Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a "Spam Probability" API

There should be an endpoint where you can submit the MIME of a message and get a spam probability score to determine deliverability.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add admin users free for limited time

Problem: Your free-level customers who need help from a third-party tech shouldn't have to choose between paying to add a user or turning off 2FA.

Backstory: My host detected a setup problem and and asked me for admin access, but your feature to add users is behind your paywall. That meant I had to either pay for a user that wouldn't need long-term access or temporarily turn off my two-step verification. The later was the obvious-but-disturbing choice, and I considered quitting Mailgun over it.

Proposed solution: Enable the add-user feature for base-level accounts for one extra admin user only, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to assign tags based on pattern-matching rules

Currently, tage may be assigned to a message via the HTTP API or by specifying an X-Mailgun-Tag x-header when using the SMTP API. This is all well and good if your application allows you to change the SMTP headers, but if you do not have that ability, then no tag can be assigned.

Example: We have ERP software that generates system notifications, send invoices, statements, confirmations, purchase orders, etc. The only setting I have the ability to change is the SMTP server & credentials, as well as set the subject/body (and to, obviously) based on the message. I do not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easy Forward User to User Emails with masked Email Adresses

Some Apps allow User to User communication via Email (example LinkedIn). These App creates virtual Email Addresses to hide the original Email Address, either for the purpose of privacy or for intersecting the communication via store() or forward() routes, either to save the conversation in the system or simply to forward the email to the real address.

Where this works great for Emails without attachments, we could save some expensive roundtrips with emails that have attachments.
    In that case all attachments have to be downloaded first to the App Server and then send to mailgun again, although mailgun has these…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide view only accounts

We identified a clear need to set up some view only accounts for our developers to enable them to interrogate data and review potential issues in Mailgun.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Offer servers/IPs in locations other than the U.S.

For various privacy/legal reasons it would be good to have servers in non U.S. regions/zones. (Kind of like what AWS does.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Searching of logs in the dashboard should support gmail style searching e.g. to:name@domain.com

It would be useful to search for terms in specific field explicitly. At the moment searching for an email address will match on From as well as To fields.
    Gmail supports search terms of the form "to:name@domain.com" or "from:name@domain.com"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Check email status in one API call

Many times I need to check the "status" of a user (email address). Status means I need to check if it appears in any of the suppression lists (bounces, unsubscribes, complaints).

Example use-cases:
    1) Before send email to that user, I want to make sure you will handle the email;
    2) While presenting "user account" window, I want to tell the user his subscription status.

However, to achieve this I need to perform 3 different API calls, one for each suppression type.

Is it possible to add API call that will return for a given address whether it appears in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Individually identify the hyperlinks in an email design to track which are being used

The click tracking data currently provided provided appears to roll up click activity in an email to the URL level. For example, if an email contains a text link in body copy and a button image...and both are hyperlinked to the same target URL you cannot distinguish which one of the two links a user used when a click is recorded.

Being able to do this would provide insight to designers, helping them compare layouts for optimized response performance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to specify alternative tracking domain.

If I have verified

domain.com
    domain.co.uk
    domain.net

I would like to be able to use domain.net as the tracking domain for messages sent via domain.com and domain.co.uk

This helps resolve issues with SSL and also more domain control.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to delete support tickets

It's so annoying to see solved tickets there since I always try to keep the layout as much clean as I can. Unecessary information showing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tag stored / existing messages

Today is only possible to tag messages in the moment you send them, not being possible to tag existing messages and stored (inbound) messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Usaing utf8mb4 for sending emoji in subject

Hello,
    We are trying to send emoji characters such as

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to see the contents of mail log

I want to see the contents of the email log, I find it convenient if viewing the contents of the email was sent
    Thanks you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unsubscribe email based on tag

For url based unsubscribes you can either do: all, mailing list, or tag. With email unsubscribes there is only an option for all. It would be nice to have mailing list and tag based unsubscribes (ex: %tagunsubscribeemail% and %mallinglistunsubscribe_email%).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add tracking of email delete event (and a webhook)

Some gateways can track when a customer deletes an email. This is an important indication of the recipient's attitude towards the email received, especially for marketing emails, but also for other types.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forward mail to mailgun server for receiving Emails (instead via MX record)

Hello mailgunners,
    wouldn't it be a nice possibility to receive inbound Emails via forwarding? We mostly cannot point to mailgun mailserver via MX record. But we could configure the Email addresses in question to be forwarded to some-cryptic-mailbox-name-dedicated-to-our-domain@inbound-or-whatever.mailgun.org.
    Greetings from Germany,
    Tobias Jamin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disablement process needs to be improved

The account disable process as currently defined is somewhat user-hostile. There are a couple small items that would make the actual experience less disruptive and easier for everyone to resolve. First and foremost, disabling the logs page on the impacted domain seems to be counter productive. I was hoping to be able to investigate for malicious behavior via those logs. Disabling the page means that I had to waste the time of the support staff to help root cause the problem (thanks again Raquel!). Secondly, the quick-pass onboarding process doesn't call out that inbound messages can impact the operation of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand the stripped-text feature to other languages, e.g. german

I'm happy to help and I'm glad you open sourced this library, but please let pull requests in and ship it to production :)

https://github.com/mailgun/talon/pull/23

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base