Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. URGENT: Requirements || Mailgun Logs Section - Tags Based Filters

Under Reporting Section, we have filters based upon domain and Tagging . Please provide the same filters options on Logs Section to provide better filtered out results.

Currently we have to type manually in Search bar of Logs section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow for a "catch all" webhook

if I have a general webhook script that can handle all types of messages, it would be very convenient if I could set all your webhook messages to go to the same url without having to edit every one separately. Also, it would be great if there could be a single webhook url set for ALL domains as well if needed. So, a single webhook url could be set across all domains and all webhook types.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add multiple API Keys or Sub API Keys to be used for commercial software distribution.

I have some software nearing completion and it will be distributed to customers on a subscription basis. A few customers would also like the host the software themselves. Maintaining multiple API Keys that link to the one account allows us to control our customer's usage should the subscription expire and prevent us from giving them our API key.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Searching of logs in the dashboard should support gmail style searching e.g. to:name@domain.com

It would be useful to search for terms in specific field explicitly. At the moment searching for an email address will match on From as well as To fields.
    Gmail supports search terms of the form "to:name@domain.com" or "from:name@domain.com"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Offer servers/IPs in locations other than the U.S.

For various privacy/legal reasons it would be good to have servers in non U.S. regions/zones. (Kind of like what AWS does.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to create a "Never Suppress" list

Create the ability to have a list of email addresses that MailGun will continue to attempt delivery too, even if it receives a bounceback. This is a compliance feature that will ensure delivery to an archival address. (SendGrid currently has a Never Suppress list.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expose the "in reply to" node in your Zapier integration.

The Zapier integration desperately needs the "in reply to" node exposed for logic such as ticketing systems.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get Exact URL Clicked in Email

Mailgun provides logs where you can view even details like delivered, clicked, etc. An email can have multiple links to be clicked. I wish to know which link in the email was clicked. Right now the logs only say clicked and no details on which link was clicked.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. log config changes

You should log config changes. This will allow problems to be tracked back to the source quicker and aid in fault diagnosis. E.g. we had a problem on 12/01/2017 what config changes did we make? Log what changed from what, to what, log who changed it and when.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a login audit log

Enable users to check the login history of their accounts/sub accounts. It's just good security, I imagine you must log this internally, just expose a limited subset of it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Randomize timing of bounce retries to reduce multiple bounces.

If I attempt to send 100 emails to users at a single host and am rate-limited by the recipient's e-mail host, the mailgun system attempts to resend those e-mails after 10 minutes. The result is that the same 100 emails all retry at the exact same time and nearly all of them bounce again. Subsequent retries with longer delays will continue to bounce as they all attempt at once.

If retries were randomized between 5-15 minutes, deliverability in this scenario would be substantially improved with minor development effort.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inbound sending mail server IP address attribute

As part of the inbound mail parse output to have a field that includes the IP address of the sending email server - what is used as part of the TCP handshake. I realize that mailgun may add this as a header in the mime parse, but would be great to have this already extracted as part of the output. This could be used for additional security and spam checks by the developer. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Forward feedback loop emails

Please add the possibility to forward feedback loop emails so that we can use other tools to analyse them in more detail then Mailgun provides...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Last time used a SMTP User

I have been checking my domains and SMTP Logins recently.

I realised that some domains have more than 1 SMTP Login due the same domain can manage emails from different services: newsletters, orders, blog, emails sent as a system alert by the operating system...

So now I can see a list of SMTP Users and the creation date, however I have no idea what was the last time I used those SMTP Services. It means I cannot remove an unused SMTP Login (if it exists) due I cannot track when was the last time I used it.

Can you think…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add settings for "Not delivering to previously bounced address" error

A few days ago one of our users got into suppression list because Google (for some unknown reason) hard bounced his CORRECT email. We have doublechecked it and it works alright. Each time Mailgun received hard bounce, it adds the bounced email into suppression list. But sometimes innocent users are getting there too.

So, please add a feature/setting "Hard bounce attempts required to move email into the suppression list", with increasing cooldown, starting from 600 seconds, or something similar. So if it's a wrong email, it will be hardbounced three times and suppressed; it is a result of some bug…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable authorized recipient feature in sandboxes even when an account has a credit card on file

Today, once you put a credit card on file, this feature is turned off. It's a nice fail-safe feature for sandbox testing even when production sending domains are active.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Check email status in one API call

Many times I need to check the "status" of a user (email address). Status means I need to check if it appears in any of the suppression lists (bounces, unsubscribes, complaints).

Example use-cases:
    1) Before send email to that user, I want to make sure you will handle the email;
    2) While presenting "user account" window, I want to tell the user his subscription status.

However, to achieve this I need to perform 3 different API calls, one for each suppression type.

Is it possible to add API call that will return for a given address whether it appears in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Re-send and View rejected mail

Recently because of insufficient balance in credit card, mail gun rejected many transaction mails in my account, and this effected our business badly.

So i request for two features:

1. Re-send rejected mails (please add code in your docs)

2. View rejected mail content

http://blog.mailgun.com/how-to-view-your-messages/

It seems currently you store only delivered mail content in your servers, Please add this feature in rejected mail.
    So that we can copy the html and send it again.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Reply-To header in the event meta-data

Hello,

I would like you to add the reply to header in the event meta data for tracking and reporting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base