What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

Have api keys specific to domains.

This would enable finer grained control for development teams that have multiple environments.

For example, credentials to send from development / sending domains would be different than the ones needed to send from the production domain.

109 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dominik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to Mailgun. We use the service for an application which is deployed to multiple environments, e.g. test, stage, prod, to which different people have access. I guess this a very common scenario.

Mailgun is a great service. I was very surprised to figure out, that Mailgun does not support creating multiple API keys or managing API keys independent of a Mailgun user. I spent time in the documentation while thinking "it cannot be the case that they do not have it while they offer such a bunch of other great features".

Now I am wondering, if creating multiple API keys is on the roadmap?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature, our API Key has been compromised and there is no way to generate a new key or replace the on we have!

Any updates on if this will ever be implemented? This is pretty critical to a reasonable development workflow because now you either need multiple accounts or to use production keys in devel.

• Bret Weinraub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really nice. Mailgun is a nice service, but I'm feeling like I need to create a new account for every domain.......

crazy this hasn't been done, there are very high profile examples of security breaches due to developers losing prod API keys - in my country this could lead to multimillion-dollar fines if private user data was to be leaked

• Chris Moyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And the ability to reset them... right now I can't even do that. What happens when my API key gets stolen?

• Orion N McClelland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need this as I am providing service to a client, and I don't feel comfortable that the client has free access to my API key in the mailgun wordpress plugin. That's not a very secure approach.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Update on this DEV team? Seems like a very critical security feature

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base