Skip to content

Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Multiple API Keys

Option to have multiple API keys, for example: client 1 has the API key exposed, we now have to roll this key, and update all clients using it.

Whereas, if we had multiple keys, we'd only need to roll and update that one client using the key.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your feedback here. We've recently released the ability to create multiple API keys for your Mailgun account. Additionally, we've enhanced the security of the keys such that they are now hashed vs just encrypted (this does mean that once you generate a key and close the modal, we will be unable to display it in plain text, so be sure to store your key safely).

2. Allow for Shorter SMTP Credentials

t is important to us as a customer to be able to edit our SMTP credentials. Our system is limited to a password character max of 8 characters. I respect you security effort in generating a very long password but, this will not work for us. Please pass this on to those who need to know. Thank you so much for your consideration is this matter.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support SAML SSO

Support SAML SSO as well as oAuth or OpenID

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enhance DMARC By Adding the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol

Mailgun should enhance their mail engine MTA to use the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) protocol with all inbound and forwarded messages that go through Mailgun.

There are 2 situations where this will help. When evaluating inbound emails and the DMARC policy of the sending domain is checked and fails or when Mailgun receives an email sent to a mailing list that, in turn, sends the message to all mailing list members.

For both these scenarios, if a DMARC check is done and the original sending party has a policy of quarantine or reject, it is possible for these valid emails…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi folks,

We have released support for ARC. We now evaluate DKIM/SPF and add signed ARC headers if messages are forwarded using our Routes (inbound emails), as well as messages that are sent to or are replied to on a mailing list.

Please let our support team know if you encounter any issues with this release!

5. Disable click tracking on specific links

It would be great to add the ability to disable click tracking only for some specific links in an email.

In know that you can disable click tracking for all links in an email, but I couldn't find anything about doing it only for a specific link.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that we've added the ability to disable click-tracking (URL rewriting) on specific links.

You can disable click tracking for a specific link by including the html attribute disable-tracking=true in the html tag of the link. e.g. <a href="http://mailgun.com" disable-tracking=true>Mailgun</a>

6. Please add the ability to whitelist an address so it does not continue to be bounced.

Simple white list to keep addresses from ending up in the bounce list.
    Thanks

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your patience!

I’m happy to announce that we’ve released the ability to add addresses/domains to a bounce suppression whitelist. If an address/domain is on the whitelist, it will not be added to the bounce suppressions list if the address bounces. Keep in mind that we will still suppress unsubscribes and complaints. Also keep in mind that if the address is already on the bounce suppressions list before adding the address to the whitelist, you will need to remove it in order to send to the address.

API docs are available here: https://documentation.mailgun.com/en/latest/api-suppressions.html#whitelists

Whitelists are also available via our Beta control panel. If you’re not currently in our Beta and would like access, please feel free to email me directly, otherwise, we expect to launch our new control panel to the public within the next month.

7. ip whitelisting for smtp sending

the vast majority of our sending is sent by one IP, the ability to whitelist use of the API and SMTP sending to that IP would make sending much more secure.

Also a fail2ban style policy such that should someone get an API key or SMTP credential wrong 5 times in succession that they should not be able to try again for x minutes and then increasing.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add subject and from to templates

Feature request: Add a subject and a from: field to the templates. That way we can change a subject line without redeploying our server-side software.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience here. We have added the ability to store From address, Subject and Reply-to headers directly to a template. This is available via our API (pass headers parameter with JSON key:value dictionary when creating or updating a template), as well as our UI. You can then send a message with just the recipient and template name.

9. Use https protocol instead http in tracking url

Now we have troubles with removing our domain from blacklist because of using non-secure protocol in tracking pixel: http:email.ourdomain.com/bla-bla-bla. Your system doesn't provide ability to use https now, but it would be very useful to provide it

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Just to provide closure here - Mailgun does support secured tracking links. We offer an industry first certificate hosting on our side that does not require complex and costly CDN management. Reach out to our support team for assistance.

10. Search log easily by email address

Make logs properly searchable. We used to be able to put a single email address in the logs search box, and see log entries confined to email sent to that address specifically. However, this no longer works, it looks like the search queries everything that contains the address (e.g. message body and the like)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change DKIM selector using the API

I'd like to set DKIM Selector for a domain using the API

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically warm up new Dedicated IP's

When a new dedicated IP is assigned to a domain, Mailgun should have the option to automatically 'warm' the IP.
    If the user selects this option, the IP should be used to send 10000 the first day, 11000 the second, etc until warmed. Currently there is no way to restrict the number of emails sent via the IP.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to describe IP Whiltelist entry

Currently, when you add an IP to the IP Whitelist, there isn't a way to add a description. The result is just a list of IPs. It would be great to add a description to an IP (for example: "Azure functions") so that we know what IPs are there and why.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Login form with login and password shown at the same time

Please, update the login page so that I can use my password manager to fill both login and password at the same time. The way it is now, I have to tell the password manager to fill the login, click ok, tell the password manager to fill the password, click ok.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a WYSIWYG template Editor

Please make a better WYWIWYG email editor. Have a look at your competitors, like SendInBlue. There system is excellent. See attached image of their email editor. By comparison editing templates in MailGun is like living in a dark cave with no electricity.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable HTTPS on eu.mailgun.org

Hi! Please enable HTTPS on eu.mailgun.org because I can't configure Tracking.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please Turn of CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot for Those with 2FA

Hi Guys:

I have 2-factor switched on with you... super-hi secure. I don't even allow the texting version - Google Authenticator only, so my Mailgun account is really very secure.

However, for the best of reasons, you've implemented the CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot step where one has to recognize cars, mountains, traffic lights etc... BEFORE the 2-step. It's an annoying extra step that no other site requires for folks with 2FA enabled.

Can you please get rid of it for those of us who've already done the secure thing and switched on 2-step please?

Happy Holidays...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Webhook for all events (add `accepted`, `rejected`)

"accepted" "rejected" events are not available in webhooks. Adding them to webhooks would help our system track all emails not just "delivered" or "bounced" in the same way as all the other events.

"delivered" or "failed" events already fires for every email so adding "accepted" wouldn't increase the system load that much but would greatly help systems that need it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Wanted to post an update that Mailgun now supports an Accepted event webhook. Further there is nothing on the roadmap regarding a rejected webhook. Feel free to repost this as a new feature request regarding need for a 'rejected' webhook.

19. RESTORE the old Resend functionality of auto-populating the address

When I click the cog to RESEND a bounced email, it USED TO fill in the bounced email address so that I could just click OK or make a quick edit to it, but now it comes up EMPTY so I have to retype the address from scratch. Can you please restore the previous functionality?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for bulk import of suppression addresses

Can you please consider creating a bulk .csv list import option for emails/lists we want to add to the suppression list? I'd like to sort the UN-deliverable emails that export from Validation job, and to be able to import a bulk list of these email addresses to add to the Suppression List. Right now I only see a way of doing it one-at-a-time within the Mailgun UI. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base