Skip to content

Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

139 results found

1. Permissions management for API Keys

Your Sending API Keys limits to just the sending portion of the available API. Can you expand this to include the Bounce API?

We use a Wordpress newsletter plugin called Mailster and as it needs access to the Bounce API it requires the account level Private API Key which is excessive for the use case.

Could you either expand the Sending API key to include the Bounce API or more elegantly allow users to manually configure what permissions to give an API key for their specific use case.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Role-based Access Control for API Keys is a new feature that is currently being developed. This will allow an admin user to create API keys using pre-defined roles which manage what level of access that API key has. Roles to choose from will be Analyst (Basic), Support, Developer, and Admin. This feature should be released in Q2 2024. 

2. Configuration to Send or Restrict emails from specific SMTP User

The requirement to send emails to only specific domains under the particular SMTP user.

For example, an application using Mailgun configuration will trigger emails to @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc., domains.
    But Mailgun needs to allow send emails only to @gmail.com and restrict sending emails to other domains.

Mailgun should have a feature to configure domains for both restricting and allowing for sending emails under a particular SMTP User.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Grant SAML SSO Availability to All Plans

SAML SSO Support should be available as an offering independent of plan level. By locking it behind the minimum plan requirement of Scale or higher, customers are forced to pay extra fees for features they may not require simply just to access the one they need (SAML SSO).

While it is understandable that such integration is not trivial for everyone, locking it behind higher tier plans that most people do not need effectively paywalls it unnecessarily. Most SaaS platforms offer this feature for free regardless of the plan or charge a reasonably nominal fee to tack it onto the account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Suppressions export reports sortable by Date, or output in usable format

The Bounced report has date output like this "Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:41:05 UTC
    ". The dates are not in order, and it is not easy to get programs like Excel to recognize this text as a sortable date.

Either output the dates in a format that is easy to work with in Excel (even if that means adding a separate date column without the time to the report), or sort the report by date/time. Yes, I could write a program to parse the date, but that seems like too much work to make your customers suffer through as compared…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DKIM signing via CNAME

I would like to be able to do is simply to let our clients add a CNAME record to the [domain] DKIM record (mx._domainkey.[domain], and then, when sending we could specify the signing domain for the DKIM signature.

For example: to align the domains in the example above, I would just create a CNAME record at mx.domainkey.domain2.tld which point to mx.domainkey.domain1. Then, the DKIM signature would declare the signing domain as d=domain2 instead of d=domain1

The benefits of this are:

1. We don't need to continually create and manage new domains in our account.
    2. The domains are aligned by…
    16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase maximum Authorized Recipients for Sandbox Domains

Increase the max number of authorized recipients allowed to 10 or 20 when using a sandbox domain.

We have a large team (~20 devs) that uses the sandbox domains for testing, and it's difficult to have to swap out users every time. Sometimes they all need the ability to test in parallel. Increasing the max number of authorized recipients to 20 would alleviate our issues.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support for macros in DNS SPF records

Currently, DNS SPF records using macros will not be automatically approved by mailgun. Some mail services (like valimail.com) use macros to avoid the SPF character limit.

Example:
    v=spf1 include:mydomain.com.nspf.vali.email include:%{i}.ip.%{h}.ehlo.%{d}.spf.vali.email ~all

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search in Templates Listing

There should be at least search for templates.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default View for Logs

On the Sending > Logs page, the default fields are consistently reset regardless of what changes you make. My team does not need to see the defaults, and must change these settings every time they load a new page. Please make an option for those choices to be sticky, or to allow users to set default values for their shown fields on the Logs page

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User Permissions

Would like the ability to have users only access certain domains. Example if I had 5 domains on the account I would like to have user x only able to see domain A and not b-e.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share templates between domains

I would like to ask, whether it is possible (or at least you plan it in the future) to share mailgun templates between domains?
    We would love to have 2 separate domains for production and testing purposes, but share templates, se we do not have to duplicate them and keep different ids depending on environment from which we are sending.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a "Bulk Resend" function under LOGS

Hi MG,

We've resent 200++ worth of emails Manually through logs.
    It would be good if you could add a BULK RESEND Function or a TICK ALL Function under Sending > LOGS so that we can resend failed / rejected emails in one go or in bulk.

Having to manually resend each email is counterintuitive.

Failed: postmaster@circlesoft.netballaratbridgemall@collinsbooks.com.au 'Returns Request' Server response: 554 bne3-0003mz.server-mail.com - Connection refused 198.61.254.15 listed on SPAMCOP DNS RBL

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Per-link analytics for click tracking

Being able to track opens and clicks and consume that data via the Analytics dashboard is awesome. However, most emails that we send out contain multiple links - e.g. for account activation, homepage, featured blog post, social links, etc.

I would like to be able to have analytics on a per-link basis. Mailchimp allows this, see https://i.imgur.com/2iIocrv.png.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make suppression columns sortable

It would be extremely useful to be able to sort unsubscribes and complains by date in Dashboard -> Suppressions, rather than by recipient. Even better, make all three columns (recipient, timestamp, tags) sortable. Preferably also allow the user to choose a default sorting.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase max attachment size

Can we have options or features to allow the change of email attachment size accordingly.

For now, its limits to 25, but we look forward that we can adjust it accordingly to our policy but ensure within acceptable global standard such as 50MB.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Analytics by SMTP user

It would be great to filter analytics by SMTP user!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Manage multiple accounts with the same email

There is a way to create multiple logins for the same Mailgun account but we can't reuse an existing account. The error message is:

Error: Unable to invite user. User already exists

We need a way to manage multiple accounts under the same email, not having this is a total nightmare :\ We have this in Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc ...

There is no way I will ask my clients to forward me the "passcode" everytime I need to login on my client's account.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey y’all,

I hear you on the frustrations here. Unfortunately just about everything account related is tied back to user who created the account and their email address, which is currently a unique mapping across Mailgun, so it’ll take a bit of work to allow this functionality.

Until we’re able get this implemented, the workaround I use is plus addressing. For example, cfarmer+account1@mailgun.com and cfarmer+account2@mailgun.com allows me to essentially create multiple accounts using the same email (activation and notification emails will be delivered to cfarmer@mailgun.com). The majority of the major Mailbox Providers (Gmail and MSFT included) support this.

18. Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
    In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide option to send Non-Delivery Reports to the original Sender

Mailgun bounce processing works great when a single sender is sending email to a broad audience. It does not work well when there are many original senders each with their own list of contacts.

Scenario:
    - Company with 10 to 1000 employees.
    - Company switches from a traditional in-house mail solution to Mailgun for all outgoing email.
    - John, a typical employee in the organization, sends email to a customer, but spells the address wrong.

Traditional in-house system behaviour:
    - John would get a Non-Delivery Report letting him know of his mistake. John would fix his mistake, and re-send the…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base