Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error on flex plan pricing (website)

There seems to be an error on the Flex Plan pricing details. When you click on Price details on https://app.mailgun.com/app/billing/plans, the pop-up window is confusing and incorrect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to remove sandbox domain

How can I delete the sandbox domain you gave me? There is really no use for it, and the idea it comes as a default value for any analytics or log data is pretty frustrating from a user experience view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quick way to see bad sent emails.

Hello,

It would be good to have all the bounces (temporary and permanent fails) as a clickable link. I'm only interested in the emails which don't get delivered properly and it's a pain to go into the logs and apply three different filters to see the 'bad' emails.

Screenshot of what could be the link:
    https://prnt.sc/slki3k

Thanks,

Steve

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey y’all,

I hear you on the frustrations here. Unfortunately just about everything account related is tied back to user who created the account and their email address, which is currently a unique mapping across Mailgun, so it’ll take a bit of work to allow this functionality.

Until we’re able get this implemented, the workaround I use is plus addressing. For example, cfarmer+account1@mailgun.com and cfarmer+account2@mailgun.com allows me to essentially create multiple accounts using the same email (activation and notification emails will be delivered to cfarmer@mailgun.com). The majority of the major Mailbox Providers (Gmail and MSFT included) support this.

5. Send Time Optimization support for batched sending

Currently, Send Time Optimization is only supported for emails sent to a single recipient. This makes the feature essentially unusable to us due to volume. We would like to see STO support for batched sending.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Send emails based on template to mailing list in 1 click

It's not easy to see how I can send an email template to a mailing list. This should be a straightforward thing to do

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Additional security controls by API Key or Tags

It would be good to have security rights of the logs visible to our developers. So developer 1 may look after certain clients, developer 2 looks after other clients. Can we limit in any way them just seeing logs relating to their clients? Whether that be using a different API Key when we send, or tagging these emails. Thanks for your help, we are always looking to expose the least data possible for what people need in their role.
    There developers would both have emails sent from 1 domain to give more background. Peoples names and email addresses are personal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pay in advance and keep a balance

It would be awesome to prepay into my account. For example be able to pay $20 and keep that balance to pay from. I would think that you would rather that over micropayments too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Retain raw MIME logs from the current 3 days to 30 days inline with the logs

At the moment the raw MIME data is kept only for 3 days which does not help the business process where we have to resend an email which is older than 3 days. So please keep the raw MIME data for 30 days inline with logs. This will help to resend failed messages and for data analysis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. download analytics logs

i want to be able to download analyics logs please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop asking me for 2FA EVERY single time!

Every time I login, it requires a 2-factor auth code.
    Can we set it so it doesn't ask us the code each and every time we login? I login daily and it drives me insane!
    Instead, it could ask us for it once every 30 days or only when signing in on a new browser?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide meaningful delivery status description rather than "Too old"

Provide meaningful delivery status description rather than "Too old"

I'm monitoring webhooks for "permanent" failures and forwarding the "delivery-status" message/description (why are those not unified into a single field??) to my end users. Instead of merely reporting "Too old", please insert the error message from the previous "temporary" failure, so that it becomes clear what the real issue is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Saved Bookmarks / Redirect after login

Saved Bookmarks / Redirect after login

I have saved bookmarks for specific locations within the dashboard. When selecting a link, I typically need to go through login first.

After logging in, I'm never redirected to the original bookmark.

This would be a nice addition, because it's currently a small time sink because bookmarks are essentially useless.

Thanks,
    Graeme

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Is this a bug?

I think I have found a bug. Seems like mailgun adds an empty space after a comma when a variable has this pattern. In general, I'd say that's a good behavior, as a comma should almost always be followed by an empty space. But when it comes to monetary values, especially for currencies that use comma as decimal separator, this is not desired. Is there any way to bypass this? (assuming this really is a mailgun behavior)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Optional daily email with undeliverable mails

Hi.

I really would like an option to configure i could get a daily report of undeliverable messages for our domains so i can check it out (and solve it) when it happens. Any chance of that being added? Thank you, kindest regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let me pay my debts!!

Add place where users can pay due invoices, have to wait for the customer support is an overkill

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show Full addresses on logs view

On the logs page, you should try to show all of the email address.

See the attached screenshot, there is much wasted horizontal space that could be used to show the full address.

thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include spam details in event logs

Include spam details in event logs. This will include the Sscore, Sflag data as well as the DKIM and SPF checks as outlined in the documents.

X-Mailgun-Sflag
    X-Mailgun-Sscore
    X-Mailgun-Dkim-Check-Result
    X-Mailgun-Spf.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prepaid account

Could you integrate the prepayment? Indeed, my bank charges a fee for each monthly payment (which is higher than the invoice itself because my usage is low). If I could credit an account in advance it would be more convenient!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add record and page counts to sending logs

For Sending > Logs please add record count and page count for the logs. These counts should be updated based on any search and filters applied. It is very difficult to research how many emails were sent when filtering or searching. Also, export would be an added bonus!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base