Deliverability Forum

Welcome to Seasoned-Mailgunners and newbies, this forum is built for solely for customer to customer assistance, interactions, and discussions about improving email deliverability.

Did you find a golden trick to making sure you hit inboxes? Share it here! Ran into a deliverability issue but just can’t find a way around it? This is for you too.

Share hands-on knowledge to your fellow Mailgunners and be remember to be courteous of others.

Please note: This forum is not for immediate customer support. If you have a support issue please submit a support ticket or email help@mailgun.com.

1. Email to yahoo is not being delivered due to shared ip bad reputation

I signed up for a free account in early January. I got an email from Sam saying to post feedback in here even if it is negative. So far overall it's a good service except for this problem. Initially I hesitated to complain about this because I have a free account but if I were to convert to a paid account this problem might inhibit me from doing so and instead find a different provider.

Here's the problem. I have some wordpress sites and I integrated mailgun as the smtp sender for either contact forms or registered site users. I…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Reputation Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to adjust retry interval, which is currently preset and hard coded by Mailgun

Problem:
    Mailgun is currently trying to deliver this e-mail once every five minutes and getting a temporary failure each time, presumably because the greylisting settings at the remote end require a longer retry interval.

How can we set the retry interval?
    "delivery-status" -> "retry-seconds"
    The retry interval is hardcoded into Mailgun environment and can not be changed.
    Adjusting the value is currently not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reputation Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show us the sender score/reputation.

Reputation is everything in email delivery.

From your own documentation: "One of the most important assets you have in the email world (much like the real world) is your reputation. If you do not have a good reputation tied to your domain and your IP address (“IP” used herein for abbreviation), your email will not reach your recipients’ inboxes." (https://documentation.mailgun.com/best_practices.html#reputation)

It'd be nice to access the sender score [on a per domain basis] through the API. Knowing that info, directly, would give domain holders the warm fuzzies on their reputation without having to go elsewhere (senderscore.org).

Marco @…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reputation Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base