General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. Add the option to view/search Logs for all domains at once

While in the Logs tab, it would be very helpful to have the option to view/search logs for all of our domains at one time instead of one by one individually. This could be simply integrated by adding an "All Domains" option at the very top of the domain drop down in the Logs tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow cancelling an email via API

I'd like to be able to cancel a pending email via the API. eg If we don't get a 'delivered' or 'bounced' webhook within 10 minutes, it probably means that the email was delayed in some way (throttled by receipient or some other soft bounce) and at that point we'd like to cancel the sending of that email so that we can resend through other methods without the recipient later getting a duplicate message once the message finally goes through with you.
    I'd suggest the MessageId as the key for use for cancelling since it is returned from the sending…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase max route limit

The current limit is 5,000 routes and is a hard set limit that cannot be changed. It's an account based limit, rather than domain based, so you're likely to reach this limit quicker if you use multiple domains.

It would be useful if you could increase this limit.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sending mail to recipients in a mailing list based on certain variables

While sending an email to a mailing list, I want to be able to pass in some criteria. And only the members matching the criteria should receive the email.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SMTP batch sending without using mailing lists

It should be possible to do batch sending without messing with low-level MIME or having to use mailing lists - it would be very convenient if it were possible to do batch sending through SMTP and simply supply the recipient (JSON) variables through a header field such as the current 'X-Mailgun-Variables'.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SMTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Monetise small improvements

Hi there. I've been using your great free service for the last 6 months. I run a very small charity site for alumni of Save the Children. Don't worry - I'm not asking for a freebie!
    It seems to me there is a large gap between your free service and your lowest cost billable service - which my charity can't afford. I wonder if you could make more money and offer customers a better service with low cost annual subscriptions for specific small features. Here's an example. The limit of 1,000 emails a day for my site is fine. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Retrieve Rendered Message via API

The new capability to show a rendering of the message on the dashboard is fantastic, but would be nice if we could request this via the API for display on our side.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. API : Add an API method to download attachment for inbound emails.

Right now mailgun SDK provides no method to download attachment given we have the URL. Only method is to download the attachment via language specific libraries like open-uri for ruby and we have to pass parameters for authorization. It would be great if there is a pre-built method to download attachments easily

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mailing List Member as Authorized Sends

To have the capability for me to set certain mailing list members as authorized sends, rather than an all or nothing situation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional Debug Logs required for easy troubleshooting

We would like to have the following additional logging (to have the server IP to which mailgun is delivering the message) in the Logs section (https://mailgun.com/cp/log) Mailserver log section in the web service
    Current Logs in the mailgun taken as an example
    09/23/14 01:03 AM Will retry in 3600 seconds: noreply@marriottevent.com katie.l.clark@marriottt.com 'Meeting Services App: Event Meeting Detail' Server response: 499 Unable to connect to MX servers: [marriottt.com]
    09/20/14 01:03 AM Will retry in 1800 seconds: noreply@marriottevent.com katie.l.clark@marriottt.com 'Meeting Services App: Request Actions Server Response : 421 42 4.7.1 <Katie.l.clark@marriott.com> recipient server address rejected

Expected Logs…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Logs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a route action to reject incoming emails (ie do not even process them)

Currently, the stop() action merely stops all subsequent routes. The email that matches the conditions is still processed (and therefore charged). As such, a potential attacker (say a determined competitor) can inflict a huge bill on a mailgun domain by sending a large amount of emails to that domain.

My suggestion is to have an action that will ignore a sender / sending domain entirely and refuse to accept some emails with the action.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. API Key Permissions/Restrictions to Reduce the Impact of a Leaked Key

Security Feature:

It should be possible to restrict the call types that your API key is able to make in order to reduce the impact of a leaked/breached key.

For example, if my API key is accidentally exposed, an attacker could then go on to exfiltrate data from my account.

If it were possible to lock down your API key so that it can only make certain call types, the impact of such a breach would be drastically reduced.

For example, I could lock down my key so that it is only permitted to add/send emails to a particular mailing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow DNS if Domain becomes Disabled

Dear Mailgun,

Firstly, I'm all for protecting IP reputation and clean mailing lists. However, we accidentally uploaded our whole list today, not the filtered one based on use of Bounce/Unsubscribe APIs. We quickly hit a bounce limit, especially as the older records are a lot dirtier.

We completely understand a block of the domain and the halt of the distribution and any further messages, but blocking clickable links in successfully received messages is really embarrassing, particularly on behalf of a client. Ironically, recipients cannot unsubscribe either.

Keep up the good work :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase limit of number of mailing lists that can be created.

The current limit of 1000 mailing lists/account is insufficient.
    Increase it to at least 10,000.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a route to filter by sender

I suggest you add the ability to create routes that can filter by sender, for example:

1. a@b.com sends an e-mail to @support.alerts.jp, the e-mail gets action 1

2. b@b.com sends an e-mail to @support.alerts.jp, the e-mail gets action 2

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wordpress Plugin Update & Error Reports

The Mailgun Plugin for WordPress needs to be updated. https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailgun/ I am a fan of MailGun and want to see you all succeed. Currently there is a warning banner on the WordPress plugin repository saying that the plugin has not been tested with the last 3 major releases of WordPress. This plugin currently has over 90,000 installs - I'm sure many are paying customers.

Also, it would be great to integrate error reporting into the plugin so WordPress is notified when an email fails to send. This way other plugins, such as WP Mail Log, can pick up and report…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Free Chat Support for Initial Setup Only

I understand that Mailgun should have premium plans and that those plans should have premium services. However, I believe when it comes to getting Mailgun to work for the first time, chat and phone services should be available. After the Mailgun is being used, because it works, then those premium services should no longer be available. I just don't think clients should have issues trying to setup their CNAME, TEXT, MX, etc. and then have no recourse to help them use the actual product. Mailgun should encourage the setup, not discourage it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The final failed retry event for a no MX message should have permanent severity.

When a message is sent to a domain without an MX record (498), mailgun attempts to send the message for up to 8 hours. Each attempt will be recorded as a failed event with severity = "temporary". The reason is set to "generic" for each attempt except the final attempt which is set to "old".

This final attempt failure event should have severity = "permanent" so you can use the Permanent Failure webhook to observe this dropped message.

Currently, you must also use the Temporary Failure webhook and inspect the reason property to see if the temporary failure is effectively…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base