General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. API : Add an API method to download attachment for inbound emails.

Right now mailgun SDK provides no method to download attachment given we have the URL. Only method is to download the attachment via language specific libraries like open-uri for ruby and we have to pass parameters for authorization. It would be great if there is a pre-built method to download attachments easily

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. API: List all stored messages

It would be nice to have the option to list all the stored messages (excluding the deleted ones).

Today the only way to get the list of stored messages is to get it by the events API, so there's no way to get only the non-deleted messages, or to get all the stored messages in a single request.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add wildcard search to mailing lists & logs

The search feature should allow for some sort of partial or wildcard search (eg. "@domain.com" or "m@domain.com" or even just on name

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. implement a test api key

In Mailgun you should be able to use a test api key to experiment with Mailgun's API. No mail should be sent, but webhooks should trigger normally and you should be able to generate synthetic bounces and complaints without impacting your reputation.

This also lets the developer to setup a development environment that is similar to the production environment without the risk of sending any mails by misstake.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix email tracking with SSL websites

Using email tracking with SSL website prevents user to perform the action with Google Chrome.
    If you use SSL with HSTS, it triggers big warning in Chrome when the user click on the link http://cl.ly/image/0A373O2r3539

Email tracking in mailgun is performed by replacing links in email by a custom subdomain setup in the admin panel, ie email.domain.com which as to be configured as a CNAME for mailgun.org.

Chrome will try to access httpS://email.domain.com which will fail because the underlying server is mailgun.org and not domain.com's server.

Proposed Solution:
    Instead of pointing email.domain.com => mailgun.org, configure your server for https://email.domain.com and…

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add bounce and complaint route actions

https://documentation.mailgun.com/api-routes.html#actions

It could be usefull for testing/debuging bounces or complaints.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allowed ip addresses for sending messages

Allowing the smtp account and the api to be used from specified ip addresses would greatly enhance security for sends.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent duplicate emails to same recipient

We had a bug on our end that sent the same message to the same recipient thousands of times—resulting in thousands of spam reports while we were oblivious until months later.

While there are things we could do on our end to improve quality control and ops, etc., it would be amazing if Mailgun could provide a duplicate detection feature. I'm imagining saving a hash of content for sent messages, and catching any time we repeat the content to any recipient. A repeat could be prevent, or an alert sent, or both.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the option to view/search Logs for all domains at once

While in the Logs tab, it would be very helpful to have the option to view/search logs for all of our domains at one time instead of one by one individually. This could be simply integrated by adding an "All Domains" option at the very top of the domain drop down in the Logs tab.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let me pay extra to get > 30 days log retention

We would like to pay you guys real money to have the option to extend our log retention...there have been many cases where we need more than 30 days, and we dont want to setup webhook or anything external...your UI is perfectly good!

...you like money right

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a route to filter by sender

I suggest you add the ability to create routes that can filter by sender, for example:

1. a@b.com sends an e-mail to @support.alerts.jp, the e-mail gets action 1

2. b@b.com sends an e-mail to @support.alerts.jp, the e-mail gets action 2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Email me when one of my domains falls out of verification

If something happens to my DNS records and the domain gets un-verified, I need to know about it. Because of the 300 daily messages allowed on unverified domains, I have time to fix the problem before being cut off completely, but only if I KNOW about it!

Maybe this isn't common, but it's happened to me more than once now. Sometimes it's an issue with my DNS provider. Sometimes an included SPF record changes, causing the "too many DNS lookups" error.

I get an email if you automatically verify one of my domains, so why not also one when you…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow cancelling an email via API

I'd like to be able to cancel a pending email via the API. eg If we don't get a 'delivered' or 'bounced' webhook within 10 minutes, it probably means that the email was delayed in some way (throttled by receipient or some other soft bounce) and at that point we'd like to cancel the sending of that email so that we can resend through other methods without the recipient later getting a duplicate message once the message finally goes through with you.
    I'd suggest the MessageId as the key for use for cancelling since it is returned from the sending…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bulk delete mailing list members via API

Currently the API allows POSTing a CSV list of users to be added to a mailing list.

I would like to POST a list of users in CSV who should be deleted from a mailing list

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a better way to determine campaign engagement

I really like the campaign feature. When I am trying to see if I have improved engagement with a campaign though, it I don't think it is possible with the current UI.

For example, lets say that I change the copy in a campaigns only email. I want to see if that increases the click and open percentages. I can see that Unique Click number goes up, but it could just be because I sent more emails in the latest month. It is not expressed as a %.

It would be good to see if the percentage has gone up…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Specify reply-to for everyone mailing list

I would like to be able to specify a reply-to address when a mailing list is set to everyone. Currently it is overwritten to the mailing list address.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Based on some feedback I’ve received so far on the latest update, I’m going to put this idea back into “planned.” It seems there are use cases that the change we rolled out does not solve for. Ideally, to solve these other use cases, we would have a “reply-to” option on the list itself in our control panel where you can set it to “mailing list address” or “author”. Would this functionality work for those where the reply-to header does not solve for?

18. DNS records information sent via email

When we add a domain we are presented with the 5 DNS records that are to be added.
    The dns records are presented nicely in the DNS success page. However, if you are not the one that will be entering the DNS record into the provider, then the manual copying of each the DNS records into an email is an error-prone hassle.

In most situations, we have to send the DNS records via email to someone else who will enter them. This means copy and paste of those 5 records. It may not seem like much, but it takes awhile…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unsubscribe page for users (Mailing Lists)

Make a template editing unsubscribe page (use this template in the mailing lists). Suggest using the editing unsubscribe page for use in various languages ​​(e.g. Russian, French, German, etc.), similar to the design of the main site, and more.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search Bounces by domain name

Would like the option to search all bounces by domain name. We have had issues with a couple of our member firms where most emails in their companies bounced back and they have whitelisted us, but we have to remove them from the bounce list to be able to resend the emails when this happens. We have to individually search by each email address with the way it is currently setup and would rather search for everyone on that domain.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base