Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Log Filter by Event status is missing "Failed" as an event filter choice.

The "Add Filter" popup window the "Logs" form seems to be missing "Failed" as a possible event in the dropdown filter choice. I see "Failed" for one item on the first page of my log, but there seems to be no way to tell the filter to show me just items with event = "Failed". I can select "Rejected" from dropdown, but that returns zero records from the log.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Per-link analytics for click tracking

Being able to track opens and clicks and consume that data via the Analytics dashboard is awesome. However, most emails that we send out contain multiple links - e.g. for account activation, homepage, featured blog post, social links, etc.

I would like to be able to have analytics on a per-link basis. Mailchimp allows this, see https://i.imgur.com/2iIocrv.png.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mailing list search by term

It would be useful to be able to search for mailing lists by just part of the email rather than the full email only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would love to see you add open rate percentage reporting

Is it possible under sending > overview to change the opens reporting to a percentage rather than just a gross number of opens? To me, it's more meaningful to see the % of people who opened compared to the send size than just see the gross number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cancel Individual Queues via EndPoint

Currently it is the whole queue for a domain that can be deleted. This could affect other users of an application who do not wish to cancel their queue(s). I'm suggesting an endpoint to delete individual queues. So when an email is sent as a batch an ID is returned which could be used to cancel a batch email. This would make it easier for both the developers and the users of the developed application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manually retry a webhook call

When a webhook call fails for any reason, we have to wait until it retries to see if our server changes are working or not.

If we could manually trigger a retry for a webhook, then debugging would be way simpler for us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Single email validation history

Keep a history of the last "X" single validations done just in case you forgot if you just checked on a few minutes ago, or maybe yesterday...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Languages

In spanish pleace

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Overview for all sending domains at once

I want a statistics view in control panel. Once a year I will charge my customers for mail usage, and the process of finding the number of processed emails for each sending domain is tedious (switch domain, set date interval, read number, repeat for next domain).

An overview page where I can select from and too dates and then get one complete list of each domains numbers would be great!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. API Security Whitelist Added to API

https://app.mailgun.com/app/account/security/api_keys

On that page there's not a mass import tool for IP Whitelisting, and there's no API endpoint for whitelisting IPs. So if we want to add Google Cloud is there's no way to do that except manually add them. https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/cloud.json

Please add a way to attach a json/csv or add an API endpoint. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow me to retry payments

Please provide users with the ability to initiate a payment manually.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Suppression TTL

When a delivery is rejected, the address gets into the suppression list.
    Sometimes the reject is temporary, or unexplained (we had our own gmail addresses rejected with 5.1.1 for some reason, while the mailboxes were still active).
    The only way for us to solve this now, is to manually look for addresses and delete them from the suppression list.
    Also, it seems unmanageable to keep a growing list of suppressed addresses forever, even if a delivery to an address was attempted once, long long time ago.

The suggestion is to be able to set up a TTL on the suppression…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for Shorter SMTP Credentials

t is important to us as a customer to be able to edit our SMTP credentials. Our system is limited to a password character max of 8 characters. I respect you security effort in generating a very long password but, this will not work for us. Please pass this on to those who need to know. Thank you so much for your consideration is this matter.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. send emails from template

Send test emails directly from the template

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clean up overview print view

Could you please make the PDF-print of the domain overview page (the one with all the DNS RECORDS look better. It's a bit of a mess, it even includes you COVID-19 header banner now. Thanks! :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Feature to export from the Mailgun site

I would like to export data from the "Logs" screen.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BCC only sending

May I ask the talented development team to consider providing BCC only sending? I have used this feature before in other email providers and it was quite useful. With this feature, each recipient in the BCC list would receive an email as if it was sent to them individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share templates between domains

I would like to ask, whether it is possible (or at least you plan it in the future) to share mailgun templates between domains?
    We would love to have 2 separate domains for production and testing purposes, but share templates, se we do not have to duplicate them and keep different ids depending on environment from which we are sending.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Wildcard searches

Your searching and filtering options suck.

I need "like" filtering. I shouldn't have to have the exact email address, especially when trying to find a suppressed email address or just in the logs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base