Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for bulk import of suppression addresses

Can you please consider creating a bulk .csv list import option for emails/lists we want to add to the suppression list? I'd like to sort the UN-deliverable emails that export from Validation job, and to be able to import a bulk list of these email addresses to add to the Suppression List. Right now I only see a way of doing it one-at-a-time within the Mailgun UI. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Click bounces to see bounces

Let me click on the bounces to drill in and see which domains are bouncing my emails. As it is, if an email isn't received by a recipient who expected it, there's no way for me to do anything but see something was dropped.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. print view of the verify domain is broken at the bottom

print/save layout for instructions to verify the domain is broken at the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Auto-Save Template Content

Auto-save while editing template.

I keep using the swipe gesture on mac, which causes the page to either go forward or back in history.

I've typed up my template three times, and lost it due to going back in history.

I'm now going to type it up locally, and then paste the result, but I don't get the handy inline preview until I paste the code over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. True Date format to allow for sorting

For the export of bounces, could you please use a simple date format so that the data can be sorted in datetime sequence?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. import function

I want to migrate from mandrill to mailgun, but in mandrill I have about 50 templates. I would like an import function for exported templates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display "How much you'll be charged so far this month"

Somewhere it could tell you how much your costs have been this month from sending emails.
    I emailed support, who confirmed this doesn't currently happen and it would be worth submitting a feature request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to exclude automatic unsubscribe link on per email basis

Add ability to exclude automatic unsubscribe link from email templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quick Start Guide Link in "Good news - sitemail.mpamedia.com is now verified" is Broken

Fix the broken link to the Quick Start Guide in your "Good news - sitemail.mpamedia.com is now verified" e-mail.

Make the Quick Start Guide a top level link in your support section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Suppression Strike System

Less aggressive suppression.

We had a whole lot of email addresses marked as bad because we tried sending emails during the cloudflare outage last week (https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-outage-on-july-17-2020/). These were automated reports that didn't go to management all weekend because the email addresses were blocked.

I suggest adding a strike feature - maybe if an email fails 3 times for certain reasons (mx records for example) then it's suppressed. Otherwise you end up with issues like this where I have to explain to my bosses why the reports didn't go out and it makes them question why we're using mailgun…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The fact that addresses were being suppressed for events where MX records don’t exist was due to a bug in our suppression logic. We’ve since fixed this bug and you should no longer see addresses suppressed due to missing MX records (this would be a soft bounce).

Given this information, I’m curious if this solves your concern?

12. Automatically warm up new domains

Mailgun should have the option to automatically warm up a domain if needed,
    similar to what you have for dedicated IP warm up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding flag for cc or bcc on event hooks

Event hooks when there is a CC or BCC recipient, you can not tell which is which, other than comparing it is not the "to" field. Would be good to add cc or bcc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for Shorter SMTP Credentials

t is important to us as a customer to be able to edit our SMTP credentials. Our system is limited to a password character max of 8 characters. I respect you security effort in generating a very long password but, this will not work for us. Please pass this on to those who need to know. Thank you so much for your consideration is this matter.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please, integrate Handlebars custom helpers feature with template

So, it would be very helpful if we have a possibility to use Handlebars custom helpers feature in templates, because of existing built-in Handlebars helpers can not cover all the cases for rendering hard structured data

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default View for Logs

On the Sending > Logs page, the default fields are consistently reset regardless of what changes you make. My team does not need to see the defaults, and must change these settings every time they load a new page. Please make an option for those choices to be sticky, or to allow users to set default values for their shown fields on the Logs page

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Minimum invoice amount

I received an invoice of $1 and was surprised Mailgun makes a profit out of this after all costs of administration and support. A client of mine received an invoice of $0.80.

Sure you can do better than this!

I don't mind that you turned the Free plan into a Flex subscription. But the way you do it is a heavy workload of bookkeeping and administration.

Other than that, I love the product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UX bug - update Payment Method

RE: Updating Payment Method

Re: Address section
    Only 'Billing address (line 1)' is available

This is weird.. it makes you feel like the form is incomplete and updating credit card wont work - which it didn't - took three attempts before my updated credit card would save.

Suggest you do a UX run through.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. roles

I added someone to my account as a developer. They are able to see the billing information which I don't like. They cannot change it but they can still the credit card information. Only Admins and the Owner should be allowed to see the Billing info.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add tool-tips to icon-based UI controls

Please add tool-tips to some of the more non-obvious icon-only buttons (e.g., circular-arrow-with-dashed-lines)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base