What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

Force delivery address to aid development (per-domain)

When developing, I want to capture all emails - and have peace of mind that no one can possibly be spammed.

Some web frameworks allow you to force the delivery address for emails sent in dev mode; this is very useful (particularly when debugging problems on a live dataset) to ensure no one is spammed.

However to be really confident we need to do it server-wide. it's possible to do this via exim/postfix, but our devs aren't exim/postfix gurus and we've found it error prone (even with templates/docs)

Being able to plug in a Mailgun domain's SMTP details and know that any email sent through it will have To, CC and BCC stripped out and be sent only to the delivery email address defined in the Mailgun CP would be incredibly useful and give peace of mind.

Plus it's a feature no other provider has!

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Bowyer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pierre-Adrien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a tremendously useful feature. I'm currently looking for solutions as a complement to mailgun because we have testing/staging environments with specific domains where we don't want to send real emails to user... and I can't find a way to do this with Mailgun unfortunately.

Feedback and Knowledge Base