Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different currency for payment (EURO/GBP)

The payment option. Please add PayPal or more currency available. With my CC if i pay $1 USD because my CC is in GBP i will pay additonal tax of 15 GBP, so don t make sense for us to pay the invoice. So, add additional currency and payments methods. Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sub account limited domain access

Allow sub account users only accessible to certain domains.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Differentiate IPs

When whitelisting an ip, can we have something like comments? or label or name?. Wanted to differentiate different ips in my whitelist

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Email recall functionality

I would like to have the ability to recall emails sent trough mailgun.
    Sometimes you send a email by accident.
    If the same thing happens in Outlook you are able to recall the email.
    This is very important when you send out invoices etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. provide more help for newbies

"We recommend using a subdomain with Mailgun, like "mg.mydomain.com". Using a subdomain you will be able to send emails from your root domain e.g. "you@mydomain.com".

If using a subdomain please make sure that you configure MX records for the subdomain for optimal delivery."

A link here that leads how to do this seems like a very sensible idea. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to disable List-Unsubscribe header

Provide a way to disable List-Unsubscribe headers for transaction emails. Currently Mailgun adds the List-Unsubscribe header for all emails, including transactional emails like password reset notifications and order confirmation emails. This header is intended for mailing lists, not transactional email. Additionally--we want to handle subscription and unsubscribes in our application not in mailgun.
    We discovered this header was recently added when troubleshooting a support request from a user who was not receiving password reset notifications and found he had unsubscribed using a link provided by this recently added header. He did not remember clicking unsubscribe and did not intend to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Additional payment methods

Would like to see other payment options than just a credit card. Business in the EU mostly don't have credit cards. I now have my personal card set as payment method which is not great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto-generated plaintext missing link URLs

I'm trying to start using templates, but I noticed that if I have mailgun automatically generate a plaintext version with "t:text", it leaves no trace of link URLs. This is annoying with my own links, but it's a bit worrying with the %unsubscribe_url% links, as their hrefs are completely absent and really do need to be present in some form.

The only alternative I can think of, specifying the entire text version in the request, defeats the purpose of using templates altogether and could lead to my app's hardcoded text version and the template's html going out of sync eventually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. supress h:x-mailgun-variables in outgoing header

Sometimes the object sent in h:x-mailgun-variables, intended for template to consume, can be big that some destination mail server (barracuda for example) will not accept when it is in message header. Would it be possible to not include this in message header?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using template variables without adding to header

We are sending large object data through h:x-mailgun-variables for template to consume. However, since the large amount of data is embedded in message header, it may be blocked by destination mail server. Can I request the ability to send OBJECT data for template through a variable without getting into message header?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy button on the values in the Hostname column

On the domain settings, it would helpful to have a copy button on the values in the Hostname columns

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filtering unique log entries

When filtering opened emails, a lot of redundant opens are logged. This makes it hard get a idea of on how popular some emails are. There could be a way to uniquely filter whether someone read (opened at least one time, for example by eliminating all consecutive opens) an email. This will be a better metric for many than open rate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File hash for attachments

Hello!

We are trying to use the APIs to store the emails sent for a longer period of time that what you provide. We need to store the attachments as well. Today I need to download the attachment from you and create a hash then store if necessary (not stored already). It will generate more traffic for you and for us as well unnecessarily. It would be nice to have a file hash provided by default what we could use to compare it to our stored ones and based on that decide whether we need to download the attachment again…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Template organization

On the list of email templates, "Last Changed" or "Modified" date seems like a much more useful column than "Created". Would be great if the columns (template name and Date) were sortable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editor fix

While editing a template, we should be able to see the editor and the preview at the same time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bulk Send / Export of Templates for Mass Updating / QA

As a non-technical user (the CEO of a start-up), I do not feel comfortable editing in HTML, which seems to be the only option. I need to be able to:

1. Generate a master list of all of the templates, including name, version tag, etc.

2. Export each template (or, alternatively, do a bulk send to a specified email address) so that I can compare each email in Mailgun to the master version that was approved as part of our overall messaging.

To put it more abstractly, there needs to be a way to easily review / verify / update the messages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add single sender emailaddress

Hi,

We have a system where we would like customers to send from their own email.
    It would be nice if you could add a single verified email address as a sender, instead of right now where you need to a whole domain eg, @domain.com

verification could be that a code is sent to the email address, and you need to type this code into the mailgun dashboard.

i know Mailjet supports this feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A cheaper option for inbound-only users

I would like to request that Mailgun offers an inexpensive plan for non-senders.

Specifically, myself and many others love using Mailgun exclusively as a mail routing/forwarding service for their domain(s). Mailgun's implementation of this is brilliant, but unfortunately I cannot justify upgrading to the $35/month plan for this feature only: I send zero emails out per month via Mailgun, which obviously is far less than what Foundation 50k allocates!

May I suggest the following new plan: "Inbound Only". It would be the same as Foundation 50k except:
    * Zero outbound emails per month (instead, billed on flex pay-as-you-go model)

I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mail Relay for anonymous user ids.

Hi mailgun team,

I have opened a ticket# 1494994 with Mailgun support team and requesting your development team how this can be implemented, collaborated.

I am using mailgun and would like to explore the available options on mailgun for below requirement of 2-way mail address making. I am looking for similar feature for my app and appreciate your help and thanks.

"Craigslist allows masking of my email address when replying to a post. Then their reply is masked as well.

It must: Allow anonymization of email, in both send and respond. From their site:

When replying to a post you'll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Additional billing options

I usually avoid entering my credit card info, especially for subscription services. It will be nice to have option for "credits/digital wallet" similar to DigitalOcean or Vultr, where you could pay in advance for example via PayPal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base