Mailgun Dashboard

Have any feedback to share about the Mailgun Control panel or the Mailgun website? Please do so here!

Be sure to check out our forum for feature requests, just in case someone already posted your idea there. If not, please only comment about the functionality of our website or Admin control panel.

1. Allow switch DKIM 1024 to 2048

Mailgun supports now DKIM 2048 that is told to be better for avoiding spammers .
    All previously added domains has DKIM 1024.
    I propose a feature allowing to switch DKIM 1024 to 2048 keeping all other settings (without requiring to remove domain with all its settings and then to re-add).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Control Panel/Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Domain status sort/search function

When a domain gets disabled, there is no easy way to locate said domain through the UI. Either allow a search function to find these domains or enable sorting on the status column of the Domains dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Control Panel/Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Custom SMTP Password to the new UI

I use MG for alert stuff because i can see the logs and how it deliver/rejected. Things get complicated when i add it to embedded system such as scanners, or routers. The system add so many restrictions to it, such as max 20 characters or no symbols are allowed.

Creating simple credential with custom password can only be done with old UI and via API (means i have to create new app for people in my dept to use).

Please add custom credential with edit password/use custom password button back.

Thank you so much!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see the current domain queue for messages waiting to be processed

I am using a route to post incoming message to an API for processing. If the processing is successful, all is fine. If there is a processing problem, Mailgun correctly retries to post after a period of time.

I would like a way I can see all the emails that are waiting to be re-tried? I can see them in the log marked as "Will retry in 900 seconds:", but it is difficult to determine which emails are *still waiting to be processed*.

I want to see a list of everything that is currently waiting to be retried. That way,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Validation on the SMTP password box

Recently, I setup an SMTP account. I used a strong password generator. That password had special characters in it. When I went to use it, I got a very generic message that said Mail Gun does not love my credentials. The could be solved one of two ways. 1) Preferred - Have validation on the SMTP box when you create the credentials to not allow for special characters and a message to that effect if some are used. This would stave off this situation right at the beginning. 2) Not preferred but workable - Change the error message that comes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Control Panel/Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Correct permissions to view the "Clear Domain Queue" button

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it's where live chat told me too. This seems more of an oversight/bug then like "feedback" but apparently you need the Admin role to see and use the Clear Domain Queue button in domain settings. That doesn't seem right because I have the Developer role right now and can just about do anything in the UI from creating new domains, assigning IP's, creating and deleting mailing list; I can even delete domains completely YET I can't clear the message queue for a domain?

Clearly that logic doesn't make…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graph & data table inconsistent

Currently, in the Logs-section of the dashboard, you're presented a graph, and right below that, a table.

I was assuming the table contained the details of the graph.

But recently we saw a lot of orange in the graph, but in the details below the graph, everything was green...

Can we please get an explanation (legend) to specify what the graph contains (what does every colour/status mean exactly?), and how the graph and the table below relate?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MG Pros and Cons

Pros:

- Good customer service

- decent documentation

- easy to get going

Cons:

- Mailgun feels like its from the 80s. the UX is drab, and really ugly.

Been using AWS Heroku, and Google Cloud lately, and those interfaces feel like a rocket ship in comparison.

- Alot of what mailgun feels like a black box to me. This is my first real time using transaction email, but their is a heap that mailgun could teach, and be transparent about what they do under the hood.

- Setting up dns could be better. would be good to be able…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Log all SMTP issues during deliveries

TL;DR: Some SMTP issues are not logged as event, this can lead to multiple email sending without noticing it.

Let me tell you a (true) strory:

A customer calls us to let us know he receives the same email multiple times from us. We find this really weird… but, hey! He take time to notify us: let's dig into our multiple level of logs… We found nothing speaking to us… So we ask for an example to our customer… He send it back to us… We, now, can determine what mail was send multiple times… And, what a surprise when…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Control Panel/Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Feedback for Sign Up Form, UI/UX

Yes, here is some feedback

1. Onboard was very bad in the segment of signup. I wrote a ticket for this. As a web developer can say signup form is really, really badly done, you must spend more time to make a sign-in process much better. My suggestion is that you first create an account, do not take people's credit card on the first screen. You first want to capture their name and email, so you can have them in your database for marketing. Then on the second screen to complete the signup process ask them for all necessary card…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UX/Sign Up Form

1. There is no validation as-you-type of the credit card fields
    2.. When one press create account nothing happens if you didn't entered for example ZIP code. Nothing, and you do not know what you did wrong.
    3. After entering the ZIP button didn't worked, was disabled.
    4. In one attempt captcha expired, I clicked it, but the button was disabled again
    5. Feedback after clicking the create button is very bad, one small poor animation.
    6. A bit frustrated I entered wrong phone number on account activation, but then I faced the screen in attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turn off RECAPTCHA option for login, especially with 2FA

Turn off RECAPTCHA if Two-Factor Authentication is enabled. Honestly it is so annoying I would like an option to turn off regardless (since I may have several people access the logs) but definitely remove if 2FA is on because there is no bot concern with 2FA

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a user role that does not show billing or invoice information

We sometimes resell mailgun as a managed service and would like to be able to do a setup a client account (with existing user role feature) that will not show any of our billing information or invoicing from Mailgun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Different colored bars

Color blindness effects 1 in 12 men. Thats quite a big chunk of the population. I was just looking at the delivery graph and noticed there are two type of bars. Red and Green, to me they look almost identical. As if you used a 45% grey and a 50% for the bars. So subtley different they might as well be the same color. Perhaps you should pick different colors for the delivered and dropped bars?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to add Icon to the email details

Please add the ability to add/update the Icon of the details email (I mean, the Icon at the top left or right side of the email.

When sending via Gmail, you can see this Icon (if you edit it there).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let us search a mail using the mail body as well

As of now there is no way to search for the mail body in an email. Need a feature to search for the same as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Button to switch to a different random shared IP address

e.g. if the current one has been blacklisted because of another user.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a Sender Image to your Mailgun account

Add the ability to add a picture by your name -- little box that shows up in Gmail with the image of the sender

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Control Panel/Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. clean bounced emails from mailing list using dashboard

We are in process of cleaning our mailing list to increase our sender score.

When contacted the support about this, i got reply from Ryan and Chris:

1. Ryan Said:

There isn't a direct easy way to remove these users from multiple mailing lists. I would look through our API and Develop the best way that works for you.

You can do something like: if ```email``` exist on ```mailing list``` then ```delete``` else ```break``

2. Chris Said:

Feel free to submit this request here to be considered for development.

Temporary Solution using API:

So as Ryan suggested when i go…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simplify log paging

Add an option to browse the log by allowing to go to specific page. When there is lots of log it is clumsy when you can only go to next page or last page. Let's say there is 100 pages and the information you look for is in the page 50.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Control Panel/Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous responded

Hello,
    We’ve recently released changes to our log view that allow you to narrow in on a specific date/time range and adjust the ordering of the results.

Is this a better solution to the problem that you all were looking to solve?

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Mailgun Dashboard

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base