Validations

What do you think of our Email Validation API? Leave some constructive feedback here along with a brief description of your company’s use case for context purposes.

Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

1. Custom Timeout Configuration on Email Validation API

Recently, the timeout on the Email Validation API has been reduced. This has caused many valid email addresses to now return false (same addresses had previously been returning true).

This could be solved by allowing the timeout value to be configured. (Alternatively, a return to the previous timeout policy could also solve our problem).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Domains to be added to disposable email addresses

Hi Mailgun,
    We have identified some domains that should be added to your inventory of disposable/ temporary email addresses: zmat.xyz and anom.xyz
    The domain qhqhidden.com is also generating a lot of fake users / fake email addresses on our platform, but I'm not sure whether it is a disposable email generator or if there's another spam technique behind it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Validate Usage - display failures

On the validate/usage page you have a nice graph that shows total number of validations submitted on a given day, why cant you add to this the percentage of failed validations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Report false positives

It would be great if we could report a false positive result from the validator (e.g. a non-disposable email address was incorrectly marked as disposable, high risk, or donotsend, etc.) since my two legitimate email domains were marked as such, much as IP blacklist websites have ways of requesting removal from their blacklist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mailbox Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support multiple API keys

The v3 API allowed the use of a public API and a private API key. The v4 API only allows the use of the private API key. However, we do not want to disseminate our production private API key to the entire developer staff.

With v3 we defaulted to the public API key to allow developers to work unencumbered while also protecting the more powerful private API key from potential abuse by only having it used in production deployment. No developer has access to production.

The feature request is to either:
    1) make v4 API work like v3 API and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix the did_you_mean on email validations

The didyoumean described in your API for email validations never works, not even with the example "john@yhoo.com" displayed in your link https://www.mailgun.com/managed-validation/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email Validation: Error messages that don't make sense

https://app.mailgun.com/app/email_validations

The file format seems to be correct, but I just get Error with no additional information as to what might be a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. email validation does not accept POST requests

Hi there,

It appears that your API endpoint for ttps://api.mailgun.net/v4/address/validate is not correctly accepting valid requests.

That endpoint accepts GET requests, but not POST requests. This is incorrect because the endpoint relies on a form-url-encoded body, which should not be send in a GET request as per the HTTP spec. Instead a form-url-encoded body should be sent during a POST (or PUT) request.

I suppose it's fine to allow GET requests to work (even if they are technically outside the HTTP spec), but a POST request should definitely work.

I spent a few hours this morning ******* my head against…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mailing list upload fails

Uploading List fails even if i remove all the data columns and call a single column email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. provide logs of validation requests

I would like to view and query logs of previously processed validation requests and their results

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add email validation for the EU region

Add email validation for the EU region

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bulk Validations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide security from e-mail validation abuse

Provide improved security from abusive/malicious/duplicate e-mail validations. currently the mailgun system is setup to accept validations without any checks or limits (other than your monthly limit set in your account). A malicious user or failure in code could generate hundreds or even thousands of duplicated e-mail validations without warning and mailgun would expect payment for these validations. The end result is you could be paying for e-mail validations that some malicious person generated or from some unknown failure on your web server. Currently Mailgun makes it difficult to determine where the abuse / trouble is coming from since there is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide dashboard access email validation logs

Having the ability to view or download a date range of the email validation logs would in debugging and identifying abuse of the service. Currently I have to request from your support team every time I need them and the logs entries are not formatted with date/time stamps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When returning JSON from email validation, provide the Country/Region/City info of the MX server as well

When returning JSON from email validation, provide the Country/Region/City info of the MX server as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have log of JSON for email validation.

It would be nice to have the JSON returned for email validation stored in a log file so I can grab it (again) if something happens to my query. This wouldn't be such a big deal but since there are cost involved in each call, it would be great having a backup.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mail validation API limit by domain

Please provide limit the Email validation API being call from only specific domain please? To avoid public key being stolen and abuse usage.

Because implementing another server script just to hide the API key will introduce redundant roundtrip which degrade user experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base