Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More precise feedback when calling the API

Sometimes our customers have typos in their email addresses, e.g. "@gmail.comt" instead of "@gmail.com"

When sending such emails, your API returns a generic "400 - Bad request" message.
    Is it possible to differentiate the underlying cause for this message? It would help understanding whether the error is related to a bad call to the API or just a bad email address...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Logs for All Clients

Have a "show all" option for domains in the logs. This way, it would be easy to filter all accounts by errors or warnings, rather than having to search through each account individually to see which one has had issues.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mailing list template variables; custom message data

Make the mailing list recipient variables available within the sendMessage call so that when sending to a list, dynamic recipient data can be set within the message v:my-custom-data.

So when you create a user within a mailing list you can set custom recipient variables via 'vars' on the create and update mailing list recipient call.

But when you then send a message to the pseudo email address, you cannot tag that message with the dynamic recipient variables within the v:my-custom-data string on the sendMessage call.

If you could access the recipient.vars within the sendMessage call, then you could tag individual…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to forward out of office replies

Currently you are able to differentiate between the delayed bounces and the out-of-office replies, but there is no way to forward the out of office replies. Your system will automatically drop them due to lack of sender header. We need to receive out of office replies, they are essential emails for our customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bounce incoming mail when none of the routes match

For incoming mail (when none of the routes match), I would like to use a catch_all() to bounce the incoming mail and notify the sender with (for example) a 550 error (non-existent email address).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export data from Tagged Analytics Section

It would be nice if we could export the nice graphs and charts on individual tag analytics pages. specifically i'm talking about https://app.mailgun.com/app/analytics/DOMAIN/TAGNAME/overview

this would be a great feature because then you can export individual stats to pdf or csv - the way we use the tagging feature is by company name. so each of our clients that uses our sending system we built is tagged based on the company name we setup for them. as it is currently we cannot export any of this data and will need to build our own solution via API. You all have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Other tagging/analytics filtering options

Unfortunately none of the systems we are currently using Mailgun with have the capability to add SMTP headers (or use the API, for that matter), which means we can't tag messages, which in turn very much limits the capabilities of the analytics/reporting. As it currently stands we're not even able to view unique opens/clicks.

It would be great if either A) There was another method of tagging emails by altering the body of the email (perhaps through a hidden HTML tag or something similar), or B) Analytics wasn't so reliant on tagging and we could instead filter/group emails by subject,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support SAML SSO

Support SAML SSO as well as oAuth or OpenID

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add support for assigning a specific attachment to each recipient in batch sending.

At this time Mailgun does not provide support for sending user specific attachments in batch mailing. Please add the support for that. In case of sending thousands of emails, we have to call the mailgun APIs thousands of times which does not look a valid approach. And we can't send URL of the attachments in the emails because the attachments files are stored temporarily on the server and it's confidential.

Adding this feature will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optional redirect to 'my' website url following user unsubscribe

As part of the existing unsubscribe process, after the unsubscribe has occured, redirect the user to defined url on 'my' website (ideally passing some ID param of who has just unsubscribed) - this can replace any visible Mailgun page (but retain Mailgun functionality)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. dedicated

When the Mailgun account have a dedicated IP, new domains (added in the dashboard or via API) automatically receive the dedicated IP in their sending IPs list. This is not desirable in many cases as one might want to have just a handfull of domains being served by the accounts dedicated IP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2FA Auth APP Paperless Key

Your assumption that all authenticator apps work the same way is in error.

You reference a paper 2fa code that is provided when 2fa is activated. I see no paper 2fa code provided in the web interface upon activation. I do not see any email with a paper 2fa code. This paper code is supposedly how we can deactivate 2fa if we lost our 2fa device or app. My authenticator app does not provide any "paper key" when I setup mailgun with 2fa. I use LastPass authenticator.

My point is to indicate the instructions, and requirements for deactivating 2fa using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Accepted in Analytics page

Currently when going to Analytics you are able to see your tag with the following:
    Name, Processed, Delivered, Unique open/clicks, created last seen

Would it be possible to add "Accepted" to this view?

If you click on the Tag you are able to see that detail.

The other thing that would be helpful is when comparing two or more tags in Analytics to allow the "Processed" amount to display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Redirect and secure

Please redirect http://mailgun.org to https://mailgun.org
    Also, implement missing headers on mailgun.org: Strict-Transport-Security; Content-Security-Policy; X-Frame-Options; X-XSS-Protection; X-Content-Type-Options; Referrer-Policy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable forwarding all outgoing mail to a monitoting account

We need to monitor our employees mail activity. We have their consent and we don't mind the way they are noticed and reminded that they are being monitored (even a systematic mail reply).
    We really need a way to easily configure a route for forwarding all the outgoing mail at certain accounts. We can not achieve it with other mail tools, unfortunately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. IP Whitelisting for account login - to help agencies who work with many clients

Logging into multiple client accounts seems to cause us to start getting one-time code prompts frequently, making it very difficult to work with them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for Multiple emails per contact when uploading csv to mailing list

Hi,

When creating and uploading emails to the mailing list with a csv file, "only one name/title , one email" format is supported.
    I wish it was possible to have "1 name/title , first email, second email, third email , ..."
    per line to be added.
    Some times we have excel files in which there are more than one email per company or person.
    Therefore instead of adding another line in csv with "same names , different email" per line in csv, it would be great to be able to add multiple emails per name in one line...

I hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. a feature to suppress using a wildcard or entire domain as this was the method used on a spam mail attack on my site recently. The spam bo.

The spam bot will create an account, add an item to their wishlist, and then choose to share the Wishlist. As there isn't any limit on the number of email addresses the customer can enter, they are adding in thousands. The bot will then enter a spam message in the message field and then send them out via the website, essentially using it a spam mail service. We suggest a feature to suppress the use of a wildcard or entire domain be available to stop this recurring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an option to resend an email directly from the message history

Similar do https://mailgun.uservoice.com/forums/156243-feature-requests/suggestions/6776246-add-an-option-to-resend-an-email-directly-from-the could we have the option to resend a message from the Message History for an message.

Becuase if you are reviewing a message (by looking at the Message History) you wan to resend it. You need to find it in the Logs list again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base