Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to move tracking pixel to beginning of email

Our platform allows users to generate emails and send them. Some of them are quite long, and end up being truncated by email clients like Gmail. This results in open events not being tracked for many of the emails, since the tracking pixel is at the bottom and the email was truncated. It would be great to be able to optionally move the tracking pixel to the beginning of the email.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please add support for assigning a specific attachment to each recipient in batch sending.

At this time Mailgun does not provide support for sending user specific attachments in batch mailing. Please add the support for that. In case of sending thousands of emails, we have to call the mailgun APIs thousands of times which does not look a valid approach. And we can't send URL of the attachments in the emails because the attachments files are stored temporarily on the server and it's confidential.

Adding this feature will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

9 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

9 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Upon login, view domains from my default region instead of fixed US region.

I'm only using the EU region for my domains. But it always opens up the US region.
          It would be great to have a setting where you can choose which region it should open by default.

15 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback here! We’re actually working on combining EU/US regions into the same dashboard so there will be no more switching back and forth between the regions. Stay tuned!

• Sanitize and/or parse addresses in headers for incoming email

Standard email headers such as FROM, CC, TO, SENDER, etc. contain email addresses, groups, or lists of addresses as described in RFC 5322.

Mailgun currently passes on the (transcoded) data as it is received, including any errors that buggy MUAs or ESPs may send. Moreover, most libraries only do very strict parsing; This forces developers to implement lenient parsing themselves to ensure all incoming email is accepted.

Mailgun could sanitize these fields in a way that we can really trust the headers and use a strict parser on them. That would be a big plus.

It would even BETTER if…

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
              In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

74 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Throttling adjustment on Mailgun side

The ability to adjust the automatic throttling for blacklisted domains (like yahoo) on our side rather than just having it done on the recipient side.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Customer’s Email Life Cycle

Customer’s email life cycle - what emails they’re getting, what they engaged with, and some type of visual of the emails the user received. Meaning, they want to be able to search for a user (someone@domain.com) and be able to view all (recent) messages sent to them and their engagement - like a contact profile for the customer.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Auto-detection feature for affected IP-addresses

A problem with sending email with Mailgun is: many Mailgun users are using the same IP-address. When another user is sending spam, all emails from that IP-address to Hotmail/Live addresses are blocked, until Mailgun has assegned a new IP-address after a couple of hours (when I create a ticket).

My idea: an automatic affected IP-address detection. When Microsoft returns an error "bad IP reputation", then automatically assign a new IP address and resend the failed emails.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Inbox placement stats

Inbox placement stats from ISPs that are sent every month to high volume users.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Track open events also if images are blocking

Part of my recipients are blocking images by purpose, it's a principle.
                        They won't change it.
                        As a result, the open event is not fired for those recipients.
                        I expect Mailgun to enable me track ALL OPEN EVENTS, regardless to the recipients settings.
                        Thanks!!!

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Please Turn of CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot for Those with 2FA

Hi Guys:

I have 2-factor switched on with you... super-hi secure. I don't even allow the texting version - Google Authenticator only, so my Mailgun account is really very secure.

However, for the best of reasons, you've implemented the CAPTCHA-I'm-not-a-Robot step where one has to recognize cars, mountains, traffic lights etc... BEFORE the 2-step. It's an annoying extra step that no other site requires for folks with 2FA enabled.

Can you please get rid of it for those of us who've already done the secure thing and switched on 2-step please?

Happy Holidays...

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• API Call Limit Increase

Increase the number of API calls accepted/processed at one time.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• A way to identify attached vs embedded images in incoming mail.

In incoming mails all the files - embedded or attached - come in one big bunch.
                              It's also impossible to re-build the HTML, because the identifiers aren't there.

If there was an extra array passed on with the request, containing file names with their original identifiers, this would become possible.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Offer Better Testability

Setting up a mock to test calls made to Mailgun is certainly the traditional approach, but that does not prove that one has integrated properly with Mailgun, or that some subtle functionality has changed that one is not properly handling.

The better approach is for Mailgun to provide a developer-friendly method for automated integration testing. That could be in the form of either having additional data in the response from Mailgun's API while in test mode, or it could be to provide a built-in offering to pull the message back through the API that was just sent, along with any…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Authorised Recipients include gmail "+" trick

I wish to have all email coming into a single gmail account (the account I registered with)

e.g. Authorised Recipients of name@gmail.com will cover me for using the "+" trick... so for name+test@gmail.com or name+anothertest@gmail.com or name+stilltest@gmail.com etc

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• [API] Ability to fetch recent changes to the contact list

At PieSync we would love to offer a two-way contact sync between mailgun and all our other contact apps (you can find the list of currently supported apps on https://www.piesync.com/connections/).

However currently we can't do this, because the API does not deliver us an efficient way to get recent changes to the contact list (recently created and updated contacts). If the API would add one of the below 3 methods, we would be able to do so:
                                    1. Fetch contacts updated after given time (filter the contact list by updated time).
                                    2. Fetch contacts sorted descending by updated time…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support SAML SSO

Support SAML SSO as well as oAuth or OpenID

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Login

People, thank you for getting rid of that Google re-capcha or whatever it was called. I never could get into my account, perhaps something to do with my color-blindness.

Earlier, you introduced an option for multiple authentication - log in then type in a message or number received via text. Unfortunately, I have a land line and text messaging isn't an option.

I vote for multiple authentication via email. I'll jump on that if you offer it and please let me know if is made available.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• webhooks should support routes

Currently webhooks do not support routes. For example if a failure occurs on a route, it will not be reported to webhook. This is a glaring omission IMO. For feature completeness it should be implemented. (And at very least it should be clearly documented (e.g. on webhooks page) for now that this is not supported.)

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base