Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvement in reports

Mailgun team,

We suggest that the option of reports, it would be useful if you can download an excel with the information of the emails sent, both accepted and rejected, ie a template showing the date and the summary, as it appears on the LOGS tab, It would be very helpful.

Hopefully it is possible, since it would be an information bin to deliver to the clients, to whom the mail arrives

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. more tags

Have more than 3 tags. due to no and operator for tag filtering users are being forced to create combo tags such as appname-location but doing this easily runs into the tag limit of 3 can this limit be increased to something more reasonable minimum 10?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Profile avatar

I want to be able to set my profile picture when sending via MG thru Gmail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enforce domain specific credentials

Currently I'm able to send e-mails from one domain using another domains SMTP credentials. It would enhance security to enforce that credentials are needed for the specific sending domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. fully support non-ascii characters when attaching filenames

Currently mailgun API does not officially support non-ascii characters in filename attachments. There are workarounds but it would be nice if it was supported natively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Limit monthly email quantities per SMTP Credential, per domain

I would like you to add a limit on the amount of messages that can be processed per month, for individual "SMTP Credential", for a given domain.

E.g. a domain "mydomain.com" has 3 SMTP Credentials: admin@mydomain.com, secretary@mydomain.com, and guest@mydomain.com

I would like to be able to specify how many monthly emails a specific SMTP Credential can send: admin@mydomain.com = unlimited, secretary@mydomain.com = 10,000, guest@mydomain.com = 1,000 emails per month.

Please add this feature.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an ability to delete accepted messages

While developing an application that is accepting POSTs from Mailgun, I often develop a backlog of messages that have failed and that Mailgun continues to re-post. Would be nice to be able to filter in the logs and have an option to delete accepted messages that are "in queue."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. IP Prewarming in a Pool / Distribute Load between IPs in a specific way

Currently its pretty hard to add an additional ip to an existing pool that sends couple of millions emails per month, because the new ip will be 'cold' and considered spam. To avoid this it would be great if we could specify the load of every ip in the pool in percent. So adding a new ip but giving it only 3-5% of the traffic would reduce the risk and allow the ip to warm slowly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy Forward User to User Emails with masked Email Adresses

Some Apps allow User to User communication via Email (example LinkedIn). These App creates virtual Email Addresses to hide the original Email Address, either for the purpose of privacy or for intersecting the communication via store() or forward() routes, either to save the conversation in the system or simply to forward the email to the real address.

Where this works great for Emails without attachments, we could save some expensive roundtrips with emails that have attachments.
    In that case all attachments have to be downloaded first to the App Server and then send to mailgun again, although mailgun has these…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have log of JSON for email validation.

It would be nice to have the JSON returned for email validation stored in a log file so I can grab it (again) if something happens to my query. This wouldn't be such a big deal but since there are cost involved in each call, it would be great having a backup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable a "Reply to" address that is different than the "From" address in Zapier

Allowing a "Reply to" address that is different from the "From" would GREATLY expand the power of the Zapier integration by allowing users of an application to follow the Truthful Routing clause of the CAN-SPAM while being able to receive replies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix GoogleImageProxy User Agent Parsing

In looking through some of the log events, I'm noticing a common User Agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko Firefox/11.0 (via ggpht.com GoogleImageProxy)

This appears to be a Google Image resolver, but unfortunately it's identified as a Windows Desktop. This incorrectly inflates those categories in my Open statistics.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Link tracking statistics in reporting/campaigns

It would be nice if the clicked links were counted and shown in the campaigns or reporting tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add functionality to cancel a scheduled campaign.

There are occasionally last minute changes to the email content, subject line, lists or all of the above.

It would also be uesful to have the capability to stop a mailing once sent although this is a 'nice-to-have'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show the recipient variables in the logs

Currently, you can see the mail that was sent by clicking the cogwheel next to a log entry. However, you will not see the recipient variables. This would be useful to know.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow for a "catch all" webhook

if I have a general webhook script that can handle all types of messages, it would be very convenient if I could set all your webhook messages to go to the same url without having to edit every one separately. Also, it would be great if there could be a single webhook url set for ALL domains as well if needed. So, a single webhook url could be set across all domains and all webhook types.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Offer servers/IPs in locations other than the U.S.

For various privacy/legal reasons it would be good to have servers in non U.S. regions/zones. (Kind of like what AWS does.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support wildcard suppression of email addresses

Hello,

I need to suppress emails that are sent to my automation users.

qa_automation+df1qb6fn293okcevaucv@zzz.com

Basically, anything that is sent to qa_automation+xxxxx@zzz.com, I would like to suppress. Please consider this as an enhancement.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Envelope recipient support not determined by TO: header fields in API (SMTP Parity)

In SMTP you can set envelope recipients that are not listed in the To: header fields (think BCCs here).

We have a need for this to send unique emails to individuals, while having the To: header in their email client appear as if it was to a group that this user is a part of.

Currently, this is not possible via the Mailgun API, but only via SMTP. Since Mailgun recommends using the API, I would love to see this feature included so we can make the leap over to the API instead of using SMTP for these particular emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow rotation of DKIM keys

I would like the ability to rotate the DKIM key used by mailgun for my domain on a periodic basis. The only option I was given by mailgun support is to delete my domain and start over. Rotating the key is important to mitigate the effects when keys are compromised.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base