fill the login, click ok, tell the password manager to fill the password, click ok.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email Validation: Error messages that don't make sense

https://app.mailgun.com/app/email_validations

The file format seems to be correct, but I just get Error with no additional information as to what might be a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Documentation

Hey! So I just got my domains validated and I tried to use them to send some emails. I tried exactly the same than when I was using the SandBox domain (I even went to the example given for NodeJS), but it didn't quite work. From the example code I was getting an error like "could not find domain", or something like that. The solution was (found at StackOverflow) to add one more field to the JSON object used at construction as follows:
    const mg = mailgun({

apiKey: API_KEY,

domain: DOMAIN,
    host: "api.eu.mailgun.net" // -> Add this line

//for EU…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Template versions

I accidentally updated a wrong template. Is will be great if I can go back to a previous version of a template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DKIM version

DKIM register need v parameter for version record. Some server register this needed like a fail in DKIM verification. For us, v=DKIM1; works!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please bring back work wrap on logs page.

Hello Mail Gun,

I'd like to complain a little. The dashboard/Logs page is now truncating the info instead of wrapping the test. Although, I can hover over the data to get a popup showing the full length of the text, I lowers the usefulness of screen shots that I send to others in my company. In a screen shot, the truncated data will not have a popup and unfortunately becomes to obscure to be useful. The text wrapping was much better than truncating if you don't mind me saying so.

Thanks,
    Mike B
    United Refining Company

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Filter Outgoing Mail with Word Blacklist

It would be AWESOME if....
    We could filter outgoing mail that includes certain words. For example, any outgoing mail that contains "poker" gets deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blacklist Notification

Can Mailgun notify please us if and when we end up on any blacklists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. role address and provider for email address

I wish to be able to add a role_address such as "support" for the email address (receiving emails, mailbox). Also having show "mailgun" as the provider, instead of "unknown provider" would be good.

To better understand my idea:

{

&quot;address&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:support@example.com">support@example.com</a>&quot;,

&quot;is_disposable_address&quot;: false,

&quot;is_role_address&quot;: false, &lt;------------------- support role

&quot;reason&quot;: [

&quot;unknown_provider&quot; &lt;------------------- mailgun

],

&quot;result&quot;: &quot;deliverable&quot;,

&quot;risk&quot;: &quot;medium&quot;

}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. “There was an error loading your data, please refresh to try again.”

Sections show the error "There was an error loading your data, please refresh to try again." and in some cases the boxes show "undefined / NaN delivered" for statistics

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make log page "button" filters show rather than hide items

Many times I would like to see delivery failures on the log page. It would be much quicker to click on the "Permanent Fail" button under the log graph and only show those messages that failed. Make the buttons below the bar graph "Show" rather than "Hide". Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow custom SMTP Passwords

New interface needs to let us create our own password for smtp credentials, as not all devices allow insanely long passwords. Example, our scanner doesn't accept it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Webhook for all events (add `accepted`, `rejected`)

"accepted" "rejected" events are not available in webhooks. Adding them to webhooks would help our system track all emails not just "delivered" or "bounced" in the same way as all the other events.

"delivered" or "failed" events already fires for every email so adding "accepted" wouldn't increase the system load that much but would greatly help systems that need it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Where to see who has unsubscribed

In the old version of this app, I used to be able to see who had unsubscribed. I can't find this now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base