Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
    In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The (subscribed) sender of a mailing list should also receive his own sent mail

The (subscribed) sender of a email (to a mailgun mailing list) will not receive his own email, when he writes to a list. This is a very confusing behaviour for most of the users and it will result in countless misuses: The users will try to send their email over and over again, because they think that their email didn't get through the mail system.
    I have never seen and never used a mailing list service that behaved in this way. Googlegroups, Yahoogroups, Domeus, whatever... you always get back your own email. Furthermore, this behaviour is not mentioned in the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add domain selection dropdown menue also in the tabs "Mailing Lists" and "Routes"

If one has more than one domain in his account, i would like to see the same behaviour in the dashboard on all tabs:
    In Logs, Analytics, Suppressions one can select the domain with the small dropdown menue on the left side.
    But not in the tabs "Mailing Lists" and "Routes".
    Why not? I would like to also select the domain on these tabs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visibility of billing history in control panel login role : support

If a user is added with a role of "Support" they can view billing history for the account - this is not something that should be visible outside of the admin or billing role - it's should be hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow CNAME chaining for tracking opens, clicks.

Currently my app (email.mydomain.com) CNAME is pointed to mailgun.org, but when I have my users' domains point to email.mydomain.com, it does not accept this as a chain CNAME.

It would be nice to validate this so it can be whitelabel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an ability to delete accepted messages

While developing an application that is accepting POSTs from Mailgun, I often develop a backlog of messages that have failed and that Mailgun continues to re-post. Would be nice to be able to filter in the logs and have an option to delete accepted messages that are "in queue."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Secure HTTPS mail upload routes with client certificates

We run an internal server with Mailgun integration, but I'd like to keep its exposure to the outside world minimal. To do this, I've set up a proxy to redirect the https mail route, which works fine. What I'd like to do is further restrict this proxy to "only allow traffic from Mailgun".

The cleanest approach I'm aware of for this is simply to enable client certificate enforcement at the proxy, but it'd require your routing software to be able to provide certificates on request. I enabled optional client certificate checking to test it, but packet capture shows a response…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Document list of error codes, reasons, and event types that may be generated by Events

Currently, there is no documentation detailing the set of error codes and reasons that could appear in an Event. For event types, this appears to be the only available link https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-events.html#event-types but has some inconsistencies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide an automated warmup option

It is near impossoble to kmplement the warmup plan for transactional emails. (I can't control how many are sent per day). This should be automated by mailgun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reduce/Remove Billing Info Shown to Lower-Privileged Users

Currently, analyst role users can see the the invoices, payment method, and the last four card digits of the owner account. This seems like data the lowest-privileged role user should not have access to.

In fact, I don't see why anyone but the billing and admin accounts should have access to payment and billing info.

I would suggest making any financial information only accessible to the billing and admin user roles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Incoming (Route) Message Limits

I have the account limit setup, but still managed to surpass it almost 10x and end up with a large bill because "The custom message limit is for outgoing messages only. The messages you are seeing are for incoming messages(via routes)."

To not have alerting of unusual usage or max limit configuration is a scary prospect. Please advise!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add possibility to pay in euro

Actually european banks apply important fee on your invoice because they are in dollar. It is a real brake to develop your model in Europe.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change DKIM selector using the API

I'd like to set DKIM Selector for a domain using the API

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why each time user open the mail both callback opended hook,onece is enough This hook does not make sense,Please modify to once

Why each time user open the mail both callback opended hook,onece is enough This hook does not make sense,Please modify to once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. blacklist for ip adresses that abuse the read and open calls. If someone send 100.000 requests we could stop this missuse by having a blackl

A blacklist for ip adresses that abuse the read and open calls from tracking links. If someone send 100.000 requests we could stop this missuse by having a blacklist for the IP of the abusser. If someone is in the blacklist then the read or open requests and there. instead of being 100.000 opens in my statistics. Will save a lot of bandwith is my opion :)
    With regards Frank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mailing list editing easier ways...

Ideas to make editing "Mailing Lists" easier to use.

1) Make the "Recipient Address" and "Full Name" sortable on top
    2) Have the option to show more than just 25 emails on a page
    3) Have the arrows to the next page at the top as well

We have some mailing groups with several hundreds of people and it is very time consuming having to only see 25 at a time and also not be able to sort things/names so they could be arranged alphabetically takes a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a description field for each domain

We just need an easy way to remember what we are using each domain for. A simple description field would help us a TON.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an API method `tags/<tag>/stats/aggregates/total`

The new stats available via tags is great, but if I want the total stats for a particular tag, I have to get them grouped monthly and sum them myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ....store data from envelope for dropped Webhooks.

A lot of dropped Webhooks do not contain error or description what you can find in the Logs.

I received to this theme from Mailgun support this information: "From what I can see in the code, the data we post is sourced from the envelope. If the envelope is too old (no longer stored) it will not post with the dropped Webhook."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. role-based multi-user access restricted by domain

We were excited to discover the multi-user capability and are even more excited for the possibility of restricting access based on role and domain.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base