General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. Add unsubscribe footers to emails sent via "everyone" / "members" mailing list

Currently, if you set up a mailing list, add people to it and select the access level to "everyone" or "members" you have a good old fashioned email discussion list where people use their regular email clients to access (ie we are not talking about programmatic access here).

But - even when you enable "unsubscribes" in the mailgun admin - unsubscribe links are NOT appended to each email received via the list.

After a lengthy discussion with support they tell me this is as the system is designed and the footer only gets added if people send via Mailgun's SMTP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monetise small improvements

Hi there. I've been using your great free service for the last 6 months. I run a very small charity site for alumni of Save the Children. Don't worry - I'm not asking for a freebie!
    It seems to me there is a large gap between your free service and your lowest cost billable service - which my charity can't afford. I wonder if you could make more money and offer customers a better service with low cost annual subscriptions for specific small features. Here's an example. The limit of 1,000 emails a day for my site is fine. The…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bulk delete mailing list members via API

Currently the API allows POSTing a CSV list of users to be added to a mailing list.

I would like to POST a list of users in CSV who should be deleted from a mailing list

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Specify reply-to for everyone mailing list

I would like to be able to specify a reply-to address when a mailing list is set to everyone. Currently it is overwritten to the mailing list address.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Based on some feedback I’ve received so far on the latest update, I’m going to put this idea back into “planned.” It seems there are use cases that the change we rolled out does not solve for. Ideally, to solve these other use cases, we would have a “reply-to” option on the list itself in our control panel where you can set it to “mailing list address” or “author”. Would this functionality work for those where the reply-to header does not solve for?

5. Unsubscribe page for users (Mailing Lists)

Make a template editing unsubscribe page (use this template in the mailing lists). Suggest using the editing unsubscribe page for use in various languages ​​(e.g. Russian, French, German, etc.), similar to the design of the main site, and more.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mailing List Recipient Search

The search feature WITHIN a mailing list only seems to search on full fields. Would be nice to type "RO..." and get roy, ******, ronaldo, etc. in the search.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase limit of number of mailing lists that can be created.

The current limit of 1000 mailing lists/account is insufficient.
    Increase it to at least 10,000.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add wildcard search to mailing lists & logs

The search feature should allow for some sort of partial or wildcard search (eg. "*@domain.com" or "m*@domain.com" or even just on name

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mailing List Member as Authorized Sends

To have the capability for me to set certain mailing list members as authorized sends, rather than an all or nothing situation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mailing Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sending mail to recipients in a mailing list based on certain variables

While sending an email to a mailing list, I want to be able to pass in some criteria. And only the members matching the criteria should receive the email.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)