Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit manual

In docs, https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/user_manual.html#batch-sending

I believe %recipient.id% should read %recipient.unique_id%

-F text='If you wish to unsubscribe, click http://mailgun/unsubscribe/%recipient.id%'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow abuse and postmaster routes

Allow postmaster and abuse routes. It can't be that hard to monitor them internally AND complete the routing as directed by the user. As a hosting company emails to abuse@ will be about our hosting customers and we need to pipe those emails into a ticketing system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. inbound only domains

There needs to be an option for inbound domains only that bypasses spf and dkim record checking. There is no point to setting those for domains that I don;t want mailgun to send emails from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. whitelist

do you have a whiltelist for suppression?

we send internal notifications to our own emails. But somehow it always get into unsubscribe and we couldn't receive many emails due to this.

Can we add our own emails into whitelist so it can always be delivered?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Login form with login and password shown at the same time

Please, update the login page so that I can use my password manager to fill both login and password at the same time. The way it is now, I have to tell the password manager to fill the login, click ok, tell the password manager to fill the password, click ok.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Individual API tokens for all domains

Each domain added to mailgun should have it's own API token instead of a single API token for the entire account.

That API token would only have access to do things for that domain excluding deleting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Monthly Email Send Count on Dashboard instead of the current Day Count.

The older UI had ability to show the number of emails sent by us every month. So on a regular basis my team used to check how many emails were sent month-on-month basis to checking email growth. The new UI does not have ability to show month-on-month basis the emails sent. It only shows on a day basis. Is it possible to add this as a feature request?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Payment option

I think you need a pay now option, because my card was having an issue and, after I fixed it, I was no able to quickly restablish my service

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make test data on web, editable

Is it not possible to edit the test data variables. One of my variable stores an image url so I wanted to test that. But the random data generated by mailgun in some text so it doesnt work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Analytics > engagement > remarks

Hi- it would be really nice to be able to make some notes on the analytics tab when you review engagement - this way we would be able to track the performance when the template changes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to suppress an entire domain using wildcards

Would be nice to have the ability to suppress an entire domain to prevent sending to that domain. Right now we can only suppress individual addresses. Some wildcard functionality would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sample code syntax error

The sample codes in template for node / python do not work, they are missing escapings for the 'h:X-Mailgun-Variables' payload

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't find Authorized Recipients in new UI

Where is the list of allowed recipients?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom supression type

It would be great to have a custom suppresion-mode, so I can add new subcribers to their lists on registration-time, but ensuring that no mails to or trom them is process on my mailinglists.

Then when they have validated their accounts, I simply remove the suppresion on the, and the are live.

Right now I have to keep subcriptions of new members on my site, and the add the subscriptions on email-validation, witch can be a little tricky.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it more accessible from overview to access credentials for API/SMTP

please make it easier to get credentials for API/SMTP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email of DNS records

is there any way of getting the dns records when setting up to verify in a text email or html email. We usually need to send these to IT companies on behalf of clients and they cannot copy and paste from the pdf print of the page. Just a thought! BTW mailgun is awesome guys!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display three webhook limit on settings page

Please display the three webhook per event limit on webhook settings page to prominently, instead of showing an error only after three has already been added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cloudflare Common DNS Provider

Please add Cloudflare as a Common DNS Providers for your instructions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Backup Logs

Can a user on the lowest plan backup there log files that where send? because it's currently only holding 5 days worth on logs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. GoDaddy DNS Conflicts

The information provided causes direct conflicts with the way GoDaddy handles DNS. Since you mention GoDaddy on your page, it would be VERY helpful to make special notes regarding GoDaddy's conventions. I've wasted 5 days trying to get connected.
    GoDaddy does not allow the use of the domain name (***.com) in DNS records. The @ sign always replaces the domain name. When the domain name is the end of a hostname parameter, it should be omitted (k1.domainkey.xxxcom should be k1.domainkey).
    Lastly, the use of the CNAME host parameter "email" conflicts with their system, and MX records may also…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base