Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flex plan needs some way to use inbound routes feature

With the introduction of the the Flex plan and the elimination of the free plan the "Inbound Routing" feature is no longer available for the entry level plan.

This broke a major use case for Mailgun as routes are an essential feature even for low mail volume accounts.

$35 to acquire mail routing is just infeasible when you only use 200 e-mails per month.

Mailgun needs to somehow allow Flex plan users to either have a pay-per-use for routing or make it available outright. Otherwise you are saying you do not really need these low volume customers.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DKIM signing via CNAME

I would like to be able to do is simply to let our clients add a CNAME record to the [domain] DKIM record (mx._domainkey.[domain], and then, when sending we could specify the signing domain for the DKIM signature.

For example: to align the domains in the example above, I would just create a CNAME record at mx.domainkey.domain2.tld which point to mx.domainkey.domain1. Then, the DKIM signature would declare the signing domain as d=domain2 instead of d=domain1

The benefits of this are:

1. We don't need to continually create and manage new domains in our account.

2. The domains are aligned by…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate webhooks from one domain to another

It would make my life a LOT easier if I could copy over the webhooks from one domain to another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better SPF record verification

There can only be one SPF records for any domain, and it's quite common to have multiple includes in one record. The domain verification for the SPF record should be savvy enough to parse the record for the v=spf1, linclude:mailgun.org, and ~all elements seperately so it can verify an SPF record with multiple includes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better date formatting

Please do not provide dates in mm-dd-yy format. It is very confusing. Please use yyyy-mm-dd

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DETAIL LOGS EXPORT

how do i get a detailed spread sheet of my logs i can download
    for example today I have 1949,852 and 206 permanent errors
    how do i get those email addresses and the reasons
    the export supressions for the day only gives me 21 records
    i am not unwilling to upgrade but i don't want a dedicated IP THANK YOU

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set a default domain

When navigating to Logs, I'd like way to set a 'default' domain here instead of having to scroll through the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Different currency for payment (EURO/GBP)

The payment option. Please add PayPal or more currency available. With my CC if i pay $1 USD because my CC is in GBP i will pay additonal tax of 15 GBP, so don t make sense for us to pay the invoice. So, add additional currency and payments methods. Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inbox placement for EU domain

Hello.
    Please enable Inbox Placement test for EU domains.
    Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email Templates Search

For the templates section a search input would be nice to have so that it's easier to browse the existent templates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outbound routes

Use case 1: Backup sent emails that were done through SMTP.

The company I work for have a generic SMTP credential per country with multiple people using it, this enables any of them to handle emails if available, the problem is that this requires us to have an script to backup of the messages sent on each computer.

Use case 2: Being able to send a copy of the emails from novice worker using the SMTP crendential to a manager during their training phase.

Outbound routes would be similar to inbound routes where instead of "match_recipient" it would have "match_smtp_credential"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bulk Send / Export of Templates for Mass Updating / QA

As a non-technical user (the CEO of a start-up), I do not feel comfortable editing in HTML, which seems to be the only option. I need to be able to:

1. Generate a master list of all of the templates, including name, version tag, etc.

2. Export each template (or, alternatively, do a bulk send to a specified email address) so that I can compare each email in Mailgun to the master version that was approved as part of our overall messaging.

To put it more abstractly, there needs to be a way to easily review / verify / update the messages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide meaningful delivery status description rather than "Too old"

Provide meaningful delivery status description rather than "Too old"

I'm monitoring webhooks for "permanent" failures and forwarding the "delivery-status" message/description (why are those not unified into a single field??) to my end users. Instead of merely reporting "Too old", please insert the error message from the previous "temporary" failure, so that it becomes clear what the real issue is.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Additional billing options

I usually avoid entering my credit card info, especially for subscription services. It will be nice to have option for "credits/digital wallet" similar to DigitalOcean or Vultr, where you could pay in advance for example via PayPal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better documentation

The "test Webhook" feature needs better documentation. The parameters that are sent to the webhook in the test are a complete different structure than what will actually be passed to the webhook when it is used. That is not at all clear in the documentation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Validation file broken into category

It would be a HUGE time saver if the .zip file for a validated list contained a file for each category. IE: file1 - file with all addresses as the system currently functions. file2 - a file containing only deliverable addresses. file 3 - a file containing only unknown addresses.... etc. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A cheaper option for inbound-only users

I would like to request that Mailgun offers an inexpensive plan for non-senders.

Specifically, myself and many others love using Mailgun exclusively as a mail routing/forwarding service for their domain(s). Mailgun's implementation of this is brilliant, but unfortunately I cannot justify upgrading to the $35/month plan for this feature only: I send zero emails out per month via Mailgun, which obviously is far less than what Foundation 50k allocates!

May I suggest the following new plan: "Inbound Only". It would be the same as Foundation 50k except:
    * Zero outbound emails per month (instead, billed on flex pay-as-you-go model)

I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Turn off SMTP at Account level or Domain level

I rarely use SMTP, mostly I just use the API keys. Last month the SMTP password was Brute Force and stolen, the attacker send over 100k emails from my domain which I had to pay for. I would like some ways to help prevent that in the future.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VAT bug fix

Fix the VAT setting: when you enter a number, it appears to be successful, but the settings screen isn't updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ability to disable List-Unsubscribe header

Provide a way to disable List-Unsubscribe headers for transaction emails. Currently Mailgun adds the List-Unsubscribe header for all emails, including transactional emails like password reset notifications and order confirmation emails. This header is intended for mailing lists, not transactional email. Additionally--we want to handle subscription and unsubscribes in our application not in mailgun.
    We discovered this header was recently added when troubleshooting a support request from a user who was not receiving password reset notifications and found he had unsubscribed using a link provided by this recently added header. He did not remember clicking unsubscribe and did not intend to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base