Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add # of Pages to API Events

The "paging" array in the events API should show the total number of results and the number of pages so you can iterate through multiple pages easily, knowing exactly where you are in the pagination. The current version of the API shows no count so you have to paginate through the results blindly. Not ideal and impossible to mitigate performance issues when handling many pages of results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Date Range Filter on the Analytics Page

Currently, we are only able to filter information on the "Analytics" page by day. It would be very beneficial to be able to filter by a date range for our data under the analytics page in a similar fashion to how the "Reporting" filter works (30, 60, 90, or custom day range).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The (subscribed) sender of a mailing list should also receive his own sent mail

The (subscribed) sender of a email (to a mailgun mailing list) will not receive his own email, when he writes to a list. This is a very confusing behaviour for most of the users and it will result in countless misuses: The users will try to send their email over and over again, because they think that their email didn't get through the mail system.
    I have never seen and never used a mailing list service that behaved in this way. Googlegroups, Yahoogroups, Domeus, whatever... you always get back your own email. Furthermore, this behaviour is not mentioned in the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use https protocol instead http in tracking url

Now we have troubles with removing our domain from blacklist because of using non-secure protocol in tracking pixel: http:email.ourdomain.com/bla-bla-bla. Your system doesn't provide ability to use https now, but it would be very useful to provide it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide view only accounts

We identified a clear need to set up some view only accounts for our developers to enable them to interrogate data and review potential issues in Mailgun.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Log clicks on a per link/URL basis

Log clicks so that it is viewable / searchable in the stats. An email might have different URLs and it would be useful to see what URL the user clicks on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a login audit log

Enable users to check the login history of their accounts/sub accounts. It's just good security, I imagine you must log this internally, just expose a limited subset of it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Randomize timing of bounce retries to reduce multiple bounces.

If I attempt to send 100 emails to users at a single host and am rate-limited by the recipient's e-mail host, the mailgun system attempts to resend those e-mails after 10 minutes. The result is that the same 100 emails all retry at the exact same time and nearly all of them bounce again. Subsequent retries with longer delays will continue to bounce as they all attempt at once.

If retries were randomized between 5-15 minutes, deliverability in this scenario would be substantially improved with minor development effort.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Monitor delivery rates by recipient domain (ESP)

While some of the existing charts/reports on the dashboard are useful, I would really like to know about delivery rates / failures by the domain we are sending to (or ideally ESP... i.e. hotmail/msn centurytel/centurylink/embarmail).

I usually end up hearing about a block or other delivery issue from our users. Short of pulling data over the API and parsing it myself I know of no way to accomplish monitoring this currently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to see the contents of mail log

I want to see the contents of the email log, I find it convenient if viewing the contents of the email was sent
    Thanks you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to control which fields are sent when using Routes, and then allow the inbound message to be forwarded from Mailgun servers...

Usecase for this is: I'm using Routes to receive inbound mail to a certain domain. And I want to write some code to make decisions on whether to forward that inbound mail on to another email inbox or maybe just discard it. Currently, my only choice to implement a system like this is to have the entire email, with attachments, posted to my web hook, and then I pull out every part of the mail, plus attachments (storing them locally), and if I want to forward on the email, I have to reassemble the message, (with attachments :)) and then…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notify account holder when reaching max routes limit

The maximum limit for routes is 5,000. Currently Mailgun does not notify you when you're close to the limit. This is especially risky if you create lots of routes programmatically via the Routes API.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to set a daily or hourly cap on outgoing messages

This would be a useful safety feature in the event that something goes wrong in user code that is pushing messages thru mailgun.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add segmenting options to the list sending API to make it easier to send to a portion of the list

Add some options to segment list sending, or create temporary lists based on number of list members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a throttling to allow for list sending to be sent over longer time period

When sending out to a large list, a user may sometimes wish to throttle the sends over a time period to avoid having too many responses or heavy web traffic all hitting at once.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a "Spam Probability" API

There should be an endpoint where you can submit the MIME of a message and get a spam probability score to determine deliverability.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for setting a custom SMTP password

The new control panel doesn't allow for the ability to set a password, which means if the password is accidentally reset, we can't go back and edit it and we might have a number of applications using the previous password.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the new UI mobile responsive

The new design looks nice but not mobile friendly. I had difficulty navigating around while on my iPhone XS.

The reason I had to use mobile was to check the logs to see if an email was sent out or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sanitize and/or parse addresses in headers for incoming email

Standard email headers such as FROM, CC, TO, SENDER, etc. contain email addresses, groups, or lists of addresses as described in RFC 5322.

Mailgun currently passes on the (transcoded) data as it is received, including any errors that buggy MUAs or ESPs may send. Moreover, most libraries only do very strict parsing; This forces developers to implement lenient parsing themselves to ensure all incoming email is accepted.

Mailgun could sanitize these fields in a way that we can really trust the headers and use a strict parser on them. That would be a big plus.

It would even BETTER if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filter get tags by multiple filters

Hello guys,

I think we need a new features when we take the tags statistics, now we can set multiple tags for a message but we take the statistics only for one.

We need to can take statistics for 2 or 3 tags concatenated per message because, for example if I want to see how many clicked have a user for a specific marketing message I can't do this.

I can do a difference between stats, because I used the specific marketing email for many users and I used the specific user tag for multiple marketing tags.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base