General Feedback

What do you think of our email service? This is the spot for good, bad, or neutral feedback about our main product.
You can also leave feedback on specific features like Inbound Routing, Message Event Logs, or Email Analytics.
If you have feedback that you believe requires an immediate response, don’t post here. Submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com. Feel free to interact with other users if you agree, disagree, or found a solution to their feedback.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. The final failed retry event for a no MX message should have permanent severity.

When a message is sent to a domain without an MX record (498), mailgun attempts to send the message for up to 8 hours. Each attempt will be recorded as a failed event with severity = "temporary". The reason is set to "generic" for each attempt except the final attempt which is set to "old".

This final attempt failure event should have severity = "permanent" so you can use the Permanent Failure webhook to observe this dropped message.

Currently, you must also use the Temporary Failure webhook and inspect the reason property to see if the temporary failure is effectively…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Webhooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support default callback webhooks for all domains in my account

When I create a new sending domain, I need to configure the webhooks again. These are the same URLs for every domain, so it would be easier if I could set this for my account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Webhook

Webhook for Disabled Domains

The new hook would let us view a list of domain that have been disabled by our outbound spam filter in the last 30 days.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add webhook to forward all bounces to another mail address

Sometimes we need the bounces to external mail address so if we can use a webhook or a rule to forward the bounces that would be perfect.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add webhook support for "accepted" events

there is a webhook for "delivered" mail, but not one for when mail is "accepted" or put into the mailgun queue for delivery. One cannot determine the time a message was queued for unless they use the events API as part of the "delivered" handler to get the associated "accepted" event for the message. While this works, it would offer some more flexibility if we could hook into accepted events for a domain.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make it possible to send webhooks without attachments

Under the documentation for "Tracking Failures," there's a notation about the parameters included in the POST request that includes the following:

-----
    attachment-x attached file (‘x’ stands for number of the attachment). Attachments are included if the recipient ESP includes them in the bounce message. They are handled as file uploads, encoded as multipart/form-data.
    -----

I don't know what kind of attachments might be included in such a situation, but I would like to avoid sending any attachments in the POST request because that will only waste server resources and potentially interfere with other requests hitting my servers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

General Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base