General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. make it possible to send webhooks without attachments

Under the documentation for "Tracking Failures," there's a notation about the parameters included in the POST request that includes the following:

-----
    attachment-x attached file (‘x’ stands for number of the attachment). Attachments are included if the recipient ESP includes them in the bounce message. They are handled as file uploads, encoded as multipart/form-data.
    -----

I don't know what kind of attachments might be included in such a situation, but I would like to avoid sending any attachments in the POST request because that will only waste server resources and potentially interfere with other requests hitting my servers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional Debug Logs required for easy troubleshooting

We would like to have the following additional logging (to have the server IP to which mailgun is delivering the message) in the Logs section (https://mailgun.com/cp/log) Mailserver log section in the web service
    Current Logs in the mailgun taken as an example
    09/23/14 01:03 AM Will retry in 3600 seconds: noreply@marriottevent.com katie.l.clark@marriottt.com 'Meeting Services App: Event Meeting Detail' Server response: 499 Unable to connect to MX servers: [marriottt.com]
    09/20/14 01:03 AM Will retry in 1800 seconds: noreply@marriottevent.com katie.l.clark@marriottt.com 'Meeting Services App: Request Actions Server Response : 421 42 4.7.1 <Katie.l.clark@marriott.com> recipient server address rejected

Expected Logs…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase max route limit

The current limit is 5,000 routes and is a hard set limit that cannot be changed. It's an account based limit, rather than domain based, so you're likely to reach this limit quicker if you use multiple domains.

It would be useful if you could increase this limit.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recepient Server listed in the Log

We need to add additional debug logs in mailgun Logs, so that we know the mail is getting deliver to which domain (Whether could be Primary or Secondary).

By doing this we can easily isolate if any mails is getting rejected from which domain and not depending on each other.

Please take a request and let me know

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overall API for a health status check

1 feature i need to implement is our service need to check the downstream health periodically. Is there any API that i can call to see if the api mailgun provided is healthy

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DNS records information sent via email

When we add a domain we are presented with the 5 DNS records that are to be added.
    The dns records are presented nicely in the DNS success page. However, if you are not the one that will be entering the DNS record into the provider, then the manual copying of each the DNS records into an email is an error-prone hassle.

In most situations, we have to send the DNS records via email to someone else who will enter them. This means copy and paste of those 5 records. It may not seem like much, but it takes awhile…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sending mail to recipients in a mailing list based on certain variables

While sending an email to a mailing list, I want to be able to pass in some criteria. And only the members matching the criteria should receive the email.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to be able to delete all bounces for a specified domain so I can clear bounces caused by receiver server failure.

currently the bounce API only allows me to retrieve 1000 at a time, so the scripting I implemented on my end is error prone and can require multiple runs. It would also be nice to be able to search bounces by domain rather than by email.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an md5 hash to the attachment object in the API

I would like to save myself from having download an attachment if I already have a matching file stored locally.

Our organisation sends out alot of product brochure that are mostly all identical.

Rather than download this attachment in our application, I would use the copy I have on hand. Saving alot of bandwidth/server load

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding string to subject when forwarding

When creating a route and forwarding and email it would be great if I could add a string to the subject.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mark a received message as spam

Ability to mark a received message (false positive) as spam through the web interface and/or API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Route support unsecure HTTP but when HTTPS is used, A Grade cert is required

You can use HTTP for a route to post meaning it supports unsecured communication but when you switch to HTTPS, it enforces A Grade HTTPs certs.

We should be able to use self-issued or lower grade certs. Similar to curl -k, mailgun route should support "skip cert validation".

This is especially important for our QA, Stage type environments where buying highest grade cert financially does not make any sense

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow query string parameters on Route URIs

Currently, if you put any query string parameters onto a route URI (such as https://mydomain.ext/path?live) the route will not work and, as far as I can tell, it won't show any error messages or warnings.

I propose that query string parameters are allowed, or at least ignored, and this added to the documentation and/or as a warning when entering them in the Routes page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let me pay extra to get > 30 days log retention

We would like to pay you guys real money to have the option to extend our log retention...there have been many cases where we need more than 30 days, and we dont want to setup webhook or anything external...your UI is perfectly good!

...you like money right

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Routes Pricing

Cleaner pricing verbiage around Routes on the pricing page or FAQ.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base