Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile avatar

I want to be able to set my profile picture when sending via MG thru Gmail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow developers to push (POST) "Clicked" events to Events API.

For cases in which we have to disable "Clicked" tracking due to conflict with "HSTS" subdomain setting, it would be useful to let us post the "Clicked" events to Mailgun Events API - this should allow us to view and search "Clicked" events on Mailgun logs even though we had to disable tracking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. implement SRS for forward()

in your routing, I wonder if you might be able to implement SRS on the forward() function? Perhaps forward("someone@example.com", "SRS") or some such? (Forwarded mails fail SPF at the destination without SRS).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter mailing lists by domain

Add a parameter so that it is possible to GET /lists/pages that are pre-filtered for a particular domain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add multi-user *back* into the free plan

Add multi-user back into the free plan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Webhook must contain a reason(description field) even if exceeded the retry attempts

When exceeded the retry attempts (reason => "old"), we are unable to know the actual reason in webhook parameter (dropped).

The reason might be included in webhook paramter (bounce).

But I would like to know it in dropped webhook paramters. I don't want to check the other resources.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Order suppressions in reverse chronological order

Currently suppression come up in random date order which is of no use and makes no useful sense.

Suppressions in reverse chronological order would be most helpful to see the most recent items added to the suppression list so ones that are added can easily be removed. Sendgrid does this and it makes removing items from the list much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enforce domain specific credentials

Currently I'm able to send e-mails from one domain using another domains SMTP credentials. It would enhance security to enforce that credentials are needed for the specific sending domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to purchase more recipients in sandbox domain.

I would like to use Mailgun from our test environment where I would send all mails to Mailgun (SMTP/API) but configure in the domain (sandbox has add recipient) the mail adresses that should realy be sent. The 5 recepients limit in Sandbox is not enough for our needs. A way to purchase more recipients and to enforce authorized recipients only from a sandbox domain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to assign tags based on pattern-matching rules

Currently, tage may be assigned to a message via the HTTP API or by specifying an X-Mailgun-Tag x-header when using the SMTP API. This is all well and good if your application allows you to change the SMTP headers, but if you do not have that ability, then no tag can be assigned.

Example: We have ERP software that generates system notifications, send invoices, statements, confirmations, purchase orders, etc. The only setting I have the ability to change is the SMTP server & credentials, as well as set the subject/body (and to, obviously) based on the message. I do not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. fully support non-ascii characters when attaching filenames

Currently mailgun API does not officially support non-ascii characters in filename attachments. There are workarounds but it would be nice if it was supported natively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Apply substitutions to BCC of Bulk Email

When doing Bulk Email with recipient variable substitutions, those substitutions are not applied to what is sent to the BCC address(es), so instead of getting a copy of what was actually sent to each of the normal recipients, the BCC is just the template.

I can imagine a variety of reasons why this might happen, but cannot come up with a reason why anyone would want it to work this way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add new Zapier actions to unsubscribe and/or remove a subscriber

The Zapier integration is really great but we do not find any actions for unsubscribing or removing a mailing list member.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Multiple Credit Cards with Fallback

Currently the system allows only one credit card. If the payment fails, for whatever reason, mailgun gives the user 7 days to make the payment.

It would be better to allow adding multiple credit cards, ordered by preference. If the preferred card payment fails, the system should try to charge the next preferred card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add # of Pages to API Events

The "paging" array in the events API should show the total number of results and the number of pages so you can iterate through multiple pages easily, knowing exactly where you are in the pagination. The current version of the API shows no count so you have to paginate through the results blindly. Not ideal and impossible to mitigate performance issues when handling many pages of results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. destination

Allow REGEX in hostname of destination url for webhook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add event id to Webhook events

Hi guys. We would like to support our clients without added CNAME same as the clients who have added.
    It's okay, we are getting the domain's CNAME info to check if the client's domain verified.

But, our main issue is we can't be 100% if an event has been added to our database or hasn't.

We have to make a unique index with the timestamp, event, messageid columns, this seems to be a bit dumb solution...

I can understand that the webhook events are coming to us before they would arrive at your storage, but you should solve this and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Limit monthly email quantities per SMTP Credential, per domain

I would like you to add a limit on the amount of messages that can be processed per month, for individual "SMTP Credential", for a given domain.

E.g. a domain "mydomain.com" has 3 SMTP Credentials: admin@mydomain.com, secretary@mydomain.com, and guest@mydomain.com

I would like to be able to specify how many monthly emails a specific SMTP Credential can send: admin@mydomain.com = unlimited, secretary@mydomain.com = 10,000, guest@mydomain.com = 1,000 emails per month.

Please add this feature.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Parse valid rfc 2822 dates

So the docs say 'start' parameter for tag/<tag>/stats should be in the format described in rfc2822: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-tags.html#tags

The rfc https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822.html#page-14 describes the timezone as (( "+" / "-" ) 4DIGIT) / obs-zone

But the API rejects dates in the format "Sun, 01 Jan 2017 00:00:00 -0000" with "failed to parse 'start', valid format is RFC 2822 or epoch time", which then works replacing "-0000" with "UTC".

The format with -0000 is also used in one of the examples in the API docs themselves: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-sending.html#examples

And it's what the buit-in python function email.utils.format_datetime formats datetime objects.

For the above reasons I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a Date Range Filter on the Analytics Page

Currently, we are only able to filter information on the "Analytics" page by day. It would be very beneficial to be able to filter by a date range for our data under the analytics page in a similar fashion to how the "Reporting" filter works (30, 60, 90, or custom day range).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base