Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export data from Tagged Analytics Section

It would be nice if we could export the nice graphs and charts on individual tag analytics pages. specifically i'm talking about https://app.mailgun.com/app/analytics/DOMAIN/TAGNAME/overview

this would be a great feature because then you can export individual stats to pdf or csv - the way we use the tagging feature is by company name. so each of our clients that uses our sending system we built is tagged based on the company name we setup for them. as it is currently we cannot export any of this data and will need to build our own solution via API. You all have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optional redirect to 'my' website url following user unsubscribe

As part of the existing unsubscribe process, after the unsubscribe has occured, redirect the user to defined url on 'my' website (ideally passing some ID param of who has just unsubscribed) - this can replace any visible Mailgun page (but retain Mailgun functionality)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. dedicated

When the Mailgun account have a dedicated IP, new domains (added in the dashboard or via API) automatically receive the dedicated IP in their sending IPs list. This is not desirable in many cases as one might want to have just a handfull of domains being served by the accounts dedicated IP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2FA Auth APP Paperless Key

Your assumption that all authenticator apps work the same way is in error.

You reference a paper 2fa code that is provided when 2fa is activated. I see no paper 2fa code provided in the web interface upon activation. I do not see any email with a paper 2fa code. This paper code is supposedly how we can deactivate 2fa if we lost our 2fa device or app. My authenticator app does *not* provide any "paper key" when I setup mailgun with 2fa. I use LastPass authenticator.

My point is to indicate the instructions, and requirements for deactivating 2fa using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Accepted in Analytics page

Currently when going to Analytics you are able to see your tag with the following:
    Name, Processed, Delivered, Unique open/clicks, created last seen

Would it be possible to add "Accepted" to this view?

If you click on the Tag you are able to see that detail.

The other thing that would be helpful is when comparing two or more tags in Analytics to allow the "Processed" amount to display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable forwarding all outgoing mail to a monitoting account

We need to monitor our employees mail activity. We have their consent and we don't mind the way they are noticed and reminded that they are being monitored (even a systematic mail reply).
    We really need a way to easily configure a route for forwarding all the outgoing mail at certain accounts. We can not achieve it with other mail tools, unfortunately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Multiple emails per contact when uploading csv to mailing list

Hi,

When creating and uploading emails to the mailing list with a csv file, "only one name/title , one email" format is supported.
    I wish it was possible to have "1 name/title , first email, second email, third email , ..."
    per line to be added.
    Some times we have excel files in which there are more than one email per company or person.
    Therefore instead of adding another line in csv with "same names , different email" per line in csv, it would be great to be able to add multiple emails per name in one line...

I hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. a feature to suppress using a wildcard or entire domain as this was the method used on a spam mail attack on my site recently. The spam bo.

The spam bot will create an account, add an item to their wishlist, and then choose to share the Wishlist. As there isn't any limit on the number of email addresses the customer can enter, they are adding in thousands. The bot will then enter a spam message in the message field and then send them out via the website, essentially using it a spam mail service. We suggest a feature to suppress the use of a wildcard or entire domain be available to stop this recurring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Suppressions export to CSV: Use ISO date/time format

Hi, could you use the ISO date/time format for the created_at field in the bounces export? The current format is not picked up by Excel well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. stores messages next/previous links

The existing next/previous links when retrieving stored messages show when they should not.

Example: When I reach the end of the list of stored messages, there is still a "next" link, there should not be. The only way to know I have no more stored messages is to check for a blank items list.

This is simply lazy/poor API implementation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. callback should only send URL not full multi-part /form

When using stored events, a callback should send just the URL in a JSON data set, There is no reason to send the entire message, It's a waste of bandwidth, if I wanted the entire message I would have it forwarded to my URL.

A callback should be a small burst of code to alert me there is something I need todo, it's not a entire forwarded message, thats what forwards are for.

Just send the message URL so I know what to retrieve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow multiple email tagging with more than 3 tags

allow multiple email tagging with more than 3 tags

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add admin users free for limited time

Problem: Your free-level customers who need help from a third-party tech shouldn't have to choose between paying to add a user or turning off 2FA.

Backstory: My host detected a setup problem and and asked me for admin access, but your feature to add users is behind your paywall. That meant I had to either pay for a user that wouldn't need long-term access or temporarily turn off my two-step verification. The later was the obvious-but-disturbing choice, and I considered quitting Mailgun over it.

Proposed solution: Enable the add-user feature for base-level accounts for one extra admin user only, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom headers for Mailgun Wordpress plugin

Hi, the current Mailgun Wordpress plugin serves its purpose in overriding wp_mail function to send emails via Mailgun SMTP, and allowing users to change certain parameters like sender email and sender name.

It would be good if more options can be allowed in the plugin, such as custom headers, so that users do not need to write own filter for wp_mail, and can manage all email parameters in one plugin.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. in logs, add a filter for all domains

When using the Mailgun dashboard (/app/dashboard), you can see an overview of the message delivery (last 30 days). You can see Delivered, Suppressed, Dropped.... On the top of the graph you have links to these Delivered, Suppressed, ... messages. On the top right of this graph you can chose "All domains" or select a domain.

Now, when clicking the link of the Suppressed messages, for instance, it redirects to /app/logs/... .

However, in the logs, you cannot select "All domains" here. So if you see a note of a suppressed message in the overview, you cannot find this in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow for a CSV of email validations to be downloaded

We have the need to validate the requests being sent to Mailgun, so it would be really helpful to download a CSV of the email validations for the month to match with our internal numbers for billing tie out and accountability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Timezone / Locale setting

When viewing US region, you may want time relative to the US. When viewing EU region, you may want time relative to EU

For example, checking why my mail isn't sending at 8PM GMT+2, then looking at the logs that have a time of 2PM GMT-4 makes debugging slightly more annoying than it should be.

It would be great to be able to manually set the Timezone / Local for log files or other data exports

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ip whitelisting for smtp sending

the vast majority of our sending is sent by one IP, the ability to whitelist use of the API and SMTP sending to that IP would make sending much more secure.

Also a fail2ban style policy such that should someone get an API key or SMTP credential wrong 5 times in succession that they should not be able to try again for x minutes and then increasing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Message delivery breakdown on dashboard

Currently, when you hover over the chart columns on https://app.mailgun.com/app/dashboard, i
    the tooltip tells you the total number of emails delivered, dropped etc for that column. It would be really helpful however to break this total number down by domain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filtering logs by mailing lists and sending events

Hi,

I understand that your logs screen displays all data together, I can filter by dates but I wish to be able to filter by sending events.
    I mean which email event I performed, returned what results.
    It is not easy to do this by using date and time filters. It would be much easier if there is an event list of emails sent to mailing lists, and they I would know which mailing list contained which success and errors.
    For example I sent one email to a mailing list, then next day sent an email to an another mailing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base