Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make event filtering case insensitive

To clarify a bit: say we have a route matching "foo-bar@domain.com" with a store action. Mails coming in for FOO-BAR@domain.com and foo-bar@domain.com will all get stored correctly.

If we then query the event API for incoming mails for "foo-bar@domain.com" we will not see the mail for "FOO-BAR@domain.com". It seems that the event filtering is case sensitive. So we need a query for each possible capitalization in order to see all possible incoming messages.

(We tried using regular expressions with a flag to make it case insensitive, but it seems that regular expressions are…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement email notifications about selected issues

There are some delivery issues which usually warrant manual inspection and care by the administrative users. I feel that continuing to send emails to addresses that have ended up in the Bounces list would at least be one of them.

It would be convenient if the user could select certain common delivery issues like this and get a notification about them emailed to a specified email address. This email address could then be a mailing list for administrative personel who could look in to the error and see it they should act upon it.

It is possible to implement this…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add total hourly, daily tracking for email sends

Add the ability to track email sends (hourly) in the dashboard so they can be compared directly against opens. This would greatly improve the ability to assess best send times that garner the highest open/click rates for recipients by drilling down into open rate by the hour the email was sent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Messages can be scheduled for a maximum of 7 days in the future.

Messages can be scheduled for a maximum of 7 days in the future instead of 3.

If it's due to spam perhaps you can get people to verify their bank account etc.

The reason why this would be good is because i plan my release of products every weekend. The items will be released daily and so can my email be sent daily automatically. Well i mean it's easier for me.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Template Variable Logic

Allow logic to be included in templates to make decisions based on template variable data.

Example:
    {% if %recipient.name% %}
    Hi, %recipient.name%!
    {% else %}
    Hi!
    {% endif %}

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send logs into aggregators like Papertrail

I would love the ability to hook up my Mailgun account to a service like Papertrail (https://papertrailapp.com) so I can get access to emails more than 30 days old. We've had half a dozen cases in the last few weeks where we've needed to see if a receipt email was received, but since it was more than 30 days ago, we're out of luck.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set up a way to archive outgoing emails.

We send a lot of emails that are custom to the individual and would like a simple way to save them. Our email generators are on 20 or so amazon instances and we spin up and shut them down as needed. So we have 3 options: save the file and hope to dl before the box dies, send bcc to a stable box, or post to a webhook on a stable box.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have api keys specific to domains.

This would enable finer grained control for development teams that have multiple environments.

For example, credentials to send from development / sending domains would be different than the ones needed to send from the production domain.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic HTML style inlining

Hi there.

When designing HTML emails, having to use inline styles (style="xxxx") instead of CSS classes is a right old pain.

There are tools and libraries that can take a HTML document, and automatically 'inline' the CSS styles. E.g. http://beaker.mailchimp.com/inline-css

It would be AWESOME if there was an option to apply this transformation to a HTML email before it gets sent....

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  HTML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a feature of Disable / Enable link tracking by parameter

my idea is the you shoukd add a support for Disabling /Enabling link tracking by adding a parameter infront fo the link.
    the reason is thet somtimes like in "Please Remove Me..." the email address in the links is differenf for eache mail and therefor this is a uniq link. this info is not very useful when tracking a campagin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full fledged mobile app

create a full featured mobile app for android and ios (tables and phones) for managing accounts and viewing statistics

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mailing list join date

Show the date an email address has been added to a mailing list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Specify Outbound IP on Submit

Would be great to define the outbound IP address (of those in my pool), for which emails will deliver, upon submitting to the API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shorten Tracking URLs

The current URLs used for tracking link clicks are quite long. Offering a way to shorten them via Bit.ly or perhaps an custom shortened URL would be helpful.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a "Spam Probability" API

There should be an endpoint where you can submit the MIME of a message and get a spam probability score to determine deliverability.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. URLs for Attachments

Cloud services like filepicker.io make it really easy to handle file uploads, they handle the upload to S3 and simply give you a url. However, if I want to attach this file to a mailgun message, I need to download it to my server, create the multipart mime message, and then send it to mailgun. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just provide a list of urls, and mailgun would fetch these and add them to the message as attachments?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 21 22 23 25 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base