General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. Routes Pricing

Cleaner pricing verbiage around Routes on the pricing page or FAQ.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support default callback webhooks for all domains in my account

When I create a new sending domain, I need to configure the webhooks again. These are the same URLs for every domain, so it would be easier if I could set this for my account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Webhook

Webhook for Disabled Domains

The new hook would let us view a list of domain that have been disabled by our outbound spam filter in the last 30 days.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allowed ip addresses for sending messages

Allowing the smtp account and the api to be used from specified ip addresses would greatly enhance security for sends.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make it possible to send webhooks without attachments

Under the documentation for "Tracking Failures," there's a notation about the parameters included in the POST request that includes the following:

attachment-x attached file (‘x’ stands for number of the attachment). Attachments are included if the recipient ESP includes them in the bounce message. They are handled as file uploads, encoded as multipart/form-data.

I don't know what kind of attachments might be included in such a situation, but I would like to avoid sending any attachments in the POST request because that will only waste server resources and potentially interfere with other requests hitting my servers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recepient Server listed in the Log

We need to add additional debug logs in mailgun Logs, so that we know the mail is getting deliver to which domain (Whether could be Primary or Secondary).

By doing this we can easily isolate if any mails is getting rejected from which domain and not depending on each other.

Please take a request and let me know

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mark a received message as spam

Ability to mark a received message (false positive) as spam through the web interface and/or API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Affiliate program

Would love to be a part of an affiliate program to offer my clients their OWN account!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show API errors in MG logs

An example would be seeing this response in your logs:

{"message":"'to' parameter is not a valid address. please check documentation"}

I think this is important when you send batch requests because then things aren't always as clear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide deep linking support (universal links) by client proxy

Today it is already possible for Mailgun clients to get deep linking working.

e.g.: Set up Cloudfront "in front of" Mailgun, proxying everything to malign, except the requests for association files.

This comes at one big downside. The IP resolution is now based on what ever AWS instance handled the request, not the client IP.
    It should be easy to use the Client IP as given by the proxy.

For extra security, Mailgun could require the proxy to add a special header, to be sue the info is indeed coming from a trusted source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. unable to establish a TLS connection

I wonder if this kind of error occurs, do you have any retry principle?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inbound verification of DKIM signature

From what I understand based on responses to another support ticket, incoming messages that are processed via mailgun routes are not validated using DKIM. This would seem to pose a security hole. Consider the following scenario:

• A malicious sender creates a message and signs it using DKIM (but the signature is bad because the sender does not have the private DKIM key.)

• This message is received by mailgun for processing via routes.
      ** The DKIM signature is not verified by mailgun (according to what I have been told by mailgun support.)

• Mailgun may add new headers to the message and…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Email validation should be Pay-as-you-go compatible

There is Flex plan which aligns with modern approach to Pay-as-you-go but unfortunately it does not include Email validation feature.
    Hence, the feature is not Pay-as-you-go compatible which feels as inconsistency in Mailgun offerings.
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to increase per-validation pricing high enough to make having it in Flex commercially resonable.
    From another side, I would like to have this option charged on Pay-as-you-go basis along with other features of the Flex plan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Setup was missing a step

Your instructions had me create 2 DNS records: TXT and CNAME. It would not work until I added a 3rd: had to have an "A" record for the "mg" subdomain. Cost me several hours of testing and log reading to figure that out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add unsubscribe footers to emails sent via "everyone" / "members" mailing list

Currently, if you set up a mailing list, add people to it and select the access level to "everyone" or "members" you have a good old fashioned email discussion list where people use their regular email clients to access (ie we are not talking about programmatic access here).

But - even when you enable "unsubscribes" in the mailgun admin - unsubscribe links are NOT appended to each email received via the list.

After a lengthy discussion with support they tell me this is as the system is designed and the footer only gets added if people send via Mailgun's SMTP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Seemed ok at first, but many emails not delivered to recipients without any issue notification.

Many recipients failed to receive my email and no issues were reported. Lack the experience or subject matter expertise to track-down the issue(s).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Route support unsecure HTTP but when HTTPS is used, A Grade cert is required

You can use HTTP for a route to post meaning it supports unsecured communication but when you switch to HTTPS, it enforces A Grade HTTPs certs.

We should be able to use self-issued or lower grade certs. Similar to curl -k, mailgun route should support "skip cert validation".

This is especially important for our QA, Stage type environments where buying highest grade cert financially does not make any sense

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow query string parameters on Route URIs

Currently, if you put any query string parameters onto a route URI (such as https://mydomain.ext/path?live) the route will not work and, as far as I can tell, it won't show any error messages or warnings.

I propose that query string parameters are allowed, or at least ignored, and this added to the documentation and/or as a warning when entering them in the Routes page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base