Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The API to return 'status' field which can be true or false OR 0/1

The API to return 'status' field which can be true or false OR 0/1
    That way we don't have to parse the json.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add heatmaps support

I'd like to have heatmaps for the emails, to see in which parts of the email users focus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow developers to push (POST) "Clicked" events to Events API.

For cases in which we have to disable "Clicked" tracking due to conflict with "HSTS" subdomain setting, it would be useful to let us post the "Clicked" events to Mailgun Events API - this should allow us to view and search "Clicked" events on Mailgun logs even though we had to disable tracking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter mailing lists by domain

Add a parameter so that it is possible to GET /lists/pages that are pre-filtered for a particular domain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add multi-user *back* into the free plan

Add multi-user *back* into the free plan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Order suppressions in reverse chronological order

Currently suppression come up in random date order which is of no use and makes no useful sense.

Suppressions in reverse chronological order would be most helpful to see the most recent items added to the suppression list so ones that are added can easily be removed. Sendgrid does this and it makes removing items from the list much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to purchase more recipients in sandbox domain.

I would like to use Mailgun from our test environment where I would send all mails to Mailgun (SMTP/API) but configure in the domain (sandbox has add recipient) the mail adresses that should realy be sent. The 5 recepients limit in Sandbox is not enough for our needs. A way to purchase more recipients and to enforce authorized recipients only from a sandbox domain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add new Zapier actions to unsubscribe and/or remove a subscriber

The Zapier integration is really great but we do not find any actions for unsubscribing or removing a mailing list member.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support Multiple Credit Cards with Fallback

Currently the system allows only one credit card. If the payment fails, for whatever reason, mailgun gives the user 7 days to make the payment.

It would be better to allow adding multiple credit cards, ordered by preference. If the preferred card payment fails, the system should try to charge the next preferred card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. destination

Allow REGEX in hostname of destination url for webhook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Parse valid rfc 2822 dates

So the docs say 'start' parameter for tag/<tag>/stats should be in the format described in rfc2822: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-tags.html#tags

The rfc https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822.html#page-14 describes the timezone as (( "+" / "-" ) 4DIGIT) / obs-zone

But the API rejects dates in the format "Sun, 01 Jan 2017 00:00:00 -0000" with "failed to parse 'start', valid format is RFC 2822 or epoch time", which then works replacing "-0000" with "UTC".

The format with -0000 is also used in one of the examples in the API docs themselves: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-sending.html#examples

And it's what the buit-in python function email.utils.format_datetime formats datetime objects.

For the above reasons I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add domain selection dropdown menue also in the tabs "Mailing Lists" and "Routes"

If one has more than one domain in his account, i would like to see the same behaviour in the dashboard on all tabs:
    In Logs, Analytics, Suppressions one can select the domain with the small dropdown menue on the left side.
    But not in the tabs "Mailing Lists" and "Routes".
    Why not? I would like to also select the domain on these tabs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visibility of billing history in control panel login role : support

If a user is added with a role of "Support" they can view billing history for the account - this is not something that should be visible outside of the admin or billing role - it's should be hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Secure HTTPS mail upload routes with client certificates

We run an internal server with Mailgun integration, but I'd like to keep its exposure to the outside world minimal. To do this, I've set up a proxy to redirect the https mail route, which works fine. What I'd like to do is further restrict this proxy to "only allow traffic from Mailgun".

The cleanest approach I'm aware of for this is simply to enable client certificate enforcement at the proxy, but it'd require your routing software to be able to provide certificates on request. I enabled optional client certificate checking to test it, but packet capture shows a response…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Document list of error codes, reasons, and event types that may be generated by Events

Currently, there is no documentation detailing the set of error codes and reasons that could appear in an Event. For event types, this appears to be the only available link https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-events.html#event-types but has some inconsistencies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide an automated warmup option

It is near impossoble to kmplement the warmup plan for transactional emails. (I can't control how many are sent per day). This should be automated by mailgun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reduce/Remove Billing Info Shown to Lower-Privileged Users

Currently, analyst role users can see the the invoices, payment method, and the last four card digits of the owner account. This seems like data the lowest-privileged role user should not have access to.

In fact, I don't see why anyone but the billing and admin accounts should have access to payment and billing info.

I would suggest making any financial information only accessible to the billing and admin user roles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why each time user open the mail both callback opended hook,onece is enough This hook does not make sense,Please modify to once

Why each time user open the mail both callback opended hook,onece is enough This hook does not make sense,Please modify to once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. blacklist for ip adresses that abuse the read and open calls. If someone send 100.000 requests we could stop this missuse by having a blackl

A blacklist for ip adresses that abuse the read and open calls from tracking links. If someone send 100.000 requests we could stop this missuse by having a blacklist for the IP of the abusser. If someone is in the blacklist then the read or open requests and there. instead of being 100.000 opens in my statistics. Will save a lot of bandwith is my opion :)
    With regards Frank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mailing list editing easier ways...

Ideas to make editing "Mailing Lists" easier to use.

1) Make the "Recipient Address" and "Full Name" sortable on top
    2) Have the option to show more than just 25 emails on a page
    3) Have the arrows to the next page at the top as well

We have some mailing groups with several hundreds of people and it is very time consuming having to only see 25 at a time and also not be able to sort things/names so they could be arranged alphabetically takes a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base