What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

The (subscribed) sender of a mailing list should also receive his own sent mail

The (subscribed) sender of a email (to a mailgun mailing list) will not receive his own email, when he writes to a list. This is a very confusing behaviour for most of the users and it will result in countless misuses: The users will try to send their email over and over again, because they think that their email didn't get through the mail system.
I have never seen and never used a mailing list service that behaved in this way. Googlegroups, Yahoogroups, Domeus, whatever... you always get back your own email. Furthermore, this behaviour is not mentioned in the mailgun documentation.
This behaviour is confusing for the users, so i am begging, that it can be enabled in the mailing list options or be the standard behaviour of mailing lists.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Arvid Teichtmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. The email sender should definitely receive a copy of their mail. It is surprising and unintuitive behaviour to send a message to an email list and not see it appear.

And also, it validates that your email message was sent successfully when you see it appear back in your inbox.

Feedback and Knowledge Base