Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. total email delivered

In addition to reporting on opens and clicks, please include total emails delivered, filtered by date

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More authorized recipient with other payment options.

I would like mailgun to expand the number of limitation for authorized recipient. There's options for number of monthly email sending but there's no options for authorized recipient.
    I cannot get a domain so I need to more authorized recipient with sandbox domain. Is there no payment option for that? I can pay for it whatever the cost. Of cause not too much cost. Please let me know if you have flexible and exceptional payment options. I need less than 20 recipients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. set referer on tracked links

Add the ability to set the HTTP referer header on tracked links so that the site being linked to can see the traffic came from a MailGun click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Encryption

Please add the ability to encrypt individual emails. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. duplicate Mailing List

I would like to be able to duplicate a mailing list and perform minor changes to recipients to the duplicated one. Thus an option of duplicating mailing list would be useful.

However if "export recipients" from the existing mailing list could be in the appropriate format to be directly used to upload the csv file on the new mailing list, then duplication would not be necessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to disable logs for specific domain

This use case involves adding a private domain (its my family na.me). I would love to use mailgun for simple forwarding of first@na.me for various family members without the ability to snoop their messages.

If there were an option to at least disable content logging for this specific domain, I would happily use mailgung for that purpose.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bulk Send

Currently bulk send only lets you send a fixed email to multiple addresses. It would be great to send personalised emails in bulk, either by sending address, name, subject and body as an array, or by sending through a template with placeholders. Currently when we send out personalised marketing emails it takes hours to loop through the list and send one-by-one via the API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. wordpress

I'd love to see a WordPress plugin that would allow control of settings and show reporting while allowing the site to use Mailgun to send emails from it's domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  External Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a periodic (weekly) email update with latest deliverability numbers.

When my deliverability swings up or down I often don't see it until days or weeks later. A weekly email with my recent statistics would allow me to track it more easily (and give you the ability to upsell static IP's)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. resend

Add "batch resend" feature for failed messages within a time range.

Why this is an important feature:

If you've used a shared IP and use the mailgun API to send customer receipts, order confirmations etc, and the IP has been flagged for spam or blocked, you then purchase a dedicated IP, and now you need to resend the failed messages, today you have to do this manually, and if you have several hundred or thousands of messages, this is a extremely big waste of time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support the + alias for non-gmail domains

Currently, the mailbox_validation comes back as false for emails with the + alias trick (joe+alias@example.com) even if the domain is hosted by G-Suite

Support tells me this is a gmail only feature but that's not true, it works at least for hotmail.com and outlook.com emails too.

Why can't you just check the MX records to verify if the MX domain is one that supports the + alias trick?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sam's emails don't show in Win 10 Mail app

I'd love to read Sam's emails, but they don't show in the Windows 10 built-in Mail app. It just says "Download message and pictures", which does nothing.

Yes, this could be a flaw in the Mail app, but since the Mail app works with billions of other emails ... perhaps it's the template that's bad?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Edit Pending Email Queue (GUI and API)

When an email is submitted with a delayed delivery date (ie using the o:deliverytime' feature.) We have no control over that email after it is submitted.

However, sometimes there is a need to delete an email message that is in the queue but which delivery has not been attempted yet as the delivery time has not been reached.

Therefore my suggestion is adding a method that allows us to delete messages from the queue indvidually, or with search criteria. It would be desirable for me if this was an API call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. routes payloads in JSON instead on multipart/form

It'd be nice to have the payload of routes POSTs to be encoded in JSON instead of multipart or form encoding. Or even better, have the ability to choose

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filter known spammers based on IP

While sending an email originated in a user request (e.g. contact form) I would like provide the user IP to mailgun to let mailgun filter and drop the email if IP is known to be a spammer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great to have email notification for every webhook event

For instance it would be great to get emails notification for dropped emails, or other webhook events

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Testing/Staging functionality

It would be great to be able to send mail to a sandbox, but not have it sent out. Since, when testing an applications, emails come from a database or are retrieved dynamically, this would enable us to test email functionality from an application without having to create dummy emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exclude body of message from webhook payload

Webhook calls currently return all aspects of an email, including attachments. API Gateways tend to have a size limit on payloads so they can't process webhook calls that exceed the limit. It would be great if the webhook configuration would allow excluding certain items (like the email body) from the response.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put flags in for running away email validation of the same subset of emails over and over again.

When validating an automated mail queue, if the failed email (for whatever reason) does not trigger an update on the mail queue it can cause a feedback loop that the same emails are being checked repetitive. This causes exponential cost growth and undermines the API process as it requires constant supervision in case of glitch. Please include a digest report / error log that would make it easier to get quick reports if this happens

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base