Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link tracking statistics in reporting/campaigns

It would be nice if the clicked links were counted and shown in the campaigns or reporting tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to change phone number attached to the account

This would be great since I have just one phone number and I can't dissociate my main phone number from an old account and put it on a new one.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set up email addresses for simulating various outcomes

It would be really useful if I could simulate certain delivery outcomes in mailgun by using some special/reserved email addresses you've implemented.

For example, I'd like to be able to specify something like "bounce@test.mailgun.com" as a recipient, and have mailgun instantly treat the message as a bounce and notify my webhook.

Some of your competitors provide this functionality to their customers, e.g. http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/mailbox-simulator.html

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include List-Unsubscribe headers in DKIM and DomainKey signatures

I'm sending mails through mailgun.com via STMP and I add "List-Unsubscribe" headers to my emails prviding unsubscribe-email and -url (where appropriate).

As these headers (email and url List-Unsubscribe) are not included in the DKIM or DomainKey signatures, they are ignored by some mail services ...e.g. Gmail. :-(

Please include the provided List-Unsubscribe (and possibly other already existing) headers in the DKIM- and DomainKey signatues or provide an option to define which headers should be included. => X-Mailgun-Include-In-Signature header

Thanx!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase the max retry time (of soft bounces at least)

In case of soft bounce it can be expected that email should go through. The current maximum retry time of 8 hours is too short if there is lots of email sent. Retry time doesn't scale well in case if most email sending is done during the office hours. Morning emails might be dropped before the less trafic nightly hours. Below is an ESP throttling response from Hotmail

ESP throttling: X → Y 'Z' Server response: 421 421 RP-001 (BAY004-MC2F19) Unfortunately, some messages from IP weren't sent. Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Decrease retry interval for Mailgun server errors

When an email is not sent due to a Mailgun server error (e.g. 499 MX server resolution error), the retry should be much shorter than 10 minutes. Errors that are very likely transient (such as DNS resolution of a Gmail server), should be retried immediately and any error not resulting from a rate-limit should use a geometrically increasing retry interval, rather than the 10-10-15-30... interval progression.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow a setting to add unsubscribe links depending on the type of email (direct / mailing list)

Currently there is no way to configure your domain to conditionally add an unsubscribe link based on the type of email sent. If I choose to automatically add the mailing list unsubscribe link then it gets added to **ALL** emails from the domain name, even the ones which have nothing to do with my mailing list (e.g. verification emails, password reset, newsletters etc.). Except, in such emails instead of the link i get "%mailing_list_unsubscribe_url%" rather than the actual link.

It would be great if you could configure custom unsubscribe templates for different email addresses. E.g. maillist@mydomain.com would have a mailing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suppressions listed in logs

It would be better to mark re-try of delivering Suppressed messages as Warning rather then Error.
    this event already cased Error event and was "resolved" by adding email address to Suppression list, 2nd time it should be just a Warning in my opinion.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Forwarding of auto-responses sent to the return-path

Delayed bounce messages sent to the return path are correctly processed by Mailgun (if the MX records are set).

But other kind of messages sent the return path address, like vacation or out of office auto-responses are simply ignored and dropped.

It would be great to be notified when an auto-response is sent to the return path address, by forwarding and/or using a webhook.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide option to send Non-Delivery Reports to the original Sender

Mailgun bounce processing works great when a single sender is sending email to a broad audience. It does not work well when there are many original senders each with their own list of contacts.

Scenario:
    - Company with 10 to 1000 employees.
    - Company switches from a traditional in-house mail solution to Mailgun for all outgoing email.
    - John, a typical employee in the organization, sends email to a customer, but spells the address wrong.

Traditional in-house system behaviour:
    - John would get a Non-Delivery Report letting him know of his mistake. John would fix his mistake, and re-send the…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Force delivery address to aid development (per-domain)

When developing, I want to capture all emails - and have peace of mind that no one can possibly be spammed.

Some web frameworks allow you to force the delivery address for emails sent in dev mode; this is very useful (particularly when debugging problems on a live dataset) to ensure no one is spammed.

However to be really confident we need to do it server-wide. it's possible to do this via exim/postfix, but our devs aren't exim/postfix gurus and we've found it error prone (even with templates/docs)

Being able to plug in a Mailgun domain's SMTP details and know…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. URLs for Attachments

Cloud services like filepicker.io make it really easy to handle file uploads, they handle the upload to S3 and simply give you a url. However, if I want to attach this file to a mailgun message, I need to download it to my server, create the multipart mime message, and then send it to mailgun. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just provide a list of urls, and mailgun would fetch these and add them to the message as attachments?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option to resend an email directly from the message history

Similar do https://mailgun.uservoice.com/forums/156243-feature-requests/suggestions/6776246-add-an-option-to-resend-an-email-directly-from-the could we have the option to resend a message from the Message History for an message.

Becuase if you are reviewing a message (by looking at the Message History) you wan to resend it. You need to find it in the Logs list again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Suppressions export to CSV: Use ISO date/time format

Hi, could you use the ISO date/time format for the created_at field in the bounces export? The current format is not picked up by Excel well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Route Action Drop, which generates SMTP error "554" to sender

An enhancement to the current possibility to drop (e.g.) spam, which is set on the (entire) domain level.

It would be nice to
    --> add a route-action of block or drop,
    --> generates SMTP error "554" to sender
    --> show up in the logs as dropped.

This enhancement would allow to drop spam for a more fine grained selection like mail headers, keywords or specific addresses;

- DROP spam tagged messages (X-Mailgun-Sflag: Yes) for an entire domain, but DON'T DROP mails possibly tagged as spam to specific addresses or having specific keyword in the subject.

E.g. this would ensure that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow multiple email tagging with more than 3 tags

allow multiple email tagging with more than 3 tags

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom headers for Mailgun Wordpress plugin

Hi, the current Mailgun Wordpress plugin serves its purpose in overriding wp_mail function to send emails via Mailgun SMTP, and allowing users to change certain parameters like sender email and sender name.

It would be good if more options can be allowed in the plugin, such as custom headers, so that users do not need to write own filter for wp_mail, and can manage all email parameters in one plugin.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. in logs, add a filter for all domains

When using the Mailgun dashboard (/app/dashboard), you can see an overview of the message delivery (last 30 days). You can see Delivered, Suppressed, Dropped.... On the top of the graph you have links to these Delivered, Suppressed, ... messages. On the top right of this graph you can chose "All domains" or select a domain.

Now, when clicking the link of the Suppressed messages, for instance, it redirects to /app/logs/... .

However, in the logs, you cannot select "All domains" here. So if you see a note of a suppressed message in the overview, you cannot find this in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Timezone / Locale setting

When viewing US region, you may want time relative to the US. When viewing EU region, you may want time relative to EU

For example, checking why my mail isn't sending at 8PM GMT+2, then looking at the logs that have a time of 2PM GMT-4 makes debugging slightly more annoying than it should be.

It would be great to be able to manually set the Timezone / Local for log files or other data exports

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ip whitelisting for smtp sending

the vast majority of our sending is sent by one IP, the ability to whitelist use of the API and SMTP sending to that IP would make sending much more secure.

Also a fail2ban style policy such that should someone get an API key or SMTP credential wrong 5 times in succession that they should not be able to try again for x minutes and then increasing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base