Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export data from Tagged Analytics Section

It would be nice if we could export the nice graphs and charts on individual tag analytics pages. specifically i'm talking about https://app.mailgun.com/app/analytics/DOMAIN/TAGNAME/overview

this would be a great feature because then you can export individual stats to pdf or csv - the way we use the tagging feature is by company name. so each of our clients that uses our sending system we built is tagged based on the company name we setup for them. as it is currently we cannot export any of this data and will need to build our own solution via API. You all have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow multiple email tagging with more than 3 tags

allow multiple email tagging with more than 3 tags

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Optional redirect to 'my' website url following user unsubscribe

As part of the existing unsubscribe process, after the unsubscribe has occured, redirect the user to defined url on 'my' website (ideally passing some ID param of who has just unsubscribed) - this can replace any visible Mailgun page (but retain Mailgun functionality)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. dedicated

When the Mailgun account have a dedicated IP, new domains (added in the dashboard or via API) automatically receive the dedicated IP in their sending IPs list. This is not desirable in many cases as one might want to have just a handfull of domains being served by the accounts dedicated IP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2FA Auth APP Paperless Key

Your assumption that all authenticator apps work the same way is in error.

You reference a paper 2fa code that is provided when 2fa is activated. I see no paper 2fa code provided in the web interface upon activation. I do not see any email with a paper 2fa code. This paper code is supposedly how we can deactivate 2fa if we lost our 2fa device or app. My authenticator app does *not* provide any "paper key" when I setup mailgun with 2fa. I use LastPass authenticator.

My point is to indicate the instructions, and requirements for deactivating 2fa using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show Accepted in Analytics page

Currently when going to Analytics you are able to see your tag with the following:
    Name, Processed, Delivered, Unique open/clicks, created last seen

Would it be possible to add "Accepted" to this view?

If you click on the Tag you are able to see that detail.

The other thing that would be helpful is when comparing two or more tags in Analytics to allow the "Processed" amount to display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support for Multiple emails per contact when uploading csv to mailing list

Hi,

When creating and uploading emails to the mailing list with a csv file, "only one name/title , one email" format is supported.
    I wish it was possible to have "1 name/title , first email, second email, third email , ..."
    per line to be added.
    Some times we have excel files in which there are more than one email per company or person.
    Therefore instead of adding another line in csv with "same names , different email" per line in csv, it would be great to be able to add multiple emails per name in one line...

I hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support user generated DKIM keys for strict DMARC alignment

dmarc.org[1] lays out several strategies for integration with third party senders; your current implementation allows option 1.1, which means that you can use a subdomain (e.g. mx.example.com) to send mail from @example.com and pass DMARC with relaxed alignment.

However if the organisation wants to use strict alignment this will fail (mx.example.com matches example.com in relaxed alignment, but fails in strict alignment). Option 1.2 would allow this by having your customers generate a private DKIM key for example.com and providing it to you so that you can generate DKIM signature for example.com with it when sending from mx.example.com.

[1] https://dmarc.org/wiki/FAQ#My_organization_uses_third-parties_senders.2C_how_can_I_get_them_DMARC_compliant.3F

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add # of Pages to API Events

The "paging" array in the events API should show the total number of results and the number of pages so you can iterate through multiple pages easily, knowing exactly where you are in the pagination. The current version of the API shows no count so you have to paginate through the results blindly. Not ideal and impossible to mitigate performance issues when handling many pages of results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The (subscribed) sender of a mailing list should also receive his own sent mail

The (subscribed) sender of a email (to a mailgun mailing list) will not receive his own email, when he writes to a list. This is a very confusing behaviour for most of the users and it will result in countless misuses: The users will try to send their email over and over again, because they think that their email didn't get through the mail system.
    I have never seen and never used a mailing list service that behaved in this way. Googlegroups, Yahoogroups, Domeus, whatever... you always get back your own email. Furthermore, this behaviour is not mentioned in the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enhance DMARC By Adding the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) Protocol

Mailgun should enhance their mail engine MTA to use the Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) protocol with all inbound and forwarded messages that go through Mailgun.

There are 2 situations where this will help. When evaluating inbound emails and the DMARC policy of the sending domain is checked and fails or when Mailgun receives an email sent to a mailing list that, in turn, sends the message to all mailing list members.

For both these scenarios, if a DMARC check is done and the original sending party has a policy of quarantine or reject, it is possible for these valid emails…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable click tracking on specific links

It would be great to add the ability to disable click tracking only for some specific links in an email.

In know that you can disable click tracking for all links in an email, but I couldn't find anything about doing it only for a specific link.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Incoming (Route) Message Limits

I have the account limit setup, but still managed to surpass it almost 10x and end up with a large bill because "The custom message limit is for outgoing messages only. The messages you are seeing are for incoming messages(via routes)."

To not have alerting of unusual usage or max limit configuration is a scary prospect. Please advise!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix GoogleImageProxy User Agent Parsing

In looking through some of the log events, I'm noticing a common User Agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko Firefox/11.0 (via ggpht.com GoogleImageProxy)

This appears to be a Google Image resolver, but unfortunately it's identified as a Windows Desktop. This incorrectly inflates those categories in my Open statistics.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Log clicks on a per link/URL basis

Log clicks so that it is viewable / searchable in the stats. An email might have different URLs and it would be useful to see what URL the user clicks on.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add functionality to cancel a scheduled campaign.

There are occasionally last minute changes to the email content, subject line, lists or all of the above.

It would also be uesful to have the capability to stop a mailing once sent although this is a 'nice-to-have'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Link tracking statistics in reporting/campaigns

It would be nice if the clicked links were counted and shown in the campaigns or reporting tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show the recipient variables in the logs

Currently, you can see the mail that was sent by clicking the cogwheel next to a log entry. However, you will not see the recipient variables. This would be useful to know.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New Mailing List Access Level List of Permitted Senders

Change the access level of a mailing list not only to be limited to "members", "everyone", and "read-only" to also include an option for allowing a list of addresses for a particular list or domain. Updating the list of permitted Addresses should have a similar API access as editing mailing lists. This allows specific people to send to lists they are not on, but also restricts unwanted senders.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to change phone number attached to the account

This would be great since I have just one phone number and I can't dissociate my main phone number from an old account and put it on a new one.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base