Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exposed account credentials improvement

Account temporarily disabled:

Maybe disable the domain rather than the whole **** account. Or better yet, disable based on what was exposed. My whole account got suspended because I commited a single password to a public repo, then it affected all my services. It's over the top and ridiculous.

Thank you for reacting to a leaked password, but suspending the whole account because of one SMTP password is ridiculous. If I had 5-10 services using it, they would all go down because of a problem isolated to one user & password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make suppression columns sortable

It would be *extremely* useful to be able to sort unsubscribes and complains by date in Dashboard -> Suppressions, rather than by recipient. Even better, make all three columns (recipient, timestamp, tags) sortable. Preferably also allow the user to choose a default sorting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Engagement Table

Please add a totals row to the Engagement table. Ideally, you'd also show the total %'s of unique opens and clicks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide a WYSIWYG template Editor

Please make a better WYWIWYG email editor. Have a look at your competitors, like SendInBlue. There system is excellent. See attached image of their email editor. By comparison editing templates in MailGun is like living in a dark cave with no electricity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Increase max attachment size

Can we have options or features to allow the change of email attachment size accordingly.

For now, its limits to 25, but we look forward that we can adjust it accordingly to our policy but ensure within acceptable global standard such as 50MB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sanitize and/or parse addresses in headers for incoming email

Standard email headers such as FROM, CC, TO, SENDER, etc. contain email addresses, groups, or lists of addresses as described in RFC 5322.

Mailgun currently passes on the (transcoded) data as it is received, including any errors that buggy MUAs or ESPs may send. Moreover, most libraries only do very strict parsing; This forces developers to implement lenient parsing themselves to ensure all incoming email is accepted.

Mailgun could sanitize these fields in a way that we can really trust the headers and use a strict parser on them. That would be a big plus.

It would even BETTER if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide better template organization

Folder structure for handling large quantities of templates. We have MANY templates that fall into different categories, and it would be helpful to have a folder structure to simplify navigation and identification of templates when applying updates...rather than scrolling through a long list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter get tags by multiple filters

Hello guys,

I think we need a new features when we take the tags statistics, now we can set multiple tags for a message but we take the statistics only for one.

We need to can take statistics for 2 or 3 tags concatenated per message because, for example if I want to see how many clicked have a user for a specific marketing message I can't do this.

I can do a difference between stats, because I used the specific marketing email for many users and I used the specific user tag for multiple marketing tags.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
    In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. speed

Pageload takes about 30 seconds on a gigabit connection.

It'd be pretty great if it was at acceptable levels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easy viewing of outgoing emails.

It would be great if there was an easier way to view outgoing email. Quick View takes too long to render, links aren't clickable, the logs list is too polluted, and so on.

Just a simple list : sender, receiver, subject. Clicking it will render the email in your browser, with clickable links (no fancy server-side rendering-to-image stuff needed). Done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Log search

The new search seems flaky - im dont feel confident that the search results are correct. This is an example where it says there have been no sent that contain "d"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage account users via API

I'd like to be able to manage users via the Mailgun API. Right now, when a user leaves my organization, I don't see any way to remove their account other than logging in with a web browser, clicking around, and removing their account manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unsubscribe templates design

The two unsubscribe templates (the one that asks you for confirmation and the one with the ok message) have such very basic styling that makes this feature almost unusable. Just using the same styles as in your main site (fonts, colors) would give a much better impression.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Authorised Recipients include gmail "+" trick

I wish to have all email coming into a single gmail account (the account I registered with)

e.g. Authorised Recipients of name@gmail.com will cover me for using the "+" trick... so for name+test@gmail.com or name+anothertest@gmail.com or name+stilltest@gmail.com etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include region selection into the dashboard features

If I manually navigate to https://app.eu.mailgun.com/app/dashboard - it shows me proper information about my account. But when I try to navigate to any other tab, I got redirected to https://app.mailgun.com (without EU suffix) DNS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display internal failures in logs

If using an IP who's reputation has become tarnished to the point where several domains are rejecting emails long enough to be timed out, there is no longer a way to filter for that permanent failure. These "internal failure"s just drop away. They show a temporary fail for 8 hours, then nothing. No delivery, no permanent failure.

Please make these internal failures visible in the logs so they can be filtered / seen. There is not a good way to filter for "no longer retrying" emails. It's easy enough to filter for ONE email, follow it until it drops off…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Longer Message Details Retention Periods

Would like to be able to view the Message Details (MIME, content, etc) for longer than the 72 hour period after the message is sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Longer Log Retention

Log retention periods longer than 30 days

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base