Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move the filter and search buttons to the right of the search bar on the logging page.

On the logging page filter and search should be beside the search box, not below it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a placeholder space for the log while it loading so it doesn't change page length.

The chart on the logs page takes a while to load. I would create a place holder space so that the search bar and log doesn't get pushed down and lose focus while the chart is loading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug in Suppressions search

Suppressions: not searching for an email given in the search field. Returning all bounces. Am sure this was working in the new look site recently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Engagement Table

Please add a totals row to the Engagement table. Ideally, you'd also show the total %'s of unique opens and clicks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fetch Support

Would be great if you guys support fetch requests. Right now all your API options do not support a serverless application such as React Native.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a WYSIWYG template Editor

Please make a better WYWIWYG email editor. Have a look at your competitors, like SendInBlue. There system is excellent. See attached image of their email editor. By comparison editing templates in MailGun is like living in a dark cave with no electricity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increase max attachment size

Can we have options or features to allow the change of email attachment size accordingly.

For now, its limits to 25, but we look forward that we can adjust it accordingly to our policy but ensure within acceptable global standard such as 50MB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide better template organization

Folder structure for handling large quantities of templates. We have MANY templates that fall into different categories, and it would be helpful to have a folder structure to simplify navigation and identification of templates when applying updates...rather than scrolling through a long list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integration with Segment.io

Would love to get a Mailgun integration with Segment.io so we can easily pass data and reporting analytics back and forth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. speed

Pageload takes about 30 seconds on a gigabit connection.

It'd be pretty great if it was at acceptable levels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug in overview toolbar

Sending->overview->click on engagement the toolbar disappears

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dev API keys

Please provide a separate API key for sandbox and real domains, or API key per domain.
    I do not want to use my api key on dev environments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easy viewing of outgoing emails.

It would be great if there was an easier way to view outgoing email. Quick View takes too long to render, links aren't clickable, the logs list is too polluted, and so on.

Just a simple list : sender, receiver, subject. Clicking it will render the email in your browser, with clickable links (no fancy server-side rendering-to-image stuff needed). Done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Log search

The new search seems flaky - im dont feel confident that the search results are correct. This is an example where it says there have been no sent that contain "d"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage account users via API

I'd like to be able to manage users via the Mailgun API. Right now, when a user leaves my organization, I don't see any way to remove their account other than logging in with a web browser, clicking around, and removing their account manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More Convenient Sending IP Log Filtering

During warmup, it's a bit of a black box right now in terms of trying to figure out what's happening. In order to find out how many mails get sent per cold IP 1, cold IP 2 or shared, we can do advanced searches like envelope.sending-ip:184.173.153.51 but this only gives the tabular results, not the totals in the graph. Ideally, the sending IP would be in a column of the tabular data to begin with, so it can be filtered/sorted. And when we do the sending-ip searches, we really want the graph with the event filters. Only then we can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include region selection into the dashboard features

If I manually navigate to https://app.eu.mailgun.com/app/dashboard - it shows me proper information about my account. But when I try to navigate to any other tab, I got redirected to https://app.mailgun.com (without EU suffix) DNS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display internal failures in logs

If using an IP who's reputation has become tarnished to the point where several domains are rejecting emails long enough to be timed out, there is no longer a way to filter for that permanent failure. These "internal failure"s just drop away. They show a temporary fail for 8 hours, then nothing. No delivery, no permanent failure.

Please make these internal failures visible in the logs so they can be filtered / seen. There is not a good way to filter for "no longer retrying" emails. It's easy enough to filter for ONE email, follow it until it drops off…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. mail notification for failed mail

We need error/failed/drop mail notification alert to register mail address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for Shorter SMTP Credentials

t is important to us as a customer to be able to edit our SMTP credentials. Our system is limited to a password character max of 8 characters. I respect you security effort in generating a very long password but, this will not work for us. Please pass this on to those who need to know. Thank you so much for your consideration is this matter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base